Old Timers and Corned Beef

My consultant also said that it what is added into corned beef that makes it no longer free and that Sliiming World likes to follow government guidelines i,e low salt and stuff, and corned beef is quite high on salt content. She told us if we wanted to have it then do so and see how it goes, but i haven't. xxx

hi im new to this web site...but am very interested in slimming world..corn beef quiche was awesome and very filling..i have an idea if you still want a quiche idea though,how about a layer of bacon in a flan case,then the filling can be up to you..my mum made it the other day and it was delicious and best of all it was totally free on a meat day.......

corned beef is no longer free i am an ex SW years ago and recently restarted and made the corned beef quiche to find it want free but if you buy sliced corned beef from sainsburys its 8 syns for the whole packet so i had the quiche over 2 days and still lost 15.5lbs in first week !!!!

I've noticed a few of you have mentioned corned beef quiche and bacon quiche-does anyone have a recipe? my dad gets me to make him a few proper quiches every week and i'm really missing eating them(far too many syns) so would like to try something new!

The corned beef quiche used to be free but you now need to count the syns.

Just mash up a tin of corned beef, mix through i tub of cottage cheese and add 6 (i think) beaten eggs.

Pop in the oven for about 20 mins i think.

Maybe someone will correct me if i'm wrong, but i haven't made it since 2003

So how many sins is a kebab? Chicken and / or meat? And didn't there used to be smash in the bottom of the quiche???

The corned beef quiche used to be free but you now need to count the syns.

Just mash up a tin of corned beef, mix through i tub of cottage cheese and add 6 (i think) beaten eggs.

Pop in the oven for about 20 mins i think.

Maybe someone will correct me if i'm wrong, but i haven't made it since 2003

thanks i'll be giving this a try next week!

gorgeous quiche!!

Hi all,this is what I do for quiche and I lose every week!

Basic Quiche

3 eggs,tub of very low fat cottage cheese,salt and pepper.lean bacon,onions,mixed herbs.fresh tomato.

Fry off chopped bacon and onion,add s&p,herbs.Put in bottom of flan tin lined with foil.
Beat eggs with cottage cheese,pour over bacon,cook on medium heat middle of oven 15 mins,take back out to put sliced toms on top pop back in till firm on top and golden.
Serve with a big salad/veg some new potatoes.(syn your spuds)
you can eat half for lunch,rest for your tea.or the lot in one go if you cant resist!

Also do salmon and brocolli,ham and mushroom,leek and cheese(1a box),turkey and cranberry(for xmas),gammon and pineapple.whatever you like thats free with the egg mix to hold it together.The family wont be able to resist either! Maz

Basic Quiche

3 eggs,tub of very low fat cottage cheese,salt and pepper.lean bacon,onions,mixed herbs.fresh tomato.

This sounds lovely, must give it a try

Basic Quiche

Fry off chopped bacon and onion,add s&p,herbs.Put in bottom of flan tin lined with foil.
Beat eggs with cottage cheese,pour over bacon,cook on medium heat middle of oven 15 mins,take back out to put sliced toms on top pop back in till firm on top and golden.
Serve with a big salad/veg some new potatoes.(syn your spuds)
you can eat half for lunch,rest for your tea.or the lot in one go if you cant resist!

Also do salmon and brocolli,ham and mushroom,leek and cheese(1a box),turkey and cranberry(for xmas),gammon and pineapple.whatever you like thats free with the egg mix to hold it together.The family wont be able to resist either! Maz

mmm thankyou for the recipe I'll be having a few red days next week...i love quiche!

I'm liking this idea VS - but just a quick question....would you bake the bacon off first, before filling with the egg mixture?

hi theres different ways of doing it, you can bake it off 1st if you have time but i know it works just as well if you leave the bacon raw...another idea is using tins of tuna as a base and then making the quiche that way..hope this is helpful:party0011:

i make chicken and bacon quiche

here goes
cooked chix and bacon on bottom of dish
chopped onion on top with salt & pepper
1 tub cottage cheese and 4 eggs mixed and poured over top
bake for 30 mins or until set and golden

delicious

that would have been good lol i bought some corned beef thinking it was free but I guess 3.5 syns for 100g not bad at all

Back