oh no.. day 5 on ss and I have caved!!!

sharong

hi, well its day 5 on ss and today has been my worst day..at 8pm tonight i couldnt hold out any longer...so before i could raid the kids sweety jar.. i had another shake!!! do you think i will have done much damage having 4 shakes in a day .. i am 5ft 5in and my start weight 5 days ago was 13st 12lb..could this have now knocked me out of ketosis and made me gain weight....oh i could kick myself ..honestly i am stupid BUT if i didnt have the 4th shake then i know i would have had to nibble on some food...:cry: :cry: :mad:

If you had to have something extra you picked the right thing, it shouldnt effect your ketosis as all. When I started I ask my CDC if I was really struggling what could I do and she suggested have another shake....So well done for not having anything else

I can't really answer your question about ketosis etc. But you were soooo good to grab for another shake, far far better than sweets. Don't feel guilty, feel proud that you resisted the bigger temptation.

I know how hard it is, when the kids and hubby for that matter are stuffing sweets or crisps, but when they do, I come and see whats going on in minimins and it takes my mind off it.

Take care
Tracey
x

HI

You will be fine with the additional shake - VERY WELL done on making such a positive choice - DO NOT feel guilty feel very pleased for making such a good choice!!

Best of luck on your journey xx

:) :bliss: really...thanks for your replies..i feel much better now..i wasnt sure at all what harm i might have done...oh thanks for helping me guys...xxx:) :)

Hi Sharong,

Why don't u make up a pack of chocolate truffles for such an occasion, you don't need to eat them as they are very sweet, but it makes you feel like you are being naughty and you can always have them in the freezer waiting...?

Just a suggestion...x

You are doing really well, you just wait till you step on them scales you will be amazed...

Love

Hi
I think you will be fine as i started at 13st 9lb and i am 5ft 2 my cdc told me to start off with 4 shakes to get into it, but because i was fine on 3 i just stuck with that. So i dont think it will make any difference. Well done for reaching for the shake instead of food. You will do great keep it up.

Hi Nikki

Have you got the recipe for the chocolate truffells ~ sounds scrummy

3 weeks into the diet and I am struggling with the taste of it, not hungry but hate the aftertaste

Weighed this morning and had a chat with my "diet angel" Ann and she showed me how to make crisps, delicious (not quite walkers but there you go)

Can you make crisps out of the chocolate shake and pretend that they are those cadbury things that look like chocolate pringles (sorry forgot the name)

Any recipes would be grateful as I have a long long way to go ~ still positive but need a bit of help from all you inspirational people

thanks

I ate today :( My partner's brother took us out to dinner and as I'd never met him before, I didn't feel happy not eating. I had a chicken caesar salad. Do you think it's knocked me out of ketosis? I felt really bad about it afterwards but I really didn't feel that I could sit there with a CD bar...

Hi Nikki

Have you got the recipe for the chocolate truffells ~ sounds scrummy

3 weeks into the diet and I am struggling with the taste of it, not hungry but hate the aftertaste

Weighed this morning and had a chat with my "diet angel" Ann and she showed me how to make crisps, delicious (not quite walkers but there you go)

Can you make crisps out of the chocolate shake and pretend that they are those cadbury things that look like chocolate pringles (sorry forgot the name)

Any recipes would be grateful as I have a long long way to go ~ still positive but need a bit of help from all you inspirational people

thanks

Yep, chocolate shake or choc mint... put into a container or bowl and trickle water and mix until a thick paste.. greaseproof paper, put drops of the mixture on the greaseproof and put in the freezer for a minimum of 40 minutes... do the drops as big or little as you want them... I found that I made 8 and that was enough, also from personal taste, they are a bit hard after 40 minutes, so eat one frozen while you wait for them to defrost slightly but not too much... they are really nice, and make you feel like your having chocolate...

As for the crisps I haven't tried them yet, only on day 8...

Good luck...

Love

hi, well its day 5 on ss and today has been my worst day..at 8pm tonight i couldnt hold out any longer...so before i could raid the kids sweety jar.. i had another shake!!! do you think i will have done much damage having 4 shakes in a day .. i am 5ft 5in and my start weight 5 days ago was 13st 12lb..could this have now knocked me out of ketosis and made me gain weight....oh i could kick myself ..honestly i am stupid BUT if i didnt have the 4th shake then i know i would have had to nibble on some food...:cry: :cry: :mad:

I reckon you did exactly the right thing, better to have a nutricious shake than empty sugary cals. I would think that you'd still be in the pink after an extra shake, probably a good idea to increase your water to aid digestion. Keep up the good work you're doing fine.

The truffles recipe is any shake pack ... but I love choc mint, made up with only enough water to make it a really stiff mixture. Use teaspoons and make into ball shapes - put on a plate or grease proof paper and put in freezer for about 40 mins ... mmmmm!!!!

Treefrog - I'm sure you did ok with caesars salad ... drink plenty of water - stick to your packs tomorrow and you should be back in ketosis before you even notice you've come out!

I ate today :( My partner's brother took us out to dinner and as I'd never met him before, I didn't feel happy not eating. I had a chicken caesar salad. Do you think it's knocked me out of ketosis? I felt really bad about it afterwards but I really didn't feel that I could sit there with a CD bar...

I think your choice of meal was a good one though you may well be out of ketosis due to the dressing and cheese, especially if you have the croutons. Put it behind you and get back on track now, don't let it become a habit cos you'll find yourself giving yourself permission to eat more and more often especially if you get away with it on the first odd occasion, trust me I know cos I'm the biggest culprit of this! You'll soon be back in the pink, and well done on your loss so far.

Ask your CDC for some Mix a Mousse, once made it feels like you have had something to eat without the guilt, and it will still keep you on track.:D

Back