omg mothers! Felt bad then she had to start

Laurynsmum

I feel like crap,

only lost 1/2lb this week and i was good.

was a bit down at class but i felt a bit better after image therapy but then i went to pick up my youngest from my mum's and she ask me how i got on so i said i lost 1/2lb she said only 1/2 lbs you must be doing it wrong, your eating too much blah blah blah blah

then i came home and i could cry my heart out, i felt like saying to her aleast it going in the right direction.

:cry::cry::cry:

Sx

Absolutely! Don't be dis-heartened! I joined Jan and am actually heavier now! But I have kept going but it just hasn't clicked.

If you have been good then it will show at some point! There are members at the group I go to that loose 1/2 and then STS and then 1 loss. Initially they were really upset but then they realise they are loosing the same or more in the long run as the people who have a loss of like 5 a week!

It's not about just loosing a 1/2 it is firstly still LOOSING and imagine what you would have put on if not on SW so add it together and it's probably more like 3 1/2

Ah luv - just ignore her... I know what it it's like, I'm deffo in the group of people with a mother who is about as supportive of this SW journey as a plank of wood would be!

It's 1/2 off... OFF not on, ok so maybe it's not happeneing as quick as you'd like but it's still a loss... honestly try not to take it to heart.

xx

wait untill you have a really good week then they nag that you arnt eating:cry:
1/2 lb is a good loss my weekly weigh ins are generally 1/2 lb up to 1 1/2 lb loss.
Now i have lost 19lbs in total about half way there now and feeling mighty pleased with myself.
You can do it, and are doing it you should have a pat on the back. keep at it you are doing so well.

After my weekly weigh in my mum used to say " how much have you put on this week " and this was her way of encouraging me !!

Ignore her, you lost and you will loose more !!

Hey there! I also lost only 0.5lb this week - I was disappointed, but just like you, I felt a little better after Image Therapy.

You are absolutely right - it is going in the right direction!!! I need to remember this too :)

Comments like this do get you down, no doubt about it. But at the end of the day, she's not doing the diet, she doesn't understand. It's just a throw away comment, dont' take any notice ((hug))

I wish some people were more understanding!
But honestly my dear, you're definitely going in the right direction, and everybody responds to the SW diet in different ways. I've heard some people losing a little to start with, and then a few weeks in getting a big loss of 4 or 5lbs.

The main thing is to not be discouraged by this. Sometimes I feel like my mum doesn't want me to lose weight (she's lost weight by not eating >.< and I sometimes feel like she just wants to be able to say she weighs less than me). However, now I just take any negativity as jealously and remain proud in any losses that I have!

I feel like crap,

only lost 1/2lb this week and i was good.

was a bit down at class but i felt a bit better after image therapy but then i went to pick up my youngest from my mum's and she ask me how i got on so i said i lost 1/2lb she said only 1/2 lbs you must be doing it wrong, your eating too much blah blah blah blah

then i came home and i could cry my heart out, i felt like saying to her aleast it going in the right direction.

:cry::cry::cry:

Sx

Well done on your loss x ITt so hard not to be affected by what people say hun I was just wondering do you think you are doing the plan right? If so then keep at it its a fabulous plan and you will get there! As you say you are going in the right direction and there could be many reasons why your loss was half a lb, many people lose half a lb weekly most weeks but if they keep going in the right direction they still get where they want to go x Good luck x

tell her u are doing it properly and that we all have weeks like that (smile) and in the 9 weeks thats nine pounds OFF and not nine pounds on and dont go looking for the naughty food it wont do u no good just smile at her and know that in a week or 2 u will be looking at that lovely shiny stone sticker its there waiting on u just keep with the plan and its yours the old saying sticks and stones, water of a ducks back :) u can do it girl keep it up for next week:)

Thanks everyone for your comments, i know its hard to ignore her the point is she can't stick to a diet more than a bloody day lol!!! she is trying to do slim fast this week, pot kettle lol!!!!

I had a wee blow out last night, back on it this week and going to zumba tonight

Thanks again

Sx

Well done on your loss this week Hun!
As the others have said, even though it may not come off as quickly as you would like, think about how far you have come and how much your health has improved.
I loose an average of 1lb a week and I am more than happy with that.

xxx

Personally, next time she asks how you got on, I would just say "I am not telling you", and keep on saying that week after week, whether you gain or lose.

And if she asks why, tell her how much her remarks upset you, and that you refuse to give her any more ammunition to fire at you.

It makes me sad to read in post after post on this forum about people who are upset by the remarks and attitudes of their "nearest and dearest". We should stop giving them the opportunity!

I was go last week an lost 0.5lb but its a LOSS at least your losing! your not doing nothing wrong or you would had gained.
i lost 4.5lb this week after losing 0.5 so im not sure if weighloss caught up from last week LOL...

aww hun ((( ))) ignore her hun. I really do feel for you hun we want our family to be supportive and praise us and when they don't it can hurt.
0.5lb doesn't sound alot but I bet there is loads of people at your group would happierly swap you that 0.5lb a regular half pound is better than 1lb off to 2lb on 2lb off 1lb on aleast yours are coming off hun and in a year is 2 stone so imagine what she will say this time next year when you are 2 stone lighter.
maybe its cause shes used to quick fix methods that never work and she can't understand slimming world the reason we she is alittle bitter.
on sw the more you eat the better your losses seem to be and i find sometimes a blow out boasts your losses.
do you have a dairy hun maybe we could double check it to reasure you you are doing it right.

Back