Oh my poor legs!

katie_oxo

Silver Member
I've had a bike for about 3 years and have only ever rode it 3 times ... and that was 3 years ago! I never had one when I was growing up so this is my first bike and to say that I'm very very wobbly on it is putting it very mildly. Anyway I decided that now is the time to get it out and have a go, so on Monday I practiced round the car park in work during my lunch time, Tuesday I did about a mile down to the village shop near work and tonight I've been out with my son on it. We did about 3 miles, the last .75 miles was all up hill (why oh why do I live up a hill :eek:) - when I got home and walked into the house my legs really were like jelly!

I'm sticking with it though, I'm taking it back to work tomorrow so that I can carry on with the lunchtime rides and hopefully will go a couple of evenings too - can't wait till my legs get used to it.

Your legs will get used to it and you will soon reap the benefits just focus ahead of you when going uphill and not looking down at the road for some reason this just seems to make the hill disappear quicker and just keep peddling no matter how slow you seem to be going you will soon find it really easy. All the best with this, keep us posted with your progress.:)

Well I got back on it today at lunch, felt fine and the hills didn't feel as bad - going to do the same tomorrow and then bring it home for the weekend ...... got to say that it don't feel too good on the old backside, maybe one bad thing about having lost 5 stone!

I keep saying im going too get my bike out,Its been in the hut for 6 years so it needs a good wash & oil, i keep hinting at oh but no joy as yet.

Well done you :p

I've got a bike in my shed and I'm hoping that come the spring I'll be able to try riding it again, although it will need spruced up.

Back