OMG - Frozen Tetra's

wow am so going to try this ..i think its great when someone comes ip with this kind of thing as new tastes makes this journey so much more bearable

so are we saying 3 and a half hours ???? lol

Frozen tetras are GREAT! :D Left my chocolate one for 7 hours in total - just set through, firmly set at the outside. Absolutely scrumptious!

As luck would have it, I did have time to also try
BubblyPenguin's accompaniment suggestion of jelly - summer berry jelly to be precise. Wasn't keen on the 'white blancmange' look as I was blending it up so added the merest hint of ruby concentrated gel food colouring to make a very pretty pale pink, fluffy blancmange textured jelly. Mmmmmmmm! :D Makes a lot from just 150ml water, so some is left for tomorrow too.

Yup! I have 2 bowls left over from yesterday! technically I could eat them both tonight and still be within my allowance! Gonna try the strawberry tetra as ice-cream tonight- been in freezer since yesterday eek !

Oh and can't take the credit for this I'm afraid - my CDC suggested the jelly, then scrolled through the recipes section here to find the right recipe :D

I followed the 150ml directions on the mix-a-mousse container, even though there was no food pack - mainly because I wanted a firm set and a quantity I know fits in a specific ramekin. Could only eat half of it - light but filling!

May try more water and a 'wobblier' jelly... and orange flavour next time! The gel colour I added really helped, psychologically :) (easily pleased!)

Back