OMG Atkins bar causing intestinal pain :-(

ButtonsTheSuperCat

Silver Member
Have been on a meal replacement vlcd for almost a week. Decided to trade a shake for a chocolate Atkins bar (wasn't even that tasty but was heavy so thought it might at least be satisfying) and now my intestines feel like they're in a vice grip :-( Had to drink several large glasses of water just to wash it down, and two more since - now the pain is easing but I won't be making that mistake again!

I did same thing when I was following Cambridge. Big mistake!! The Atkins bars are so artificial tasting. Yuk :-( feel your pain! Xxxx

I think they contain maltitol which always gives me stomach cramps too. It is sometimes in sugar free sweets, and I once ate a few sugar free caramels and had the worst cramps and diarrhea in my whole life. Not quite the weight loss experience I was aiming for. But I find that I can't tolerate the sugar alcohols that make up maltitol without extreme gastric problems. It's a shame because I totally get the yearning for something substantial to fill your rum, that's exactly why I bought them too. X

I had two once in the space of two hours (being the pig that I am lol) and I was so poorly. Sweats, stomach cramps, loose stools like water... I had to take to my bed for two hours. Atkins bars? Never again.

I've had a couple of biggest loser bars, they're really yummy, and have real chocolate on!

Don't know what it was samm, but it definitely wasn't a dairy issue, our youngest has that problem so we're used to what all that entails. I wondered if it was the form of protein, not a pleasant ingredient - something about collagen?! Can't quite remember but it sounded not at all nice or healthy.

Back