OMG Who Said It Was Ok To Add Curry Powder To Shakes?

My pharmacist said it was OK to do it and I lost weight the first couple of weeks using it. Sorry if you're not supposed to but that's the advice I got!

I would love to add something to my soup as I have gone off it now; but I would not want to take the risk of it hindering my weight loss. I asked my pharmacist about adding curry powder and he told me not to - but said that pepper should be ok.

Definitely the smart thing to do is follow the program to the letter.

If you absolutely have to add something, the next best thing is to email the Lipotrim crowd directly.

If you don't do that, the third best thing is to ask your pharmacist/gp (but bear in mind that we've all found that some pharmacists/gp's are not very knowledgeable or helpful when it comes to Lipotrim.)

And the fourth best thing, would be to check with other people here.

But really, we're way down the list when it comes to sensible recommendations. :) So just because someone here tells you it's okay to add "x" to the shakes or soups, that doesn't necessarily make it so. We're all different, and our bodies will react differently.

As the post above points out, there are different brands of curry powder. Perhaps some are safe, and some aren't. Perhaps some people can take it, and some can't.

Myself, I've had that discussion regarding coke-zero. I was taking it during my first week, and suffered no hunger pangs, delay in ketosis, or anything like that. But some people have, and it's not on the approved drinks list, so I quit it.

follow LT to the letter and it will be best imo

i havent but i been ok lol but i arent a good example haha

Definitely the smart thing to do is follow the program to the letter.

If you absolutely have to add something, the next best thing is to email the Lipotrim crowd directly.

If you don't do that, the third best thing is to ask your pharmacist/gp (but bear in mind that we've all found that some pharmacists/gp's are not very knowledgeable or helpful when it comes to Lipotrim.)

And the fourth best thing, would be to check with other people here.

But really, we're way down the list when it comes to sensible recommendations. :) So just because someone here tells you it's okay to add "x" to the shakes or soups, that doesn't necessarily make it so. We're all different, and our bodies will react differently.

As the post above points out, there are different brands of curry powder. Perhaps some are safe, and some aren't. Perhaps some people can take it, and some can't.

Myself, I've had that discussion regarding coke-zero. I was taking it during my first week, and suffered no hunger pangs, delay in ketosis, or anything like that. But some people have, and it's not on the approved drinks list, so I quit it.

Very wise words John:D

It depends on how much curry powder they used as I only put a few sprinkles in mine and thankfully had no problems.

It depends how much curry powder you add. I am sure half a teaspoon is NOT going to halt or alter weight loss...seriously...spices are not usually carb containing...and it is the carbs NOT the fat which halt ketosis and weight loss...perhaps the lack of weight loss was due to a plateau or something else like water retention, etc, you don't consistently lose the same amounts every week...

gutted!!

im getting weighed tomorrow and on monday and tuesday had curry powder in my soup... one was shwartz super hot and one was a bombay spice mix...

if i loose less this week i will cry xx

I lost 6lbs this week even having the curry powder...

and it made it 100X yummier and made me look forward to it..

im a strong believer in curry powder in teh soup!

and think it may have been another factor

xx

Back