Refeeding after Lipotrim Total Food Replacement Without Excessive Weight Regain

Mini

Administrator
Staff member
LIPOTRIM PHARMACY PROGRAMME.

Refeeding after Lipotrim Total Food Replacement without Excessive Weight Regain.

Preventing unnecessary weight gain after dieting...

Remember, under non-dieting the primary source of fuel that the body uses for energy is its blood sugar. When the blood sugar supply gets low the body has reserves of sugar which are stored as a complex molecule called glycogen. Glycogen is stored in the body bound to a great deal of water. When we change the amount of glycogen in the body we also change the amount of water. Glycogen and water are heavy. Changes will affect our weight a great deal and in a very short timespan. After dieting the body will again need glycogen and it will be restored with the reintroduction of food. A few simple facts about glycogen will help you to understand how to prevent a great deal of unnecessary weight regain after total food replacement.

1. Glycogen is made of sugar and that is, therefore, a carbohydrate. A pound of glycogen is worth about 1800 Calories. 1800 Calories deficit in the daily intake can use up a pound of glycogen from storage

2. Glycogen is stored with about 4 parts of water for each part of glycogen. This means that a pound of glycogen may hold an additional 4 pounds of water. 1800 Calories of Calorie deficit in the food eaten can cause a 5 pound weight loss. Compare that with the real need for fat loss. The same 1800 Calorie deficit will only use up 1/2 pound of fat.

3.Glycogen is stored in the liver, muscles and fat cells of the body. The amount we can store can vary depending upon what we eat and how much we use our muscles. Recent research suggests that some people may store as much as a kilogram of glycogen that can be mobilised in the first few days using a vlcd diet. This could mean that such a person could lose almost a stone in weight during the first few days of dieting and not yet have burned any fat.

4. Glycogen is used up and replaced as a matter of course all the time. Think of the glycogen stores the way you think of a kitchen jug that contains sugar. When the levels get low it is easy to fill it up. Daily activities of living and sleeping use glycogen up. Eating fills glycogen stores back up, every day.

5. It is possible to overfill the glycogen stores so that they contain more than the normal levels. Athletes do this and call it carbohydrate loading. Athletes stop eating carbohydrate to deplete their glycogen stores and then feast on carbohydrates. This gives them a larger reserve tank of ready fuel for endurance exercises, such as marathon running. If we eat a lot of carbohydrate foods right after dieting we will accomplish the same thing - extra glycogen that we will not burn up in a few hours of exercise; a lot of extra water that will stay as long as the glycogen (until the next diet or marathon type exercise); extra weight on the scales that cannot be distinguished from fat, makes you depressed and inclined to eat in despair. Totally unnecessary.

6. If carbohydrate foods are reintroduced gradually and in the right sequence over a period of days, the glycogen will return to a normal and modest level without unnecessary weight gain.

Carbohydrate foods include: vegetables, potato, cereal, breads, pasta/rice and fruits. There are carbohydrate foods containing a lot of simple sugars - such as fruit - and those we term 'complex', such as most vegetables.

These will form the bulk (60%) of your long term change to healthy eating buy need to be controlled during refeeding and afterwards for those who have had an insulin resistance problem.

The plan for Refeeding applies to both men and women...
Refeeding

Keep these points in mind:

First day after Total Food Replacement is high protein.

Second day is high protein, modest complex carbohydrate - low fat.

Third day is high protein, modest compels carbohydrate with some cereals - low fat.

Fourth day is high protein, high complex carbohydrate, modest cereals, fruit and other simple sugars - low fat.

The rest of your life is low fat and weight under control.

Lipotrin Refeeding:

The first step in weight management is bridging the gap between Total Food Replacement (TFR) and, so called, "real food". Directly following TFR we are going to guide you through a slow and gradual refeeding process. There are two reasons for the refeeding strategy:

1. You have lost a considerable amount of body fat during your Lipotrim regime, but you have also depleted your glycogen stores, along with their attending water. If you jump directly from TFR into a high carbohydrate meal, your glycogen and water stores will fill up excessively, causing an immediate weight gain that may be as much as 7-10 pounds. This is not a fat gain - it is a fluid gain - but is demoralizing, nonetheless. That is why the transition plan introduces carbohydrate in a controlled way, so that such a weight retain should not occur.

2. During your TFR regime, you ate nothing in addition to your Lipotrim servings very day and drank enough water to float a small tanker. During this time, your palate, used to a steady diet of salty, fatty, oily and sugary foods, has had an enforced rest.

