Ok Sway me...

Determined Bunny

A Very Determined Bunny!!
I am new here and considering starting slimming world! If I give you all a little background, please tell me if it is possible to get what I want from this diet.

I will be going it alone, I have been given the information on what to do eat etc from a friend.

I used to be on Atkins because I love meat, I have also calorie counted for a while at 1000 calories a day!

A few years ago I used to be a size 8/10 and was really happy with my weight. However life has it struggles and due to a lot of stress I have managed to get myself upto a size 14!

I would love to be able to do a diet that allows me to have a takeaway weekly if I really want it. Eat till i'm full. See the weight loss quickly.

Please tell me if you can help or if this isn't the diet for me do you know of any other? I would appreciate all the help I can get :wave_cry:

Hi DB,

Firstly you have just pretty much explained slimming world!! haha

I think different plans are right for different people but from what you have just discribed this will work very well for you.

There is unlimited food daily so you will never be hungry and you are allocated syns so that you can have your take away if you want it - obviously making the healthier choices on the menu!!

If you like me 'red' days will probably suit you made up of all the veg a meat you could want (fat removed) and a healthy extra portion of starchy foods (pasta, potatoes, etc)

I hope this helps, let me know any questions, everyones really helpful on here so we'll all give you a hand!

Good luck on your journey xx

Hiya

Ok to answer your concerns:

1) SW will absolutely allow you to eat until you are full. That's one of the main principles of the plan.

2) You CAN have a takeaway, but you will need to be sensible about it. If you are prepared to pick one of the "healthier" options, that's better, but if not you can always go over on your syns that day and try to make it up over the week.

3) Your weight loss MAY not be as fast as Atkins. Some people will lose quickly but for others its far steadier - 1 to 2 pounds a week on average.

One of the best things about SW though is that you can eat pretty much most things as long as you plan ahead. I'm sure you won't regret trying it.

Hope that helps.

That's okay :)

All i will say is that from your other diets you have mentioned you may have had quite a quick loss.

Slimming World is a life plan and fantastic if your in it for life but losses do vary, my average for the first month was 1lb a week, im happy with that as it was what i wanted.

Many people do experience much bigger losses especially if they also exercise, i just wanted you to know xx

I would say that sw would fit in with your way of eating.
You can eat until you are full, there are free foods aplenty.
It is possible to lose weight quite quickly, if you are focused.

However, eating a takeaway every week will have an effect on your weightloss if you don't make sensible choices. For example if you chose to have a curry, naan bread alone clocks up a massive 22 syns on average, and poppadom 4 syns each and a korma a whopping 33 syns.:eek:
You are allowed approx 10 syns a day, so that would use almost all your syns for 6 days. Having something like a chicken tikka balti would only cost you about 11.5 syns on extra easy plan. That way you wouldn't have to skimp on syns for the rest of the week.

Hope that helps, good luck whatever you decide :)

SW is not a quick-fix 'diet' - it is a lifelong eating plan. That said, I lost 4 stones in about 7.5 months, which is fairly quick! I'd say I averaged 2lbs a week. However, I think the steadier you lose, the more you become used to the plan and it becomes 'normal', a way of life, so the more likely you are to keep it off.

Good luck :)

Back