Ok so I know its only small but...

BoomBoomBoom

...Curiosity got the better of me to see if I had lost anything since tuesday. I know midweek weigh in's are probably not a good idea and can sometimes be discouraging but I was so excited at how i've been doing that I got myself weighed.

I've lost my first pound :D

It actually made me so happy that I went jogging ten minutes later. Jogging. I weight 18 stone and i've never jogged in my life, i'm lucky I didn't cause an earthquake :eek: (joke by the way, dont mean to offend anyone, however I do think a sense of humour is important for me during this gruelling process :D)

So I just thought i'd share!

My official weigh in is tuesday evening so hopefully I'll have lost another pound or two by then!

...Curiosity got the better of me to see if I had lost anything since tuesday. I know midweek weigh in's are probably not a good idea and can sometimes be discouraging but I was so excited at how i've been doing that I got myself weighed.

I've lost my first pound :D

It actually made me so happy that I went jogging ten minutes later. Jogging. I weight 18 stone and i've never jogged in my life, i'm lucky I didn't cause an earthquake :eek: (joke by the way, dont mean to offend anyone, however I do think a sense of humour is important for me during this gruelling process :D)

So I just thought i'd share!

My official weigh in is tuesday evening so hopefully I'll have lost another pound or two by then!

Brilliant !!!! :D:D:D

Isis x :)

Official weigh in not 'til tomorrow but had to get weighed AGAIN today as I was at the doctors.

Now at a loss of 3.4 pounds since I started last Tuesday :D

Thank you very much, I probably wouldn't be so enthusiastic if it wasn't for seeing the success stories on this site :D

You know its funny i always find it easier to be happy about other people's weight loss than my own, i think I'm just too impatient with myself and expect it all to come off overnight.

But you should be enthusiastic because thats 3.4lbs you'll never see again:D and by coming on and posting about it your letting others know that they can do it too.

I know what you mean icklemissmosh, I used to be impatient aswell, i'd cry at the thought of having to span things out over a year. But then I began to read and research more, and I actually got scared that if I did it too quickly, I'd gain it back quickly. I really dont want that, because I hate even remembering how miserable i was before I started...

:)

Woohoo! Nicely done!
But do try to stop yourself from getting into a habit of weighing in more than once a week. Your weight fluctuates naturally throughout the day according to how much you've drunk or eaten, how much you've sweated, how much you've said goodbye to down the loo, and even barometric pressure. So many people get discouraged because they weigh themselves every day or two and gain a fraction of a pound even though the first weigh-in was at 7am on a Saturday morning after a night's sweating and a morning wee, and the second was Sunday afternoon just after dinner ;)

Pick a day, a time of day, and stick as closely as possible to it every week :)

Woot!! Well done BBB :D and good for you on the jogging!! Who cares if it causes earth quakes!! at least they wont be able to think yoru lazy!! :D

Does a joyfull dance for you!

well done! I think I'd keel over if I tried to jog

hi
Just joined today and am 311 lbs i wanna be about 210 ideally but thats, along way off, need support and chat. difficult to exercise as hubby very ill and im caring at home 4 him & mum of 70, just had stroke. hope i can do it this time, i am healthy eating and just starting orlistat, 2nd day. would love to make new friendships with similar minded people.

good luck everyone

You can do it, Jue. Why not head over to tickerfactory.com and set yourself up a little weight-loss ticker? I get ever so chuffed whenever I look at mine :)

Bump :D

Finally reached the half stone loss mark today :D

I'm so excited!

Back