ok 1st question!

debsxdiet

Silver Member
Can i eat butter nut squash is it high in carbs? have no idea where to find out. is it the same as summer squash thats in the atkins book?

make that 2 questions!

When it refers to half a cup is that like a tea cup or mug or is it a weight i dont know about i know years ago my mum had a cookbook that weighed stuff in cups and it turned out to be a measurement.

a "cup" is 250ml in our measurements.

Try your local £1 shop, they had sets of all cups and measuring spoons in funky neon colours last week. Or if stuck, use a measuring jug in the interim.

You can find "weight" carb coverters and I know that the newest version of Atkins for the UK had the grams in the allowable salad lists. I think the allowable salads was like 230- 340g a day of certain veggies.

The US cup measure I bought back from Canada is larger than ours, mine equated more to a coffee mug over here. Squash is OK but not on induction I don't think. I'd have to go and check that one though. I think it's not allowed until OWL.

I went and checked it, BNS is one of the higher carb squashes, here is everything you wanted to know about squashes.

LINK HERE

butternut squash is really high in carbs for a veg xx

OMG!!!! I am so so glad i asked thanks for all the info, i m sure i'll have loads more questions

Yes Debs, you should be getting the majority of your carbs from green salad leaves during induction.

yep i have bought the salad in preperation. all organised was gonna start on monday but i'm working nightshift sunday night so wnt eat much on Monday as i will be in bed so will officially start on Tuesday i will weigh myself then and will wi n friday with everyone else

Back