Omg! What the hell has happened???

Discussion in 'Xenical Diaries' started by Vic79, 16 August 2010 Social URL.

1. Vic79

Vic79 Member

Start Weight:
    18st8lb
    Current Weight:
    16st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(11.54%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have put 4 lb on in 4 days! :eek: :cry:

On saturday I had a very small piece of my brothers birthday cake and thats the only naughty I had. I can't believe this i'm so upset and fed up I was doing so well and was so pleased with myself and now I feel like crap.

So now the 8 lbs I had lost over 2 weeks is now only 4lbs and all because of cake. How could I have been so stupid? Why did 1 piece of cake do this to me???? :confused:

For the last 2 weeks I've been to the gym 4 times each week and sweated my behind off and for what? (well, for a piece of cake actually!)

Please tell me i'm not the only one this has happened to!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. pink_kelly

pink_kelly Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(8.19%)
    Diet:
    Xenical and Low Fat
    Good morning!

Something similar happened to me - I lost over half a stone in my first week of xenical, then my 2nd I lost a bit and then it went back on! I was so upset on Saturday - I was worried that xenical wasn't working for me.
    But I didn't give in, and I've lost 1.5lb - 2lb this weekend. I think your body just goes in cycles, and sometimes holds on to water too, don't give in, carry on and you'll loose again this week probably. Also, if you are going to the gym you are building strength too and a lot of people around here take their measurements too, even if it's just waist, as the tape measure is really a better example of your success.

Keep hanging in there and don't get disheartened. xxx

4. heffamoo75

heffamoo75 Member

Start Weight:
    18st10lb
    Current Weight:
    18st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.15%)
    Diet:
    Xenical
    Hang in there girl :p try not to be too deisheartened.

If ya due on, this could be the prob as your body is holding water or what ever our systems do each month lol, or on the other hand, that ya done a pretty good workout during the week, it could be due to ya muscle weight which weighs heavier that fat.

You most prob have lost some weight, but due to the gym your work out toned you up good :cool::p;)

:talk017:

5. Vic79

Vic79 Member

Start Weight:
    18st8lb
    Current Weight:
    16st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(11.54%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks girls,

I've lost what I put on again now so hopefully it will stay off and more will follow. I just got the shock of my life when I stood on the scales!
    No more cake for me, it's just not worth it!

6. minx

minx Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    1lb loss/gain of body fat is equal to eating/not eating 3500kcals so unless your piece of cake was 14,000kcals (WOW some piece of cake!!), then i wouldnt worry about the infuriating (seamigly) gain.. keep going and dont give up fighting the good fight. its all swings and roundabouts as i'm learning and i'm not weighing myself at all, just gonna wait for monthly weigh in at gp's next week. i'm sure you can feel the difference in your clothes already? dont get too hung up on scales, people will notice how good you look in your clothes much more than any silly number xx

7. Vic79

Vic79 Member

Start Weight:
    18st8lb
    Current Weight:
    16st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(11.54%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Haha, Minx, never thought of the mathematics! I can assure you the piece of cake did not contain 14,000 calories :eek:

I think I just needed something to "blame" as it felt like i'd worked my ass off for 2 weeks and then messed it up with cake, and so I was like "it's gotta be the cake arrgghh!"

I'm now thinking it was a combination of water retention and working out so much, the good thing is that I have started to notice that my clothes are slightly looser and other people have noticed too. I'm just impatient and get frustrated easily. Thanks for the reply x

8. Bea

Bea Back on the wagon!

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(6.53%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge +
    Just reading your thread....you also weight more (go figure?) after you are exercising....so make sure to weight yourself first thing in the am or definately before exercising.... best of luck!!!

9. madchef

madchef Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st8lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2.5lb(11.13%)
    Diet:
    Low Fat
    Hiya Vic, have you started a measurement diary yet? Scales can differ but tape measures don't and my measurements tell me everything.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.