OMG...guess what was on my bird table?

devonbabe

Silver Member
there i was drinking my coffe, gazing out of the kitchen window at 7am this morning watching a squirrel nicking the bird food. when to my HORROR i realised it was a flipping RAT!

ive got some sweet peas growing up a metal obilisk thing about 6 foot tall positioned half way down the garden.

yesterday i put a little tray with some scraps on it half way up, for the birdies to eat.

today there is a big fat rat sitting in the tray having his breakfast !!

OMG if i had a gun i could have had the bugger!

me thinks i better get some rat killer and put out there tonight

OMG Jo thats not nice......
for a minute I thought you were going to say it was me nicking the food.....rofl......
Will email you later as the weekend of the 29th will be going to visit bro and was thinking tetras......!!!!

You are never more than 50 yds from a rat!! True!!

I remember years ago I had bird table at end of my garden, we back on to railway embankment. I put some scraps of meat out and was washing up when I looked down the garden a family of rats were going up and down taking the bits:eek:

On another occasion had bowl of water outside for my dog, again family of rats were in and out of that too drinking and having a bath:eek:

Contact your council that should provide the ratcatcher and it will be done safely. If you just lay down poison any wild critter might go for it:cry:

Rat traps are also banned as cats can get their paws caught in them:cry:

You could always get a pipe and become the pied piper of Devon:rotflmao:

Best not to corner a rat though, it is often said they will jump for the throat, they aren't really just trying to jump over your shoulder to get away.

Seriously though they carry a nasty disease and should be avoided as much as possible.

thing is ...there i was going 'ohhhh ....ahhhh......look how cute...a squidgel......then my face dropped :( its a fooking rat!!

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

S'OK i got em ere..
whens the 29th?....oh thats the week after next...

Yes not this weekend but the one after so will pick up some on monday !

i was looking for his cute fluffy tail...then realised he diddnt have one

OMG that is soooo funny.....I would keep your kitchen door shut then....or you may mistake one for your cat....rofl

last summer had the house gutted. every room was ripped to shreds , the floors were up the ceilings were down the walls were removed and for a while we were sleeping in the dining room, washing in the kitchen sink, peeing in a bucket and eating in the garden.

one night i woke in the night to a high pitched scream. me and hubby both shot up in bed, to find Tango had a rat corned. i dont know who was screeching Tango or the rat. anyway, it dissapeared under the forrboards and hubby spent the rest of the night stabbing through the open floorboards with a carving knife trying to kill it

I on the other hand picked up the duvet, went out of the house around the back and went back to sleep in the conservaory on the sofa and left them to it. rat /cat and mad husband

Got a really horrible rat story!!!!!!!!!

Woke up one night and could hear a splashing sounds from the bathroom. We were renovating the bathroom and so I assumed that something was leaking. Drowsily walked into the bathroom but couldnt locate the source of the leak.

As I slowly woke up further I realised that the splashing was coming from the loo :eek::eek::eek:. Looked down the bowl and there he was - a ruddy rat trying to jump OUT of the loo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arghrghrghrghrghrgrhrghrghrgrhgrhghrghrghhhhh:eek::eek:

Slammed the loo seat down, screamed, got the yellow pages and put it on top of the loo seat (think I thought it was the arnie of rats!!!)

Woke up my then husband. Ant - Ant there's are rat down our toilet!!!!!!

Classic man get-out of doing anything nasty ensued - 'Sorry love cant do anything becase I havent got my lenses in'

F**ker:mad:

So flushed the loo - and he was still there - flushed again and thank god he went away!!!!!

Worse thing is this was an upstairs bathroom - little bugger climbed UP the soil pipe.

To thyis day I NEVER sit on the loo without looking down it first and I always put the light on.

Tasha:D

how much did it weigh jo??

I remember watching a TV programme about rats coming out of the loo .... and for ages afterwards i use to make my (ex)husband come with me just to check the loo first! Even now i won't use a downstairs loo unless I have to!

Got a really horrible rat story!!!!!!!!!

Woke up one night and could hear a splashing sounds from the bathroom. We were renovating the bathroom and so I assumed that something was leaking. Drowsily walked into the bathroom but couldnt locate the source of the leak.

As I slowly woke up further I realised that the splashing was coming from the loo :eek::eek::eek:. Looked down the bowl and there he was - a ruddy rat trying to jump OUT of the loo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arghrghrghrghrghrgrhrghrghrgrhgrhghrghrghhhhh:eek::eek:

Slammed the loo seat down, screamed, got the yellow pages and put it on top of the loo seat (think I thought it was the arnie of rats!!!)

Woke up my then husband. Ant - Ant there's are rat down our toilet!!!!!!

Classic man get-out of doing anything nasty ensued - 'Sorry love cant do anything becase I havent got my lenses in'

F**ker:mad:

So flushed the loo - and he was still there - flushed again and thank god he went away!!!!!

Worse thing is this was an upstairs bathroom - little bugger climbed UP the soil pipe.

To thyis day I NEVER sit on the loo without looking down it first and I always put the light on.

Tasha:D

I'm never going to toilet again! :eek:

Poor little ratty!
Where on earth do all of you live to come across these 'killer rats'?!!
I dont recall having ever seen a real live rat, and I live in country bumkinsville!
Ceri

Back