OMG Disaster!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Bunnyg, 16 August 2008 Social URL.

1. Bunnyg

Bunnyg Determined

Oh my god, I am trying now to eat my last shake of the day, but it's an absolute disaster I am struggling!!

I tried to make another mousse and thought if I stirred it half way through it might be more moussey than blancmange! But now it's just like a big gloopy, lumpy yukky cold thing - difficult to describe but it's disgusting! I have to eat it and have about half left - argghhh!!

:(

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Lily

Lily Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st11.0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(6.38%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    Oh, poor you :( Sounds horrible. Have you got a spare shake?

That was with vegegel, wasn't it? I know it doesn't work quite the same way as gelatine (cos I read the packet when I was in Tesco the other day :)) but surely there must be someone here who's made it work?

Calling all veggies...

4. Lily

Lily Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st11.0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(6.38%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    Okay, I've been doing some research. :)

I looked up some recipes for ordinary mousses (i.e., not CD ones) on the web and found a link to a chocolate mousse recipe, where the poster said

It was for roughly the same quantity of liquid, 150ml, so it sounds like it might be worth a shot. Although you're probably getting a bit fed up with the whole idea by now...

The other thing I was wondering was whether you were blending it for long enough? You need to whizz it for around a minute to get lots of lovely air bubbles in. Might make the difference. Or it might not :)

How about a lovely muffin instead? :)

5. Bunnyg

Bunnyg Determined

Thanks Lily - I could have had one spare pack, but I didn't want to waste it, so downed it in the end! It was vile and made me gag, but I got there in the end! I might try that suggestion though, thanks - one last attempt! I have whisked it quite a bit but not a minute I don't think, so will give that a go too! If that doesn't work, will just be making jellies with my water flavourings! x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.