Oh nooo! ive totally messed up :(

bexsyy

Hi everyone

Just hoping for some moral support really. My mother In law has been fighting cancer for the last year and at the weekend she was rushed in to hospital with multiple organ failure, she is only 50 and has only a few days left. Anyway to cut a long storey short I felt very down and weak yesterday and endend up eating toast about 3 custard creams and an orange. I am so dissapointed in myself and feeling even more down now I have messed up.

I dont want to give up, just concerned that one binge will have made me put loads of weight back on. I read water binds to glycogen, and as I have just filled my liver back up with glycogen will I now put a ton of water weight back on? I have no scales on the advice of my cdc so I cant weigh to see the damage.

Thanks everyone hope you are all doing better than me

So you've messed up.. Big deal!!
we have all been there! The most important thing is you draw a line and start a fresh! Plenty of water and stick to it a 110% you may have time to redeem yourself before weigh in and the worst thing that can happen (diet-wise) is you'll put on this week, but you'll get it off again the next week and sometimes putting on isn't a bad thing as you will learn the lesson and not do it again,
Don't be so hard on yourself your going through a tough time but don't let this tough time destroy your dream, put your mind and all your energy on being a slimmer healthier you, I wish you loads of luck with your journey, let me know how your weigh in goes :) xx

If you consider what you could have had.... You haven't done badly at all. Its a new day & you can keep going, doing well and you will get there. Just think forward (no looking back - its not helpful!)

Good luck x

Don't worry, the worst case scenario is that you have put on a pound, as you do put weight on quicker due to glycogen. However, if you pull it back straight away you will be back in ketosis quickly (it isn't like going back to the beginning - not based on what you said you ate). That said, you need to come up with other support mechanisms to food, that is what got us all in trouble in the first place.

Don't dwell on it, it could have been a lot worse.

Awwww thank you all so much, I feel loads better just reading your reply s. Your all right and saying exactly what i would be telling others in my position. I have got straight back in to it this morning and feeling really positive again...This is not the end! :)

Well done Bexsy for getting right back on track, as has already been said any water retained will very quickly be lost, when is your WI?

Back