Something very interesting has happened during the rest: your tastebuds, reprieved from a fat/salt/sugar entrapment, have undergone a purification. This palate retraining is one of the most profound results of your TFR regime. Do not throw this perception away by eating your way into the same old problem foods again, just because you used to like them. Changes have to be made to your previous eating behaviour and now is the time to take positive action.

The plan (applies to both men and women).....

Follow exactly - do not add extras and, more importantly, do not miss out any steps. You may have milk in your tea and coffee, if required, and you can now have diet drinks again. Avoid fruit juices (simple sugars) until the end of the week. No alcohol.

Try to drink plenty of water. Most people do not drink adequate water and now you are in the habit, stick with it. At least 2 litres per day.

Menu for days 1 to 3.....

DAY 1

Breakfast 1 x Lipotrim serving or Maintenance Formula

Lunch 1 x Lipotrim serving or Maintenance Formula

Dinner 4-6ozs of skinless, boneless chicken or turkey breast or white fish fillet, or tuna fish in brine. This can be steamed, microwaved, or baked or cooked with a little water in a non-stick pan seasoned with salt & pepper. Vegetarians may use tofu or quorn.

You can have a moderate serving of salad (small breakfast bowl) from any of the following: lettuce, cucumber, cress & watercress, tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, peppers, beansprouts, celery, dressed with a little lemon or lime juice, or wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar.

OR you can have 2 heaped tablespoons of cooked green vegetables - NO MORE

Important: You must not eat bread, potato, grains (rice), pasta, fruit. No alcohol, no fruit juice.

DAY 2

Lunch Small meal as above dinner suggestion in Day 1
Dinner Small meal as above dinner suggestion in Day 1

Important: You must NOT eat bread, potato, grains (rice), pasta, fruit. No alcohol, no fruit juice.

Day 3

Lunch Small meal as above dinner suggestion in Day 1
Dinner Small meal as above dinner suggestion in Day 1

Same as Day 2, but you may also have - at one meal only - an 8 ounce potato, plain boiled, mashed or baked, but with no addition of any fat. You may like to top with some skimmed milk, plain yogurt or very low fat fromage frais and a sprinkle of herbs.

Important: You must NOT eat bread, grains (rice), pasta, fruit. No alcohol, no fruit juice.

Days 4 - 7 Each day have......

A Lipotrim serving or Maintenance Formula for your breakfast plus
- up to 3 small serving of fruit (if you suffer from the insulin resistance problem, then eat these late in the day and do not snack on them during the day)
- up to 2 slices of bread OR 1 pita OR 1 roll OR 1 bagel (without fatty spread)
- any vegetables you want except avocado, 1 or 2 servings with your meals (2 tablespoons per serving)
- any of the skimmed milk products
- fish fillet (any size) or 6 ounces of chicken or turkey, as described before, or one tin of tuna in the water or brine, drained. Vegetarians may use tofu, textured vegetable protein (TVP) or quorn
- lean meat with all visible fat trimmed off
- low fat recipes prepared with low fat sauces - e.g. lean mince with tomato bolognese sauce
- medium baking potato or 6 small new potatoes or one serving of instant mashed potatoes (the kind with no added fat - read label). Instead of potato, you have 4ozs of rice or pasta (cooked weight).

The day's 4-7 schedules may be continued for several weeks - especially if you have lost a lot of weight - 5/6 stones or more - as you will need time to adjust to a different eating behaviour and quantities. Check your weight every week at the pharmacy; if it is going up, then action must be taken to address the types and quantities of food eaten. The Maintenance food products are advised during this time to add extra control whilst adjusting to your new eating behaviour. After week 1 use the Maintenance Formulas rather than the diet Formulas.

Example menu for days 4-7......
Breakfast Lipotrim serving or Maintenance Formula
Lunch Fish fillet (any type - cod, salmon etc), serving of potatoes (1medium jacket or 6 new potatoes or a serving-spoon of mash - no added fat), carrots, 2 tablespoons of broccoli (or any other vegetable). Yoghurt (low fat).

Dinner 4-6 ozs skinless, boneless chicken or turkey breast, jacket potato, bowl of salad. Fruit (if appropriate, see below) or low fat dessert.

Snack of Evening Below are suggested healthy low fat foods for snack or evening. If you have been more than 2 stone overweight you should only eat the three meals suggested above. Avoid these snacks and just eat by the clock.

Sandwich (no spread of any sort), consisting of: pickles, fat-free mayonnaise, salad/carrot, slice cold meat (low fat).

