Oh my! Meringue, quark & fruit, divine!!!

Hello, ive heard of this Quark but havent seen it it my local co-op or sommerfields.Where can i get it? Tesco?? Asda??

I get it from Tesco's. It should be where the soft cheeses are.

ok, ive just made them, at last! This is what I did: Preheat oven to 150 degrees. You must have it on a low heat. 3 egg whites and sweetener (as much as you personally like). Make sure the bowl and utensils are super clean. whisk egg whites until you can turn the bowl upside down and they dont move, then fold in the sweetener. Place blobs of the mixture (this made 5 blobs) onto greaseproof paper lined oven tray and flatten slightly. Pop in the oven until they are golden brown. Turn the oven off and leave cool inside the oven.

I've tried one and it was crispy on the outside and kind of fluffy and crispy on the inside. But it was stuck to the greaseproof paper so next time i'm going to spray some frylight on it first. Also they needed more sweetener. But they were still good and are definately worth a go as they are free on every plan. I'm going to have another bash tomorrow and see if I can get them spot on.

Stay tuned ! :D

Took the meringues out the oven this morning but they had gone all soggy :sigh:. Im definately not the worlds best cook so I'm going to stick with Tesco meringues at 2.5 syns each:D

Hi, Jodidi, I notice your little icon man say you're sick, I hope it wasn't the merangue!!!

lol, no i've a sore throat and lost my voice, honest, hee hee!

Thanks Jodidi, trial and error is the key thing to remember I think, I'll give it a go but I don't think I'm going to get a chance until tuesday. Thanks for taking the first step for me! I'll have a go using teflon sheets and see if that helps with the sticking problem too.

Took the meringues out the oven this morning but they had gone all soggy :sigh:. Im definately not the worlds best cook so I'm going to stick with Tesco meringues at 2.5 syns each:D

I have no idea how to make meringues so I don't know how hot the oven has to be. But I do know that certain sweeteners can't be heated over a certain temp. Do you think that may be the problem? :confused:

But I do know that certain sweeteners can't be heated over a certain temp. Do you think that may be the problem? :confused:
Could be, The one I used was Silver Spoon sweetener, I think, but I cant remember what it was made of as I have used it up,

That is what happened when I made them. Went really soggy inside, but still looked good on the outside!

Back