OMG Disaster!

Bunnyg

Determined
Oh my god, I am trying now to eat my last shake of the day, but it's an absolute disaster I am struggling!!

I tried to make another mousse and thought if I stirred it half way through it might be more moussey than blancmange! But now it's just like a big gloopy, lumpy yukky cold thing - difficult to describe but it's disgusting! I have to eat it and have about half left - argghhh!!

:(

Oh, poor you :( Sounds horrible. Have you got a spare shake?

That was with vegegel, wasn't it? I know it doesn't work quite the same way as gelatine (cos I read the packet when I was in Tesco the other day :)) but surely there must be someone here who's made it work?

Calling all veggies...

Okay, I've been doing some research. :)

I looked up some recipes for ordinary mousses (i.e., not CD ones) on the web and found a link to a chocolate mousse recipe, where the poster said

Substitutes: I use vege-gel instead of gelatine. I ignore what it says on the packet! I use a quarter of a sachet of the vegegel and add it to a little cold water. Stir until dissolved and then stir it into the... mixture.

It was for roughly the same quantity of liquid, 150ml, so it sounds like it might be worth a shot. Although you're probably getting a bit fed up with the whole idea by now...

The other thing I was wondering was whether you were blending it for long enough? You need to whizz it for around a minute to get lots of lovely air bubbles in. Might make the difference. Or it might not :)

How about a lovely muffin instead? :)

Thanks Lily - I could have had one spare pack, but I didn't want to waste it, so downed it in the end! It was vile and made me gag, but I got there in the end! I might try that suggestion though, thanks - one last attempt! I have whisked it quite a bit but not a minute I don't think, so will give that a go too! If that doesn't work, will just be making jellies with my water flavourings! x

Back