OK, how many syns in a Lemsip?

JestersTear

Silver Member
Went to the site, and they have 'Lemsip'. I put in cold and flu - nothing. I put in blackcurrant - nothing..

Help!

I'd make your own out of lemon juice and Beecham's Powders!!

I'm guessing that would be free - you could always put a tsp of honey in (1 Syn?)

If ya ill, ya ill! Just drink it hun. It cant be helped. Plus, you'll probably eat less anyway, i know i do when i'm ill. Hope ya feelin better soon x x

2 syns a sachet hunny :(

Are you sure? I had some the other day and found the food directory has lemsip all varieties at 1/2 a sin a sachet.

Found it on the syns online -
Lemsip Lemsip, all varieties per sachet

extraeasy.gif
½ Syn on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original ½ Syn
green.gif
Green ½ Syn

Me too! Feels mean having to count it as sins when your ill :)

I wonder why I couldn't find it on the syns online?

Ah well...yep, just got over a chest infection, now I'm full of cold :-(

Thanks girls! xx

I recommend just taking paracetamol instead with some hot NAS orange squash - I've not had a Lemsip in years!

I wonder why I couldn't find it on the syns online?

Ah well...yep, just got over a chest infection, now I'm full of cold :-(

Thanks girls! xx

Tell me about it! In the past 7 weeks I've had the flu, two bouts of the cold and a hacking cough that is now entering its third week. Doctor says it's viral and there's nothing to be done other than sit it out and that could take 6 weeks. :(

I can't have NAS stuff, I get a reaction to the artificial sweeteners..

Is it every type of artificial sweetener that you get a reaction to? There's quite a few different ones and it might be worth trying some different brands - you might find one you can have!

Feel better soon. I had the same problem just after i started sw but found that because i felt crap i didn't eat as much anyway so the syns balanced out.

Is it every type of artificial sweetener that you get a reaction to? There's quite a few different ones and it might be worth trying some different brands - you might find one you can have!

So far, yes.

I just find it easier to avoid all the NAS stuff and either have water, or have the full sugar stuff and either syn it or just have it and deal with the gain later

Back