• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

omg struggling already!

frumpytosexy

Taking the Scenic Route..
S: 14st3lb C: 11st10lb G: 8st7lb BMI: 31 Loss: 2st7lb(17.59%)
Hi I have started today also and am absolutely starving, shaking, have a headache and feel very sick lol.

I have just had a few slices of turkey as I wait for the kettle to boil for my soup im hoping that a little meat or the odd boiled egg wont hurt whilst im waiting for ketosis to kick in as once thats here i will be just great its the hunger that bothers me so once that goes im sure i will be in full control ! Does anybody know the best things to eat if you just have to have something when your struggling with the hunger in the first few days ?

frumpytosexy

Taking the Scenic Route..
S: 14st3lb C: 11st10lb G: 8st7lb BMI: 31 Loss: 2st7lb(17.59%)
Thanks Starlight and Julied...

I have the worst migraine ever! Just took 800mg of ibuprofen lol. I have just had a teeeny bit of diet coke, and feel a bit better.
Only have my soup left today now, going to try and have it as late as possible!
I know if i try "just having a few slices of turkey" i will binge lol so im trying to steer clear of that. I should imagine if you really must nibble something...make it protein and no carbs :) we can do it!

xx

Thats my thinking with the turkey low carbs but do either of you know what is best, im having my soup in a min as the rest of the family (husband, 17yr daughter and 3yr son) are having tea so want to keep the family meal times going the same. I will then top up on the ibuprofen and have a bath to pass the time, im so determined to do this !!!!!!

S: 23st8lb C: 23st1lb G: 13st8lb BMI: 50.6 Loss: 0st7lb(2.12%)
good luck and stay strong xxx you sound like you have your head in the right place

S: 157lb C: 148lb G: 128lb BMI: 28 Loss: 9lb(5.73%)
Think Hour by Hour....or minute by minute.....your body will soon adapt.......Really good luck to you both:flowers:
I am Day 9 tomorrow......Saturday is always my weak day so it will be minute by minute for me too :eek:

Hi all after i had my soup last night i started to feel a lot better the really bad hunger pains went and i woke up this morning not hungry, i have just had the chocolate shakes but had it warm and it was delicious, headache slowly starting to subside, things are looking up, im also a addicted weigher so weigh myself around 20 times a day lol, i am trying to wean myself off to the recommended once a week but did it again before and have lost 3lbs since yesterday am so well happy !!

S: 17st8lb C: 16st12lb G: 14st0lb BMI: 34.8 Loss: 0st10lb(4.07%)
I have had some fish and then beef slices to ward off the hunger. I also start my shakes as late as I can in the day and try and have half a pack at a time, it makes it go further

I don't mind the strawberry shake butbif you don't like it try adding some decaf coffee powder. I found the strawberry isn't strong enoughbtobget thro and I get to have a white coffee yay!!

I really think that having some protein won't hurt and if it stops you giving up altogethr it's worth it.

I certainly routinely ate egg cheese and fish with some salad or greens throughout my last stab at vlcd and I lost an average of a stone a month

Last edited:
Well i had the banana shake for lunch but again had it warm and it was also lovely im having the bar for tea and the hunger is a bit less today than yesterday so hoping tomorrow will be easier again... does anyone know how long it takes to get into ketosis xx

S: 22st4lb C: 22st4lb G: 13st0lb BMI: 41.2 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
just try and do something else to take your mind off food.. im on day 2 and not started feeling hungry yet although i woke up with a really bad headache.. im just about to try my first thai chicken soup.. wish me luck..

Hi Ant im on day 2 also i had the thai chicken soup yesterday tea time it was nice, i have found the shakes so far choc and banana are absolutley lovely made with hot water instead of cold.

S: 22st4lb C: 22st4lb G: 13st0lb BMI: 41.2 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
ive only had vanilla and strawberry shakes.. might try one warm tomorrow.. i found the soup tastes ok but its like the water from a pot noodle lol

S: 157lb C: 148lb G: 128lb BMI: 28 Loss: 9lb(5.73%)
hmmm....can't imagine what a warm shake would taste like :p apart from the chocolate one (isn't really very chocolatey though)
I find the strawberry one hard going :(

They are really nice i do it in a blender so they are frothy too makes me feel fuller than having a cold shake, have only had banana and choc so far though. On another note i have tested for ketosis this morning and it is a light pink colour which matches the 2/3rd square on the chart on the side of the jar the sticks come in..... does anyone know if this is good ?

S: 14st7lb C: 11st0lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 24.1 Loss: 3st7lb(24.14%)
Good luck everyone just starting. I'm just into my second week and have been finding it OK once I got past the first 5 days!

I have had one meal out, but apart from that have stuck to the plan completely and don't feel hungry.

I like all the packs but prefer the shakes to the soups. I just have them as they are but have added coffee to the vanilla one which was nice :D

Best of luck in getting through the first few days, once you are in ketosis you will feel so much better :)

Susan x