Up to 3 small pieces of fruit, preferably in the evening. If you suffer from the insulin resistance problem, then eat these late in the day and do not snack on them during the day.

Important: No alcohol.

Example menu for days 4-7......

Breakfast Lipotrim serving or Maintenance Formula
Lunch Sandwich (no spread) - any low fat filling, e.g. tuna. Bowl of salad. 2 pieces of fruit (fi appropriate or low fat yoghurt.

Dinner Spaghetti Bolognese, consisting of: drained lean mince, low fat sauce, 4 ozs cooked spaghetti, serving spoon of vegetables. Low fat dessert.

Snack or Evening Tub of very low fat fromage fraise with either slices of fruit, or low fat jelly crystals, or low fat yoghurt.

or

Maintenance range - Orange Creme, Chocolate Whip, Cream of Vegetable Soup, Summer Fruits or a Caramel Bar (see leaflet)

Important: No alcohol.

The main point to understand in following the plan is not to have an any added fat in your food or in its preparation.

There is more than adequate fat for daily requirements naturally occurring in a diet chosen from a wide range of foods. There is no benefit to adding fat in preparation - only weight back on.

MAINTENANCE AFTER REFEEDING.

The failure of all diets has, in the past been maintenance. Regardless of the methods of weight loss, more than 95 people out of every 100 who managed to lose some weight have put it all back by the end of one year.

By five years, it was hard to find anyone who had kept their weight off.

The failure of weight maintenance is largely due to the over reliance on 3 rather ineffectual means of weight control.

These are:

(1.) exercise, (2) portion control and (3) Calorie counting.

By now you should all understand the limitations of each of these strategies.

Exercise cannot cope with a large enough excess of Calories.
Portion control and overall food restriction trigger primitive hunger instincts and lead to out of control eating.
Therefore, weight maintenance fails.

One of the reasons that people find weight maintenance so difficult is that, in serious overweight, more than one problem may exist at the same time.

Most people now appreciate the fact that, in order to resist weight regain, it is important to avoid as much unnecessary fat in the diet as possible.

This simple message remains true, despite the sometimes confusing messages about fat that are presented in the media.

Remember the simple statement - Fat Makes You Fat..

Some of the confusion is caused by the commercial needs of the edible fats industry. This is a very large wealthy industry which loses income when people avoid eating its products.

Other causes of confusion relate to the differences between saturated and unsaturated fats.

There may well be health implications associated with the balance between saturated and unsaturated fats in our food intake. BUT, the effect on our Weight is exactly the same whether we eat animal fat, fish fat, olive fat. Vegetable fat or any other fat - saturated, mono-unsaturated or poly unsaturated. FAT makes you FAT.

After refeeding there are two alternatives:

1.After refeeding, begin by replacing any 7 meals per week with Maintenance Formulas or caramel bars

This permits you to remain in control of your total weekly caloric intake.

3. After 7 days, you need to return to the pharmacy to be weighed:

a. if your weight has remained stable, continue in this manner;
b. if your weight continues to drop, reduce the Maintenance Formulas to 6 for the next 1 or 2 weeks - repeat the sequence, substituting one traditional meal for a Formula until your weight remains stable;
c. If your weight increases, then you must replace meals. Replace 9 meals with Formula for 2 weeks. If still not stable, substitute for 11 meals.

Find your appropriate level of Maintenance Formulas for weight stability. Then make sure that you attend the pharmacy once a month for a check. Always adjust your schedule to previous month's weight stability.

4. Maintenance Foods as a regular part of daily eating:

The range of nutritious, low Calorie, high soluble fibre foods, available can be a valuable way to assure you continue receiving all the essential nutrients your body requires. This gives you the freedom to eat foods you enjoy without having to be concerned over details such as whether you have had enough selenium today, for example. It will also help you keep control your weight long after weight loss. (ask your pharmacist for details).

Source: Lipotrim

Last edited:
I feel a lot better now i have read this, great info! I have to say maintenance sounds good, having as many shaks your body requires to keep weight stable. Just hope my body doesn't requite too many.

I have to say though my pharmacy don't seem that proffesional that they would do a good re-feeding programme, Will all pharmicists do one? supposeicchange anyway.

Thanks x

hey mate

Its all good info ive been on this for a week struggled for a couple of days but am into the swing now i lost 12 lb this week

how good is that !!!:D

I'm scared of putting it all back on!!!

