OKAY LADIES!!!!!!

Hi Guys thanks for adding to our " disaster list " !!! Hahaha!!

I think I remember my Mother doing some sort of Grapefruit thing, though she did SlimFast too !
Also, growing up in the 70's I remember her buying Slimcea Bread ?? And TONS of Ryvita !!

Coming in late to this one but I like it so had to join in....
1) Cutting back - yoghurt and apple for lunch - that was never going to work...
2) Susan Powter very low fat + exercise - anyone remember her? Mad American with very short blond hair..... did lose 2 stone, but it came back gradually when my knees started hurting with all the stepping. Still can't do step....
3) SW. Think I did too many green days, not enough protein. Lost about 6 lb, and £60 - not doing that again!
4) HE/GL. Something I can stick to that I know is doing me good!

Kate

Hi - forgot one...Paul McKenna - I can make you thin. Tried this a couple of times.....interestingly, turned out he couldn't....

Kate

Gosh my list of diets looks embarassing :
WW
SW
Jigsaw Diet
Scottish Slimmers
Lunchbox Diet
Harcombe Diet
Dukan Diet
Rosemary Conley
Clean Eating

Before I had my first child (she is 16 now:eek:)I used to train at the gym 4 to 5 days a week I ate healthy I didn't have any worries regarding my weight.After I had my daughter I put on quite a lot of weight,I then had another baby (planned) 15 months later he was quite big and I had put even more weight on with him.I had stopped the training whilst pregnant and never really started it up again:mad:.My heaviest weight was 12stone 8 and my lowest was 11 stone 2.After trying all the different diets my weight sticks around the 11 stone mark.I would love to lose at least a stone.I felt really good whilst I was eating clean and then another diet would rear its head and I would try that one to try and get the quick fix:sigh:
Angie x

Hi - forgot one...Paul McKenna - I can make you thin. Tried this a couple of times.....interestingly, turned out he couldn't....

Kate

Never tried this myself but know people who have, did you have to put your knife and fork down and tap so many times before having another mouthful ???? I'm sure one of my friends had to do this !!!

Oh - can I join in?

I've done Slimming World. Was successful first time round, but then ate too much free food. As soon as I was told I could eat as much pasta, potatoes, rice, etc. as I wanted - I ate shed loads of it. As soon as I was told I couldn't have something because it was high in syns, I wanted it. Doomed to failure.

WW - went along and was asked why I was overweight:mad::eek: Cos I've eaten too much.... only went once. Couldn't cope with converting calories to points - why not just stick with calories?

Slimfast - yuk. Doomed to failure.

Cambridge Diet - as above. Plus felt so ill, I had to have something nice and tasty to make myself feel better.

Paul McKenna - Only eat when you are hungry. Trouble is, every time I asked myself if I was hungry, the answer was always yes.

Calorie counting / healthy eating. Success!

Haha Meltdown your list made me laugh !!!! Love it !!!! Even though I am not using a gimmicky diet / diet aid at the moment I still CHECK them out, at the Supermarket/ Chemist !!!! What is that about ???? It's like an addiction....I'm still looking out for a quick fix !!!!! Ahhhhh !!!!!

OOoohhh can I join ive done

3 day diet
cabbage soup diet
only fruit before 12
SW
WW
atkins
southbeach
cambridge
lighterlife
adios
slim fast
celebrity slim
paul mc kenna

and a few more I cant think of, gosh my list is pretty extensive Im not sure what was the worst probably the shake ones - yuck!!! Time for a healthy change!!!

Thanks Viva, I think my friend invented that one - didnt work obviously!! Well done on losing 50 lbs - thats great!!!

Wow!
I don't feel so bad after reading this!!
I've done:
2003 WW - Worked and I lost 4 stone in the run up to my wedding but put it all back on when I got pregnant and used that as an excuse to eat for twenty.
2005: WW again with exercise - worked and I lost 2 stone but then went back to work full time and couldn't fit in the exercise.
2006: Lighterlife - worked and I lost 5 stone getting to my target of 10 stone and lightest ever!! Yey! MAintained on and off for 2 years with little bursts of the shakes combined with massive binges! I found it left me with a need to binge which I really hadn't had before...
2010: Heaviest weight ever (17 stone) after the premature birth of my son and subsequent three months eating in the hospital cafe while he got better. Started LL again and lasted 6 weeks with wiifit too(down to 15.5) but found I had zero energy for the exercise and was bingeing again too...
2010: Atkins - lasted 6 weeks but had no money for meat! (Down to 14.5 again!)
2010: Slimming WOrld - lost the first week and then gorged myself on free foods til I resembled a walking piece of fusilli. Gained 3 lbs second week!!
Now: Trying to do it the right way I think. I'm keeping a SW diary online but only doing Original days mixed with healthy balanced eating based on a diet given to me by a personal trainer who I'm seeing once a week.
Managed to do 5 weeks of a 30 minute workout every other day which I'm proud of....13.9 and counting!!!!

