old clothes

I have got rid of all my clothes as I have slipped out of them bar one pair of my biggest trousers!
I have been lucky enough to have been given some size 16's from curly so i havent had to buy to much stuff in this size, but will pass them on as soon as they become too big for me. I will never go to being a size 22/24 again,as others said, if my clothes ever start to get tight again when t goal, I will act immediately so it doesn't become an insummountable problem again.

Good luck with throwing yours out too... you will get the courage and clearing out old stuff and unused clutter is a good part of clearing out old bad habits too!x

It must be therapeutic right enough. I just know that I've always regained weight when I've lost it before but diets usually stop working for me. But apparently that doesn't happen on CD so I suppose if I ever found my new (future) clothes getting too tight I could just do CD again. And then I could be slim forever. Hey I'm only just starting week 3, you'd think I was a skinny malinky the way I'm talking.

you are absolutely right to be thinking slim!!!!
thats the new you... no more fat girl talk :D
doesnt matter if if you have a way wo go think you who want to be..
x

Yeah, you're right! Think I'll keep a bin bag and everytime somethings too big pop it in and when the bag's full give it away!

I am not keeping mine - I think it gives your mind the wrong message..(I can still get into these pants so my weight gain is fine..).
Question though - how do you offer your too big clothes to a friend without offending them? x

Hmm, maybe bring it up in a conversation, and casually letting her know that you are clearing out your wardrobe of clothes that have gotten to big, and you are giving away to charity. Then she might ask if she could have a look. Or ask her what she thinks you should do with the clothes.

I am planning to get rid of my clothes once they get to big. One size at the time :).

I gained weight after doing WW, and thats the weight I am taking off now with CD. I swore that I wouldn't gain weight again, and then I broke that promise to myself. I am confident that I wont do it this time though. I learned the lesson when I though "I am slim, now I don't have to worry about what I eat", what a mistake! Well, I have beaten myself up enough about it. Time to move on :D.

I'll try to buy a minimum of clothes during the time I loose weight, and then save up to buy a wonderful wardrobe at the end :D. Can't wait!

I get shot of them.

The way I look at it, I'm never going to fit into them again anyway :D

I ebay some
I charity shop some
I donate some to womens refuge.

Every time I tried some of my old clothes on and they didn't fit, I put them into a pile of either Charity or Dress Agency (if they were of good quality).
I went shopping at the weekend and bought a few things to get me through but didn't spend a fortune. Was pleasantly surprised at being able to fit into size 12 though. Still getting used to seeing a different person in the mirror - bizarre!
When I started this diet I swore it was going to be for life. I've lost weight before only to put it all back on so this time it's going for good and CD is going to change the way I look and eat for life. I'm determined I'm not going to get to my sixties and be struggling with my weight!
Keep up the good work girls.
Dotty x

This morning I had my first 'I can't wear this - it's too big' experience! Weird, as (after losing so much weight in my first fortnight) for some reason I didn't expect that the clothes would cease to fit and fall off!?! :confused:

I have (proudly!) put those trousers to one side and intend to keep that pair, as they will be my reminder and (hopefully) my motivation to never get into them again
. I now have to consider what I'll do with all the other clothes that will follow. Current instinct is to ditch them immediately - hanging on to them (even with the intention of giving away to charity) kind of ties me to the past shape, and I'm not sure that's a good thing.

I am so excited - I cant wait for the 'this is too big for me now' - as I have SO much to loose this will come later - still enjoying the looser waitsbands!!

I have just given 2 huge bags full to my stepmum who is doing WW but is bigger than me :D

I had a pile of big clothes sitting in my room and then a collection bag for shelter came in the other day so they're being collected tomorrow!

Current instinct is to ditch them immediately - hanging on to them (even with the intention of giving away to charity) kind of ties me to the past shape, and I'm not sure that's a good thing.
That's exactly how you should think - as a procrastinating ADD sufferer, I know exactly how hard it is to get rid of stuff! I did try to keep some stuff (for 'altering' - yeah, right) but ended up chucking out the lot. It's done wonders for my mental state! :)

i kept mine for quite a while but i'm now moving and leaving England, have way too much crap anyway, and had to get rid of all my clothes that i don't wear anymore. i wanted to sell them, but am way too lazy to do all the sending and packing and stuff, so i thought i might give it to Oxfam or smth:) will see. i would like to keep some of them, especially a pair of size 22 trousers that i wanted to make into a skirt, but i just don't have the space in my suitcase:|

Back