omg is there any way back

staceyjd

just nearly finished my 4th week an ive just bought a bottle of white wine an d started to drink it in fact have but was really feeling stressed please help xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Go to bed and forget it, tomorrow is another day!

Bet you didn't enjoy it tho hun. Ive had a bottle in my fridge since royal wedding day, Ive amazed myself that it's still there. My friend wanted to open it the other day but I knew if it was open I'd end up drinkin it.
Get back on track tomoz and fingers crossed it hasn't done much damage x

call it a blip. Go to bed and see tomorrow as a fresh day. x

great for you, not so great for your mam x

lol was just thinking same as bev, really glad it wasnt you Stacey :)

Crikey, don't do it again, its very dangerous to drink alcohol whilst on this diet, think yourself lucky nothing dire happened. Think theres a 'sticky' somewhere about drinking, it can cause your organs to shut down I think!!!!

DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL IF YOU ARE KETOTIC!
Alcohol is a powerful inhibitor of gluconeogenesis. In fact, it forces part of the gluconeogenic metabolic process into reverse. This means that if all the glucose in the blood is being derived from gluconeogenesis then the consumption of alcohol will inevitably cause the blood glucose level to fall. Worse still, the alcohol also stops ketone body production, thus leaving the brain entirely without fuel.
A person who is ketotic is 100% reliant on gluconeogenesis to maintain adequate levels of glucose in the blood. If, under these circumstances alcohol is taken, the person will become disorientated and might lose consciousness, not just from the alcohol, but from low blood sugar. Needless to say, this could be very dangerous, and even fatal.
Alcohol does not have these effects if the glycogen stores in the liver are normal. Under these circumstances the blood glucose level in the blood is maintained by the breakdown of liver glycogen, a process that is not influenced by alcohol. If a person becomes confused under these circumstances it is due simply to the pharmacological effects of the alcohol

Back