ok please threaten me!

Megan, the first time I did CD I was one of those ridiculously 'perfect' people, did everything by the book (and I mean, everything). Couldn't understand why in the world anyone would cheat, even shouted at my laptop screen when someone came in to confess that sad to say, once again, they'd fallen off the wagon... Why did they do it? I wondered. How could they let it happen again??

Those words came back to bite me on the bum, that's for sure. :D :D :D Now I know exactly why and how... :rolleyes:

There's something particularly difficult about getting back on CD - and staying on - not quite sure what it is. But I do know that it can be done, and I'm blooming well going to keep trying until I do clamber back aboard that wagon.

Like you, I'm on Day 0 - and I've also got to face my CDC tomorrow, grrr... This time last week, I'd got 6 100% CD days under my belt. This week, er... Let's just say I haven't. :rolleyes:

Wanna do Day 1 again with me tomorrow? We'll just get through one day, okay? Not think any further than that, just one day? Gotta be better to face your CDC and say you're back on track than to let another day go down the pan, LOL... :D

Hi Megan, I was in control until the 11th December,then been having too much weekend tipple and took 2 weeks off for xmas. I got back on the wagon 2nd Jan,then the booze demons got me last Thurs,Fri and very badly on Saturday.
I saw my cdc today,and only 4lb gain on her scales.....honest it was 19lbs on my scales on 2nd Jan.
However I have so many socials coming up.and unlike the pre-xmas Mrs T am not saintly enough just to choose to have the odd one off plan,I'm taking them all-and I'm going on hols end of Feb(you'd think that would motivate me to be saintly,but no!).
However my cdc absolutely brilliant,she has stopped me feeling guilty and worrying about next month's weight-instead she has stopped me beating myself up and helped me accept one week at a time, despite a weekly social on the whole I am still maintaining a healthy lifestyle and I will get there,although obviously at a slower pace.
Part of my problem is havn't bothered to buy new clothes yet,so even ones have slimmed into are big and I am so much happier than have been for a long time I feel great at my current weight which is 1st 8 above BMI of 25
I am sad I am not that cd saint of the late summer and autumn,but then again I am not the compulsive eater who drank every night and totally repulsed myself like I was this time last year.
We will get there Megan! x

I think ultimately it doesnt matter how long it takes you to get there, as long as you get there in the end!
Life gets in the way, its meant to! its for living after all! and if that means a slower weight loss but fun and enjoyment on the way then so be it!
Life doesnt just stop because youre on CD, and it sure as hell doesnt stop afterwards either! its all part of the learning process which should prevent us ever going back to what we were pre CD... We have to learn to deal with things along the way, holidays, nights out etc.. its all good!
BRING IT ON!
we CAN and WILL deal with things and get to goal...!!!

FACT!

Ps Hi Alex-Ice,tried to rep you,but wasn't allowed-anyway just wanted to say love your idea of spending xmas somewhere that it isn't celebrated!x

Megan!! Thought you were hiding out with that male friend you had told us about! :cool: Seriously, if you find my thread where I pitifully tell the world of CD how I failed and fell miserably off the wagon for 4 weeks!!! and gained 20lbs - man that's some good reason to cry!! You'll get back up as soon as your head "attitude" stops messing with your head "wants". I was like "yeah, I can get back on 100% anytime, let me just enjoy this last fatty meal and some wine" - come morning, well it was another day... another day for uncontrolled eating! had to break the cycle, had my 4 cd meals plus a protein meal in the eves mostly last week and now I'm back on track... Sometimes I wish I could kill that little voice in my head always telling me one bite won't hurt!

Heya Megan! You're not alone, believe me- it's an ongoing struggle at the mo! Managed 3 days 100% and now drifting back into a nibbly pattern- and I'm eating through choice, not need- argh! It's frustrating as hell!

I'm trying to tell myself that for every day I nibble, that's an extra day on SS I've just added on and an extra day that I'm gonna be a porker! I've reached the overweight stage and just gone 'way-hey!'. So, it's time to get a grip, grit our teeth and dig heels in.... I can be a stubborn sod at time, so gonna try transfer some of the stubborness in the CD direction!!:character00116:

Aww I really feel for you. I fell off the wagon at Christmas and now i'm finding it really hard to get back on track and have opted to try Cambridge. I'm scared i'll gain back the three stone i've lost.

I think this is the day! I fell off again last night and ate but for some reason this morning, I woke up and I think things have clicked back into place. I think reading through this thread again last night helped too.

Today I have woken up and I feel that my head is back to where it was at the beginning. I CAN do this and I will stop messing round. I will get back into my routine and just DO it.

It has helped so much to know that other people are finding it hard too and seeing their resolve has helped get mine in gear. Let's see if we can all boost each other and get our heads round the fact that we KNOW we can do it.

I am even going to go out for a walk! There is too much snow in my village but none in the next village so I am going to drive there and go for a walk!

grins - it feels good when it has all clicked back into place and I know I am going to have a perfect SS day - :) and then another and then another etc.

We can do this!

I think this is the day! I fell off again last night and ate but for some reason this morning, I woke up and I think things have clicked back into place. I think reading through this thread again last night helped too.

Today I have woken up and I feel that my head is back to where it was at the beginning. I CAN do this and I will stop messing round. I will get back into my routine and just DO it.

It has helped so much to know that other people are finding it hard too and seeing their resolve has helped get mine in gear. Let's see if we can all boost each other and get our heads round the fact that we KNOW we can do it.

I am even going to go out for a walk! There is too much snow in my village but none in the next village so I am going to drive there and go for a walk!

grins - it feels good when it has all clicked back into place and I know I am going to have a perfect SS day - :) and then another and then another etc.

We can do this!

Oh hun, I've come a long way to be here - so obviously deserve some breakes now and then. Glad you are in the zone this time - you'll soon see your time fly by.
Good luck with rest of your journey xxx

Alexice it is brilliant you are back in the zone, I am getting WI tonight so tomorrow is D day- however we have had another bucket load of snow so not sure I will be able to get there! (I am I just making up excuses?! :D)

Thank you for all your lovely support it does mean a lot to me....I am going to make a thread and you can all come sit on my wagon with me! however I warn you now it will be full of moaning until I get back in to the swing of it! I will get it back and I know I will!!

QUOTE]

How strange, this is what happened to me, i described to my CDC it felt like i had woken up and come out of another world and suddenlt became focused all over again.

Good luck with your WI tonight megan xxx

Megan, you probably know how bad I have been at getting back on the wagon after a break!! I am the queen of restarting but not restarting!!!

The way I did it was to choose my day to start (1st Jan) then I had my 2 shakes, one for breakfast and one for lunch. Evenings are always hard so I had some tea but I chose to have cheese and crackers because it's what I fancied. Then the next day, I did 2 shakes again and found that I had the strength to have a 3rd and just went to bed early. Since then I have been okay and have been 100% SS for 12 days now. I guess I kind of saw it as a goodbye meal and it got me back into the swing of things. Plus I ate so much of the cheese I was craving, I felt sick!!!! :p

I hope you manage to get back onto the wagon! You have done so well! x

Megan - Just thought I would tell you - I am having a good day. I am on track with my packs and have even been out for a walk! I have just got back and feel glowing and good!
Hope you are having a good day too!
hugs

Lottie - yes indeed. It was all different and I just knew my head was back into the right place and I could do it again. lol - glad you had that too!
Megan - you are next in line for the morning revelation!

Last edited:
Good luck Alex and Megan - nice to see you both back on track xxx

Back