OH Problem

Yes we can

Hey fellow LTer's

Just wanted to ask some advice! I was on LT back in August where I stayed on it for 3 weeks and during that time my OH was really supportive and even when I was coming off it he tried to get me to stay on it just because I had asked him dont let me give up !!

This time when I told him I was going back on LT he was having none of it saying I can't go back on that! He said he doesn't want to hear about it etc so I'm on day 3, last night I really wasnt feeling well so I wanted to go to bed early, so I rang my OH early as we talk to each other every night on the phone and said I am going to bed early etc and he said your only sick because your on that thing go have something to eat !!

So I didnt mention me being unwell or I havent mentioned anything about LT over the last 3 days and I was just wondering do any of you's have any problems with your OH like this? It's just really hard because I talk to him about everything and not being able to talk to him about this is killing me !

Any advice is much appreciated x

Sorry to hear your oh is giving you troubles, both me and my oh are on it so we "moan" to one another at the moment that we're hungry as we're revisiting the diet and it's only day 4.

I wish I could give you some advice but I can't as I'm not in the same situation. I hope he starts acting "normal" to you soon. x

After the first time where you did it for 3 weeks did you say bad things about the diet after you'd come off it? Or was you different when on it? (some of us are without realising)

Has he maybe done some research on the diet on the internet (and lets be honest there is some idiots out there with some very ill-informed opinions). I would ask him hun.

Can i also ask does he have weight issues himself?

Ah thats great that you both are doing it together must really help alot !! I hope he snaps out of it soon aswell you see he thinks im fine the way I am (which I am far from) so that is why he can't understand it :( Oh well fingers crossed x

I think you're just going to have to ask him to respect what your doing if he can't be supportive. Ask him not to say anything negative.

My OH humours me enormously with every new diet I say I'm going on (most I don't even start... I just say I am). He was quite surprised with LT as I just did it and then told him. His support to date is to eat his take away junk at the table not on the sofa next to me!.

I think you need to get your support on here. Once you've been on it for 4 weeks your OH will see you are serious and will hopefully support you once again xxx

Hey Ladies

Thanks for your support. Katie no I didn't say anything bad about it probably just that it was hard not having food! When im on this im consious about my behaviour so i try my best not to get into bad moods etc so dont think its that! Yeah I could show him the website see what he thinks. He doesnt suffer with weight problems so doesn't really know what it's like ! He once said it's easy to loss weight ! I nearly went mad when he said that lol

Yeah Josie I reckon I will just try and talk him around over the next few weeks he is normally really good and supports me through all my other diets like ww and sw but just this one I think its because of the social restrictions like I asked him yesterday what are we doing the wkend and he said im bringing you out for dinner! I was like eh no your not ! I think he's hoping ill go off it soon.

Ah well ill trudge on :) Thanks girls x

Hey Ladies

Thanks for your support. Katie no I didn't say anything bad about it probably just that it was hard not having food! When im on this im consious about my behaviour so i try my best not to get into bad moods etc so dont think its that! Yeah I could show him the website see what he thinks. He doesnt suffer with weight problems so doesn't really know what it's like ! He once said it's easy to loss weight ! I nearly went mad when he said that lol

Ah well ill trudge on :) Thanks girls x

It is all so easy for people that have never had weight problems to be judgemental .. with the not knowing how hard it is and what a battle it is, it makes them unknowingly ignorant. Which i suppose is understandable ..so you've to try make them understand.

If it was easy then none of us would be where we are today, none of us would be doing this journey .. that alone shows the true difficulty faced with weight battles.

You will do it, with or without his support because you have all us .. :) x

Thanks Katie :) :) :) I feel so much better :) x

I would maybe have a chat with him and explain that you mean it this time and you would really like his support!!!

I could not do this diet if my OH wasnt as great as he is!!!

I'm sure he'll come round.... maybe try and think of something you could do at the weekend that doesnt include food!!! xxx

Thanks Deezer ill just keep tapping away at him until I get him onside :) yeah probably go to go cinema and maybe a game of pool or something drink and food free :) x

Right back at you dee :) x

He's probably thinking that you're miserable on a diet and hates to think you're putting yourself through misery! It's well meant I'm sure of it. He's trying to let you know that he loves you no matter what size clothes you're wearing! But you can just explain that when you're happy in the way you look and feel that he'll reap all the rewards of the new you too! Explain that you have to do this for you and that it's the quickest way to get there and that you've loads of support from this site from like-minded people so you're determined to do it. Just quietly get on with it and stay smiley and chirpy as best you can and he'll come round!

x S

Thanks Shivie I will defo take your points on board and try and have a long chat with him this wkend :) I have found though that with the support I get here I dont actually need any other support :) so i will just battle on myself :) He did say last night though that he would support me, then said do you want me to get your drink for friday night lol I was like I'm not drinking (men huh cant live with them cant live without them)

Hope your getting on ok on your restart hun x

Flying along thanks petal! Even though it's only the third day, the battle of actually knuckling back down to it is over! And the war against weight WILL be WON! Stay smiling and strong babe!

x S

Back