Omg! What the hell has happened???

Vic79

I have put 4 lb on in 4 days! :eek: :cry:

On saturday I had a very small piece of my brothers birthday cake and thats the only naughty I had. I can't believe this i'm so upset and fed up I was doing so well and was so pleased with myself and now I feel like crap.

So now the 8 lbs I had lost over 2 weeks is now only 4lbs and all because of cake. How could I have been so stupid? Why did 1 piece of cake do this to me???? :confused:

For the last 2 weeks I've been to the gym 4 times each week and sweated my behind off and for what? (well, for a piece of cake actually!)

Please tell me i'm not the only one this has happened to!

Good morning!

Something similar happened to me - I lost over half a stone in my first week of xenical, then my 2nd I lost a bit and then it went back on! I was so upset on Saturday - I was worried that xenical wasn't working for me.
But I didn't give in, and I've lost 1.5lb - 2lb this weekend. I think your body just goes in cycles, and sometimes holds on to water too, don't give in, carry on and you'll loose again this week probably. Also, if you are going to the gym you are building strength too and a lot of people around here take their measurements too, even if it's just waist, as the tape measure is really a better example of your success.

Keep hanging in there and don't get disheartened. xxx

Hang in there girl :p try not to be too deisheartened.

If ya due on, this could be the prob as your body is holding water or what ever our systems do each month lol, or on the other hand, that ya done a pretty good workout during the week, it could be due to ya muscle weight which weighs heavier that fat.

You most prob have lost some weight, but due to the gym your work out toned you up good :cool::p;)

:talk017:

1lb loss/gain of body fat is equal to eating/not eating 3500kcals so unless your piece of cake was 14,000kcals (WOW some piece of cake!!), then i wouldnt worry about the infuriating (seamigly) gain.. keep going and dont give up fighting the good fight. its all swings and roundabouts as i'm learning and i'm not weighing myself at all, just gonna wait for monthly weigh in at gp's next week. i'm sure you can feel the difference in your clothes already? dont get too hung up on scales, people will notice how good you look in your clothes much more than any silly number xx

Haha, Minx, never thought of the mathematics! I can assure you the piece of cake did not contain 14,000 calories :eek:

I think I just needed something to "blame" as it felt like i'd worked my ass off for 2 weeks and then messed it up with cake, and so I was like "it's gotta be the cake arrgghh!"

I'm now thinking it was a combination of water retention and working out so much, the good thing is that I have started to notice that my clothes are slightly looser and other people have noticed too. I'm just impatient and get frustrated easily. Thanks for the reply x

Just reading your thread....you also weight more (go figure?) after you are exercising....so make sure to weight yourself first thing in the am or definately before exercising.... best of luck!!!

Hiya Vic, have you started a measurement diary yet? Scales can differ but tape measures don't and my measurements tell me everything.

Back