Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

OMG it's a Syn Fest!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by HellieCopter, 30 October 2009 Social URL.

1. HellieCopter

HellieCopter Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7.5lb(19.24%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Ladies and Gentlemen…place your bets please!

How many syns am I going to consume this evening?

Tonight I am going to an Oktoberfest bash in a big marquee, with a free stein of beer (that’s a litre!) included in the price, as well as pretzels (not the little low fat ones, the huge ones) and Bavarian bread…and then also on offer are foot long sausages (in a foot long bun, I might add) and other Bavarian delicacies.

*panic*

I don’t think my willpower is strong enough to cope.

Help me work out a strategy, SW friends! What do I do? I could drink the beer and have some food before I go, so I’m not tempted to munch and the beer won’t go to my head. Or I could offer to drive, eat the sausage and not drink the beer. But I would really like a beer! *sigh*

How many syns do you reckon I’d be having if I had one stein and either no food or some food….

If you’re interested, here is the link http://www.guysthatchedhamlet.co.uk/WHATSON/249

(My profile picture is actually from last year’s event, when I was a stone and a half heavier and didn’t care how much beer I drank or foot-long sausages I ate!)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Snugglepuss

Snugglepuss Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(6.48%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    That looks super cool!!! :)

I don't have anything constructive cause i'm a baaaaad girl and would go and eat and drink......*holds hand out for you to slap it*

4. Liannioso

Liannioso Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.53%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting
    Oh that looks like so much fun. The litre of beer is mainly froth by the looks of it but still far too many syns... I think I would have to save a weeks syns for this (If your still allowed to do that). I would definately have to have a beer and a sausage! I think I'd run it off in the morning!

5. evanesco

evanesco I'm the tortoise.

Start Weight:
    10st1lb
    Current Weight:
    9st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.5lb(5.32%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers ProPoints
    I'm bad too, and would have both. It's once a year, and you'll soon get it off.

6. HellieCopter

HellieCopter Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7.5lb(19.24%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hahaha! You lot are no help!!! LOL!

Running is a good option though. I could do a big run on Sunday. Not Saturday though, as I'm at a cake party on Saturday afternoon/evening and then having Sunday lunch with my family for my neice's birthday.

Hmmm perhaps I should have asked "how many syns am I consuming this weekend?!"

:eek:

7. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I would just go and enjoy yourself Hun...as the others have said the weight will come off again and its only once a year!

8. HellieCopter

HellieCopter Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7.5lb(19.24%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yeah, but so is birthday, and so is Christmas, and so is a holiday, and so is a friend's wedding, and so is Easter, and so is Anniversary...

It all adds up!

LOL @ myself... If I want to be good, I should really just be good, shouldn't I! It's me that wants to get to target in 6 weeks. I think I'm looking for a magic answer from you that says - yes, eat sausage and drink beer and still lose 3lbs this week!

9. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Lol...if only that worked!!!
    You could take your own version of a bratwurst to munch on that would be syn free. You could do a curry one and have Morrison pork sausage and make the syn free curry sauce to tip over...Ive eaten this a few times and its delicious!
    As for the beer thats up to you....I dont drink, so to feel that I was still having a drink, I would probably take Asda sugar free shandy!!! Lol..Im a cheap date!

10. Liannioso

Liannioso Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.53%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting
    If you can resist Helliecopter - you do that and be proud! There is no easy answer here. I think with birthday's and xmas you can come up with good SW alternatives but I really don't think there would be a good enough alternative for me not to have the foot long sausage and the beer in this situation - but hey - I'm weak!

11. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

Last do I went to, I told myself if I had my dinner first then I wouldn't want to eat the buffet.

Yeah right.

I ate my dinner and ate the buffet. I would have been better off saving some cals and not eating my dinner first. Just eat a 6inch sausage (now that sounds soooo wrong) instead of the full 12inches and enjoy it.

Oktoberfests are fab, I lived in Germany for years and they do put a good party on!!

12. Vixxster

Vixxster Nojo on the YoYo

Start Weight:
    19st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    A pint of beer is 10 syns (is a litre about 3pts?)
    28g of Bratwurst sausage is 2 and a half syns (red, obv, or EE) - a regular sausage-sized sausage is around 50g.
    A large 85g hotdog roll is 12 syns.

...still there dude?

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.