oh no - feel like making myself sick!!!!!

jane76

Silver Member
ive been struggling to avoid a chocolate binge for a while now but after a stressful day with the kids (first day of Scottish October break) id stupidly bought a bag of fun size chocolate bars for the girls thinking that i could control my urge to eat them and that i could occasionally have 1 bar averaging between 3.5 -5 syns per bar.........

im now sat on the couch with the wrappers on 9 funsize bars totalling 42 syns:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: i feel totally ashamed of myself and am now almost guaranteed to gain on Wednesday and after having 5 on plan days in a row something that i was so proud of myself for doing as id been struggling with the plan for ages:( and id already had to cut back on my syns up till Wednesday because of what i drank at the weekend.

Arghhhhhhhhhh why do i do this to myself all the time? am i deliberatly trying to stop myself getting under my 1st stone:mad:

wow wow wow, take a deep breathe girlie. Your totally over -reacting. This is NOT the end of the world.

i have the entire day of wednesday off meaning 3 slices of white toast with nutella on for breaky, with a bowl of choc cereal.. stop off at shop and eat 3 bars off choc before work.. bakery for dinner and then after Wi i have pizza and a dessert.

now, i count none of that, but its well over my weekly syn limit for sure. i always have 5 syns a day after and its never affected my weight loss. If youv had a fab 5 days on plan, aslong as youv been good today in general.. and you give yourself a good slapping and manage tomorrow on plan too.. maybe no syns tho :p lol.. i think youl be fine.

and if your not, then youv learnt your lesson. Sad as it is, i cannot be trusted with 15 syns, or with any kind of real synned treats in the house. Im a binger. Cant change, and fed up of trying, so i just gotta roll with it.. i survive by having my wed's off, and im lucky that aslong as i dont mess up the rest of the week, i can still loose.

calm down, just because you ate 9 mini choc bars doesnt mean that your 5 days on plan are any less benificial to your loss.

now, come on. Do you want this? cos i think you do. So dont let it ruin it for you, learn from it, forget it. move on. be good. xxxxx Only one more day till weigh in, thats all i tell myself.. one more day.. one more day..x

We all do it hun! Its one little setback in a really good week. Take the girls out for lots of walks in the next couple of days- don't let it ruin the rest of your week! Eat less syns to compensate too:) Good luck hun xxxxxx

Don't stress yourself out hun. It's only one bad day and you have had 5 good ones! Hopefully it will even itself out and you will sts or lose. Next time you feel like binge eating look back to this post and see how bad it made you feel - it may help :)

I'm an emotional eater and find it very hard not to binge eat....sometimes I just can't help myself :sigh:

Chin up....lets plan for a syn free day tomorrow
:hug99:

Jane - please stop feeling ashamed - you have not done anything wrong. You are an adult and are allowed to eat what you want. It is always difficult getting into the correct mindset to start a new diet - so well done you for starting the one you are on. I want you to stand in front of the mirror and say 'I am proud of myself for sticking to plan'. You should say this 5 times because you stuck to plan for five days straight. Then take the sweet wrappers and put them in the bin. Tell yourself you are a numpty for eating them and then let it go - we are all numpties from time to time.

You may surprise yourself and have lost anyway this week - but if not, think about what you need to do to lose weight next week. You can do this but you need to work out what works best for you. Distraction techniques work well - I spend a lot of time on here because it is a good support network - and I am not so likely to eat if I am typing.

T^ake care - I am thinking of you, xxx.

Oh honey,

hope everyone else's posts have made you feel better. |Don't stress, at least they were only fun size bars!! I could easily do that with the full size whoppers, and have in the past!!

Just think of it as a pothole in the slimming road, you fell down it, but can bounce straight back out and be on your way.

Hope you enjoyed the choccy, and although we feel guilty afterwards, there was a reason we needed to do it at the time.

Big hugs

xxx

aw girls youve made me cry, thanks for caring so much about me ((hugs))

Fern - how horrible is to be a binger! i hate that part of me and wish that i wasnt so weak around food:( i do totally want this! i want to get this stupid 3 stone off and want it before christmas? absolutely no syns for me tomorrow and im going to try and eat as much SF foods as i can cram in. im just finding it so hard to be 100% recently maybe i should try your method and be good everyday but have wed as my treat day then ive got something to look forward to each week (i used to do that yrs ago when following a different diet and it worked well)

Claire - thats exactly what im going to do, i did that today in fact and really enjoyed ourselves so will do it again tomorrow and ive just looked up exercise classes in my area as i know that i need to get more active so maybe this is the wake up call that i needed?

et hoc transibit - ah another emotional eater ((hugs)) its so hard isnt it? im definetly got to aim for a syn free day tomorrow and hopefully my 5 good days will have minimalised the damage of tonights binge!

lass321 -your right i do need to start telling myself that im proud when i have a good day as this is something that i dont do, in fact i hate standing in front of the mirror and try to avoid it when ever possible.

rhibro - i too have done it with full size bars in the past, god i wish i was someone who hated chocolate lol then i wouldnt be having these troubles! and you know what after the first bar i wasnt even enjoying them anymore! so it was a complete waste of syns!

thanks again everyone i should have been on here when i felt it coming on rather than turning the computer off and maybe then i wouldnt have had the binge - but its all history now and there's nout i can do about it now!!!