Here's my list

1. Chinese diet pills off ebay - Made me lose a lot of weight very quickly, made me feel very jittery and be forever on the toilet, but once I stopped taking them they didn't work again. Plus it was a quick fix not a lifestyle change so I wasn't used to it.
2. Gastric Band Pills - Ok after a week of getting used to them they did make me feel fuller quicker but you still need the will power. Probably nothing that a bit of fibre couldn't do anyway.
3. Zotrim - just completely useless, still have them lurking in my cupboard.
4. Hoodia - Suppose they are good for suppressing the appetite. Just got bored of taking them.
5. Slimming patches - Just found some that I bought years ago. whacked one on yesterday, well you never know lol.
6. Slimfast - What is the point? 217 kcals just to drink a milkshake. You can have an egg on a piece of toast with low kcal spread for that. I know which I prefer.
7. Cayenne pepper in water with lemon juice- Definitely speeds up the metabolism and is very good for you. If you can bear to manage it 3 times a day.
8. Cabbage soup - Well we all know it works but ewwwww and the weight just goes straight back on when you've finished.
9.Skinny water- Suppresses appetite but far to expensive to buy on a regular basis
10. Tava tea - Drinking that at the moment. We shall see lmao..

Just found this old thread and had to join in with it!!

I've tried:
Welsh Weigh
Weight Watchers
Slimming World
Juicing - lasted until around 6pm - needed food!!
Special K (not too successful - I don't like milk!)
Soup (just pretty much eating soup every lunch and dinner time and then a healthy breakfast - needed something quick because was going to a wedding and couldn't fit into my dress and had literally days!!).
Wheat and gluten free (not for me)
Detox (boring!!)
3 day diet.

Good little list there :) I'm sure I'll be able to add to that as the years go by unfortunately! Despite knowing they are just fad diets they always find a way into life for a quick fix!!

this is a brilliant thread!
i tried drinking just carrot juice for a week when i was 14, turned orange my mum took me to see a doctor, she thought i was jundiced.
the cabbage diet- never managed to last one whole day on it!
cambridge diet - ordered it off the internet 11 years ago, no one mentioned anything about ketosis to me so i modified it by having two shakes a day and a big apple, i lasted 4 week on it but then one day had a massive binge and put most of it back on
then i tried several fad diets invented by myself like eating one muller rice pot a day for weeks on end etc. always ending in a binge, i was only young and stupid back then and new nothing about nutrition, im just grateful that i did not do any serious damage to myself
ive pretty much stopped dieting when i moved to england when i was 20,
2 year ago i started calorie counting and im neary at my goal now.
worst diet i would say was my fad diets of starving myself and then having binges, i was very unhappy back then, so never again!

Lozzy Gozzy said:
Oooo I'm liking this thread!

Erm...

* Weight Watchers - I put ON weight!! :rolleyes:
* 3 day diet - I managed a good ol' binge on the very last hour of the 3rd day!
* Soup and fruit only diet - lasted a while... who could honestly just eat soup and fruit forever though?! :p
* Adios tablets - I certainly lost a lot of pounds with this! (about £10 to be precise!!)

Now? I love calorie counting, it's gotten me this far, but I don't know what's happening now... I'm in limbo land where I can't decide what to do...

I'm in limbo to!!! I havnt lost for weeks :( if you use mfp feel free to add me for support babybelle2

oh like most on here have done so many damn diets over the years, did the starvation type like Lipotrim, Exante etc the more sensible ones like WW then did slim fast or as my dad nicknamed it slim slow! ha ha I think for me the worst of all were the starvation type as I was ruddy hungry and could of chewed my own arm off, plus it turned me into a bitter and twisted cow everytime anyone around me ate some food ha ha

My best one is the one I am doing now, its basically no set diet plan as such but healthy eating / calorie counting, its more of a lifestyle change than a diet and its working wonders, I have planned treats and eat healthily the rest of the time, I am seeing a fab weight loss at the moment and am also satisfied food wise which is a bonus!

Em

Where to start
Cup a soup diet..... Too restrictive and i hate cup a soups now because of it
Slimfast..... Always hungry
Atkins.... Made me grumpy,my breath bad and really depressed
Weight watchers .... I did Quite well at the beginning but was regularly hungry and started developing an Eating disorder due to obsessively weighing and counting and i became a recluse as Eating out was a big problem and when i did i would binge and purge (not something im proud of but thought i should share)
Im now on slimming world and for me it works i eat out without worry and enjoy the food im Eating my diet Is now healthy and balanced with a few treats for good measure ive managed to reduce my weight to far less than i ever managed on the other diets and dont feel like ive restricted myself. I love to Cook and this healthy Eating plan Has really got me back into my cooking and i regularly make samples to take to meetings.i rarely have to consult my sw books as it seems to come Naturally to me now i know the basics Im happier than i have ever been and am paving the way with my healthy Eating for my 2 yr old son

Back