ok i'm back!

brewanne

i Joined this a few months ago and for the first 3 days, i did really well, and then.....well it went down hill and i stopped bothering :(
i did weigh 12 st 4 and now weigh 11st 10, i'd still like to lose about 2 or 3 stone though.
I have just joined the gym about 3 weeks ago and have been going about 4 times a week and doing classes but i havn't lost any weight yet :( it's really quite fustrating. i'm not good with diets i give up so easily and snack too much, i have no will power, and i don't have the money to join weightwatchers or anything :( or money to buy healthy food to snack on ..... thats the problem living with my mum. if anyone has any help.....please w.b xxx

Hey, it's great that you're going to the gym so much, I could never make the time, even when I had a membership. You said that you haven't lost any weight, but have you checked your mesurements? If you're going to the gym that often that's where your changes will be.

I probably sound a bit like a broken record, but you could try slimfast. It's fairly cheap compared to some of the other things that I've looked at, and you can still have tea with your mum.

You could also try counting calories. I think that would work well for you if you're living with someone else.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

Thanks, i may try that, ive never relly thought about slim fast and i did cout calories for about 2 months and i lost about 1/2 a stone, and then the snacking started again....but i may try slimfast. sounds good :) and i will have to start mesuring as i feel as though i have lost weight, and well atleast toned a bit.

Do you do the grocery shopping, or does your mum? I recently moved out on my own, so I'm doing my own grocery shopping for the first time. I've found that I need to have a list, otherwise I'm more prone to impulse buying (junk food!) and well, if it's already in the house...

Even if you're not the one doing the shopping, just ask your mum to pick up some fruit for snacking on. Or you could go shopping with her and try to sway her to go for healthier fare.

And if you don't want to do slimfast, you can at least use it as a basis for calorie counting. A shake is just over 200cals, you have two of those a day, a healthy 600cal meal, and up to three snacks (up to 100cals each.) It doesn't really matter what you eat, so long as it's fairly healthy.

sounds like youre doing okay and slim fast is a good idea even if its just a few times a week to help you get into a routine.
how tall are you, if you dont mind me asking and yes it is worth measuring yourself as you are probably toning but sometimes all that matters is the scales and what they say for me even if i am toning...lol
good luck with the last of your weight loss
x

sounds like youre doing okay and slim fast is a good idea even if its just a few times a week to help you get into a routine.
how tall are you, if you dont mind me asking and yes it is worth measuring yourself as you are probably toning but sometimes all that matters is the scales and what they say for me even if i am toning...lol
good luck with the last of your weight loss
x

i'm 5ft 5

your 5ft 5...and you want to loose 2-3 stone?? :eek:...so you want to be around 9st?

thats some goal ....hope you stick to it hun x x

haha yeah, well i don't mind only losing a lil bit at first, just to be in the healthy catagory but, obviously a little bit more to push me into an average size would be good. i've never really been slim and it's something i'd like to be.....i have no idea what i'd look like, nd i have no idea if i will even be able to get to about 9-9.7 st? but it would be nice :D

Do you do the grocery shopping, or does your mum? I recently moved out on my own, so I'm doing my own grocery shopping for the first time. I've found that I need to have a list, otherwise I'm more prone to impulse buying (junk food!) and well, if it's already in the house...

mum does the shopping and does my brother and her partners pack lunches so theres always crisps and snacks to tempt me. when i get my allowence money i usually just spend it on healthy food and fruit and stuff for dinner and things. but i havnt had any money for ages.....my mums not exactly a healthy person and i have tried so hard to get her to by healthy stuff but she just winges about it. i think if i lived on my own or with my partner the house would be alot healthier

Back