OMG I NEED HELP!!!!!!

Kyzi

I feel like im about to die!! Im full of man flu and ive now lost my voice! I dont want to go off plan and i know that the minute i start on the medicine and lozenges i been on my way down that well known creek without a paddle and no chance of making my way back! Does anyone know of any low syn/free stuff i can have to help me survive the night....

Thank you :sick:

Have you tried hot lemon and honey with sweetener. Honey is syns but not many, you will be fine. Make up great big batch of syn free soup tomorrow and try and stick with Green days as you need starchy foods like jacket potatos and pasta to keep your strength.

I would honestly say if you can spend 30 minutes in the kitchen, make some syn free soup, it works wonders with colds/flu ( I had a bad flu last week, just about over it now) but had soups for lunch and another cup during the day here and there to help boost immunity.

My Faves: Butternut squash, leek and spinach (packed full of iron)
Carrot and Coriander
Leek, Potato and Bacon

Not ideally going to help you this moment but if you have it in the fridge leftover from lunch time you can warm yourself a nice mugful in the evening and enjoy its comforting goodness xx Hope you feel better soon hun :)

Lemsip (.5 Syns) and magic elves (3.5 Syns) worked wonders on my man flu.
Bit of good old warming comfort food like roast parsnips and veggies too. The sw way of course!

I know how you feel as I've been the same this week. Totally lost the plot then forced myself back on track yesterday for some damage limitation before weigh in on Monday!!!!

Soup is a fab idea if you can be bothered to make it - have had my soup mix soaking overnight and off out this morning to buy ham joint and veggies for broth. A bit of an effort but will be so worth it.

Hope you feel better soon hun xxx

Aww thank you all!!! I think im going to dose myself on the lemsip, honey and lemon and soup. I may have to get my oh to make me soup! Love the sound of the spinach and leek muso mama!!!!

if you dont want to syn the honey,or not so much honey see how hot lemon squash helps! i was like this last week and just kept on doing that...drink after drink!
it soothed,the hot drinky cuddling and of course drinking kept me warmer and it keeps the fluids up.

the idea of doing a big pan of soup if you are up to it is a brilliant idea too......quick to grab if you can manage something and oh so good for you.

If not feeling well but able to get to shop I sometimes cheat making stew by using tinned carrots tinned stewing steak and only cooking chopped onions in frylite and adding the tinned ingrediants and adding roughly chopped cooked potato chunks by microwaving baked potatoes and when cooked peeling and chopping them and add to other mixture.

Back