There is something you can do about it. Learn from it and get back on plan!

We all have our off days. Was 0.5lbs off getting my stone loss and put 2.5lb on! Poo happens. Just learn from it and carry on. Whatever you do, don't fall into the trap of going oh sod it i've ruined it and carry on binging. Damage limitation and there is still the possibility of getting back on track and still having a loss.

Aww Put this behind you , it was a ripple(not the chocolate type) in the ocean. Remember how you feel with yourself for the next time you feel a binge coming on,it might put you off. Tomorrows another day, good luck.

Aww Jane come on hun, chin up, no need to fall into despair cos you gave yourself a little treat! Its not the end of the world and to be honest with you, for whats in a mini choccy bar, its probably not even two big ones so don't beat yourself up about it.
We all have these days. I am terrible when its my TOTM I simply cannot control my hunger pangs and I eat lots of crisps which I always feel guilty about afterward so I know how it feels.
So come on, pick yourself up, dust yourself off (and chuck those choccy wrappers away!! :p ) and just see this as one little downfall...so what...we all have them. As was suggested before, if you feel the need to binge again then just keep this thread bookmarked and come look at it and it may help you to resist next time!
Another inspiration could be looking at a particular piece of clothing that you want to look nice in, I have 2 dresses and a pair of jeans that I want to look good in again (thats just for starters!) and every time I feel the urge to binge I get them out to try on - not only does it distract my mind but it also makes me more determined to succeed to get my flabby bits off and I'll go not want my treat any more.

Its so easy to give in hun, we all know that, but sometimes, you have to have a treat and at those times, don't make yourself feel so down about it - just pick yourself up and start again tomorrow. Hugs!! XX

Hi Jane

I too am a binge eater and it is so hard, its definitely like a split personality for me as I actually feel so much better when I can stick to it 100% !

Firstly you've come on here and been so honest about what you had and thats a very brave thing to do, so well done for that. I actually think this is a good thing to do because next time the urges come even the thought of confessing to everyone may, in the back of your mind, help you.

Secondly I've started seeing my binges as an opportunity to practice getting back on the SW wagon (((offers Jane a hand! Come on Jane! ))) I figure the more times I have to do this jumping back on the easier it should get for me ??!!??

Thirdly last week when I started to stray from the plan, I really found focussing on trying different speed foods each day brought my focus from what I couldnt have and made me realise all the great things I could have. Variety is key!

Its such a slow journey for me, but I have to keep with it. You've done so well for nearly getting to a stone loss, I'm struggling to make it past 5 and I've been trying since Jan.

Hope you turn the blip around and have a really great day today, take care and keep us posted x

thanks everyone it really means a lot to me to have all your support ((hugs)) i was back on track from first thing this morning and hopefully will be until i reach my target...oh and beyond that too lol. my mum called tonight to tell me that she's booked a holiday for me and my 2 girls her and my sister and her 2 kids in june! so the gloves are off and I WILL be at target for going on holiday :)

Mwah xx

Nice one ! Thats a good motivator for you Jane :)

thanks everyone it really means a lot to me to have all your support ((hugs)) i was back on track from first thing this morning and hopefully will be until i reach my target...oh and beyond that too lol. my mum called tonight to tell me that she's booked a holiday for me and my 2 girls her and my sister and her 2 kids in june! so the gloves are off and I WILL be at target for going on holiday :)

Mwah xx
Oooh you lucky thing! If thats not incentive I dunno what is :D Get yourself a nice bikini body in time for it!
Well done for getting yourself back on track too ;)

i know i am one lucky girl :D

really think i had to get that binge out of my system and im glad that its over and done with now as tonight im sitting here and the fridge has still got chocolate in it and im not even tempted in the slightest :D

I've been fine with the chocolate thing lately but have picked up a few bogofs lately so currently aside from the 60+ magic elves in the cupboard I have shedloads of buttons, Magic stars and a new fangled dairy milk bliss in the fridge, no idea of syns. I just want to eat them. Why now? is it cause WI tmmrw?!!!

i feel your pain chris, i was in lidl or aldi....alway getting confused with them lol but anyhow they had all there christmas chocolate stuff in for a brief minute i was tempted to buy it for the kids you see lol but luckily i decided not to or i might have been sitting here tonight up to my ears in foil wrapping again lol

I've been fine with the chocolate thing lately but have picked up a few bogofs lately so currently aside from the 60+ magic elves in the cupboard I have shedloads of buttons, Magic stars and a new fangled dairy milk bliss in the fridge, no idea of syns. I just want to eat them. Why now? is it cause WI tmmrw?!!!

jane - well done on getting straight back on track and what a fab mum you have!

chris - i know what you mean my WI is tomorrow too and just want to eat everything in sight just had 2nd HEs for weetabix and milk. Right going to bed cant eat if i'm sleeping! lol xx

. my mum called tonight to tell me that she's booked a holiday for me and my 2 girls her and my sister and her 2 kids in june! :)

Do you think Mum would adopt me?? Well done on your new found resolve - funnily I have found today really tough. Fortunately my kids have flown the nest so I have no choccies anywhere lol.

Back