OMG it's a Syn Fest!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by HellieCopter, 30 October 2009 Social URL.

1. HellieCopter

HellieCopter Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7.5lb(19.24%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Ladies and Gentlemen…place your bets please!

How many syns am I going to consume this evening?

Tonight I am going to an Oktoberfest bash in a big marquee, with a free stein of beer (that’s a litre!) included in the price, as well as pretzels (not the little low fat ones, the huge ones) and Bavarian bread…and then also on offer are foot long sausages (in a foot long bun, I might add) and other Bavarian delicacies.

*panic*

I don’t think my willpower is strong enough to cope.

Help me work out a strategy, SW friends! What do I do? I could drink the beer and have some food before I go, so I’m not tempted to munch and the beer won’t go to my head. Or I could offer to drive, eat the sausage and not drink the beer. But I would really like a beer! *sigh*

How many syns do you reckon I’d be having if I had one stein and either no food or some food….

If you’re interested, here is the link http://www.guysthatchedhamlet.co.uk/WHATSON/249

(My profile picture is actually from last year’s event, when I was a stone and a half heavier and didn’t care how much beer I drank or foot-long sausages I ate!)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Snugglepuss

Snugglepuss Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(6.48%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    That looks super cool!!! :)

I don't have anything constructive cause i'm a baaaaad girl and would go and eat and drink......*holds hand out for you to slap it*

4. Liannioso

Liannioso Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.53%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting
    Oh that looks like so much fun. The litre of beer is mainly froth by the looks of it but still far too many syns... I think I would have to save a weeks syns for this (If your still allowed to do that). I would definately have to have a beer and a sausage! I think I'd run it off in the morning!

5. evanesco

evanesco I'm the tortoise.

Start Weight:
    10st1lb
    Current Weight:
    9st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.5lb(5.32%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers ProPoints
    I'm bad too, and would have both. It's once a year, and you'll soon get it off.

6. HellieCopter

HellieCopter Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7.5lb(19.24%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hahaha! You lot are no help!!! LOL!

Running is a good option though. I could do a big run on Sunday. Not Saturday though, as I'm at a cake party on Saturday afternoon/evening and then having Sunday lunch with my family for my neice's birthday.

Hmmm perhaps I should have asked "how many syns am I consuming this weekend?!"

:eek:

7. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I would just go and enjoy yourself Hun...as the others have said the weight will come off again and its only once a year!

8. HellieCopter

HellieCopter Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7.5lb(19.24%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yeah, but so is birthday, and so is Christmas, and so is a holiday, and so is a friend's wedding, and so is Easter, and so is Anniversary...

It all adds up!

LOL @ myself... If I want to be good, I should really just be good, shouldn't I! It's me that wants to get to target in 6 weeks. I think I'm looking for a magic answer from you that says - yes, eat sausage and drink beer and still lose 3lbs this week!

9. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Lol...if only that worked!!!
    You could take your own version of a bratwurst to munch on that would be syn free. You could do a curry one and have Morrison pork sausage and make the syn free curry sauce to tip over...Ive eaten this a few times and its delicious!
    As for the beer thats up to you....I dont drink, so to feel that I was still having a drink, I would probably take Asda sugar free shandy!!! Lol..Im a cheap date!

10. Liannioso

Liannioso Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.53%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting
    If you can resist Helliecopter - you do that and be proud! There is no easy answer here. I think with birthday's and xmas you can come up with good SW alternatives but I really don't think there would be a good enough alternative for me not to have the foot long sausage and the beer in this situation - but hey - I'm weak!

11. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

Last do I went to, I told myself if I had my dinner first then I wouldn't want to eat the buffet.

Yeah right.

I ate my dinner and ate the buffet. I would have been better off saving some cals and not eating my dinner first. Just eat a 6inch sausage (now that sounds soooo wrong) instead of the full 12inches and enjoy it.

Oktoberfests are fab, I lived in Germany for years and they do put a good party on!!

12. Vixxster

Vixxster Nojo on the YoYo

Start Weight:
    19st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    A pint of beer is 10 syns (is a litre about 3pts?)
    28g of Bratwurst sausage is 2 and a half syns (red, obv, or EE) - a regular sausage-sized sausage is around 50g.
    A large 85g hotdog roll is 12 syns.

...still there dude?

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.