I've just read the refeeding info above. Does this mean for the rest of my life I need to replace one meal with a Lipotrin formula?? Is there anyone out there who has successfully lost weight with Liptrim and have kept it off?? I am shortly to begin refeeding having got down to my target and I'm terrified of putting it all back on. I feel so great having lost weight I've had for years, I feel 10 years younger and have "refound" my slim wardrobe from years ago.....some of the things are fashionable again!!! LOL. I would appreciate some encouragment from someone who has successfully kept it off.....a some tips too!!!!

hi,
yeah i agree with kriss,
id love to know the answer!
i thought it was a simple 'refeed week' and then back to normal - obviously healthy- eating......this thread seems to suggest a much longer journey to eating "normally"
will look forward to hearing the reality!
fran

re-feeding so far so good!!!

;) Hi! Well I've been re feeding for about 2 weeks now. Actually lost a couple of pounds at the beginning and have now stayed the same for 7 days!! Eating sensibly, small portions....which actually fill me up!! will update in a couple more weeks.
PS It's lovely chewing again!!!!! LOL:)
Don't know how to update my TickerFactory thingy!!!

Last edited:
Well done Kriss, i am on refeed day 4 today and loking forward to some bread!! I have lost 3lb this week already. I think you're right its about portions and basically not adding any fat to anything! Im optimistic..good luck hun keep us updated xx

Put on 2lbs but ok

Hello everyone, I'm also refeeding as well this week, ive been so busy havent had that much time to read the threads and make comments, but this week of refeed hasnt been too bad, even though its the totm. I had that same fear of putting the weight back on, but as long as we follow the refeeding plan and get the balance we should be ok. I weighed my self and it looks like ive put on 2lbs but i believe this is due to water retention from totm, next week will be a better time for me to comment on the weight gain. But I'm not down just looking forward to getting a balance and being healthy.:D We've worked to hard to get to where we are, we can be normal again. This is long....... will keep you updated.

Glad its going well Sola im actually really enjoying refeed as im learning to cook at the same time (i know 25 but spoilt!) I actually went to the fishmongers yesterday bought the fish and then actually cooked it myself lol I wouldnt look at fish before let alone anything else. Let us know how you get on hun xxx

i know what you mean about fish, I'm not normally a fish person but I had fish the other wit a jacket potato and it was delicious. Its funny i don't crave for junk food, just really healthy food!!! I hope this momentum continues.

Yeah exactly the same here sola, i wasnt even tempted by chocolate today xxx

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!! :):):):) Have finished the stipulated time for introducing food and have stayed the same after losing a couple of pounds at the beginning of refeeding. Went out for lunch yesterday and they had cooked stew!! Had a small portion (which was delicious!!) and a couple of glasses of wine an have stayed the same!!!!! Was dreading getting on the scales!! So I really do think it's portions portions portions!!! Gonna go back on the salad / chicken today just to be on the safe side. I am normally a chocolholic and I truly haven't fancied chocolate at all - I'm like you sola - only fancying good healthy food!!!
Keep up the good work everyone!!!! :):)

I've been on Lipotrim for 8 weeks now and have gone from 19 stone 2.5 lb to 15 stone 12.8 lb, my BMI has gone from 41.2 to 33.8 :D... Sadly I am also getting fed up :eek:

I have 6 days off at May Day and want to refeed then and try replacing one meal a day with a shake / maintenance thing.

Does that sound OK? Does anyone have any tips for me please?

Hi scribble, refeeding includes 1 shake every morning and 2 very strict meals. I have really enjoyed refeeding! They say if you have lost more than 5 stone you should do th refeed programme for a few weeks..i did 2 weeks and still lost some weight.
Have you ordered the maintenance food samples? If not you should because then you need to order the ones you like and in bulk!! As you can see from my very first post at the top, i was really worried about refeeding but it has gone great for me so you should be great!
Good luck hun and let us know xxx

Tracey
what are the maintenance food samples?? I am even more confused now.
Hope you can help
sabina x

Lipotrim Weight Management Foods...Come in milkshakes, soups, desserts and bars.

Chocolate Whip Dessert Mix.

Orange Creme Drink Mix.

Cream of Vegetable Soup Mix.

Summer Fruits Drink Mix.

Caramel Flavoured Bar.

You can get a little booklet in your Pharmacy about them or write to Lipotrim [email protected] and they will send you out some free samples to try.

You can buy them in the Pharmacy as you want as they don't come under the strict Control of Lipotrim TFR.

thanks mini that clarifies things a little, but what else do you consume while on maintenance? i am going to be asking that pharmacist of mine lots of questions....lol.

Maintenance is basically maintaining your weight! I just eat very healthily and im maintaining, you can use the samples to replace some meals too if you want to xx

Back