Ok today but really struggled yesterday

ChocVelvet

Day 10 for me - and so far so good - but yesterday was a real struggle. Not sure why - wasn't stressed or tired or anything but did feel emotionally low and really hungry and the shakes didn't feel satisfying - and for some reason kept smelling food smells that were even there!
At one point, even went into the kitchen to raid the biscuit tin - but put them back and phoned my sister instead, and spent an hour on the phone feeling sorry for myself.
Woke up today feeling OK but did speak to my CDC who suggested I have 4 shakes instead of 3 for a few days if I feel the need. Also, my computer is back up and running so was able to read some of the posts here to keep me distracted. :)

Hey ChocVelvet, sometimes that 'munchy' feeling comes upon us for no good reason. You so did the right thing - well done!! I'm hiding on here at the moment cos I can smell the chicken cooking for dinner and my stomach is acting as though my throat's been cut!! :p But it is so worth it, truly it is!

We all have struggle days, its a case of keeping focussed, when you put the biscuits back, it was a big turning point for you, well done, that takes some doing,
Keep your eyes on the prize, remember you dont need any extra food, its just the old chatterbox trying to win x

Day 10 for me - and so far so good - but yesterday was a real struggle. Not sure why - wasn't stressed or tired or anything but did feel emotionally low and really hungry and the shakes didn't feel satisfying - and for some reason kept smelling food smells that were even there!
At one point, even went into the kitchen to raid the biscuit tin - but put them back and phoned my sister instead, and spent an hour on the phone feeling sorry for myself.
Woke up today feeling OK but did speak to my CDC who suggested I have 4 shakes instead of 3 for a few days if I feel the need. Also, my computer is back up and running so was able to read some of the posts here to keep me distracted. :)

Hiya - sorry u've been finding it tuff :(

I think it takes a while for ur mind to realise that ur not gonna be eating anything for a while...I found it really strange for the first wee while.....don't worry u'll be fine - 10days is a great start...and even if u do have an extra shake every now and then....so what ??!!!!

Just stick with Minimins and u'll be grand.....

love

Debz
xx

Did you add anything different, diet coke, water flavouring, veg flavouring?

Or perhaps did you go too long between meals or not drink enough water.

Just thoughts really, at least today you are okay again.

I think we all have moments like that. I remember going round to my mum's and wanting to eat everything in sight and I was really down in the dumps. I didn't know why I was feeling like this because I remember saying to myself why am I so down. I think I was just having a major craving and the body went into mild depression. The next day was fine and I felt great as I didn't reach for the naughty things the night before.

Nick :) :)

I am on day 10 too. There are times when I feel I have to eat, and other times when I find the thought of replacements meals so boring, but once I have eaten and not feeling full, I'm fine. The other thing that keeps me going is knowing that this works, I have lost 10lbs so far.

Hang on in there!

I have only started today (just had my first ever shake) and I have decided I am going to write a list of all the reasons I want to lose weight and put it on the fridge, so each time I feel like quitting I can remind myself why I am doing it.

It's not forever and I think the sacrifice has gotta be soooooooooo worth it!!!

Keep going!

At least we have this great site to help us through!!

Back