OMG!!!!

Mel2

Silver Member
Just had to share this with you all....

After years of being very limited with where I can shop for clothes (mainly just Evans) I happened to go into Next today to buy my husband something. I walked through the ladies dept and saw a top I really liked. Thought 'that will never fit' but took a size 22 to the changing room anyway really believing that i'd just end up depressing myself when it wouldn't fit.
I put it on and when I saw that it did in fact fit me I just burst into tears!!!! I still can't believe it now!! I've only lost 29lbs but have gone from a size 28 to a 22 and am thrilled!!!
It must be at least 12 years since i've been able to buy clothes from Next.
God help my bank balance now.....I ended up spending £300 today and have a wardrobe stuffed with lovely clothes.......makes it all worthwhile and has soo spurred me on to continue!!!!!!!!!

wow fantastic, well done you deserve to be proud of your loss and new dress size keep up the good work :)

Wow, I'm so excited for you!! I know that exact same feeling! What do you mean, only 29lb?!! That's a substantial amount of weight to lose by anyones' standards! I know you've got some way to go, but you're making massive progress, just as today showed!! There's nothing like a bit of a spree when you actually like the clothes you're trying on!! I bet it was also a great motivator for you to carry on and have that same feeling over and over again as you go down the sizes!! I can completely relate to you about the cost element! I'm finding myself rekindling my passion for clothes and it's getting more and more expensive the better I feel about myself, so watch out!!!XXXX

i cannot wait to enjoy shopping again. well done!

Mel thats fantastic news well done, you should be so proud of your 29lbs - what do you mean ONLY 29lbs, its an amazing loss!!

I can't imagine how happy you felt in Next, I see clothes in there that I could only dream of fitting in to but with each pound that comes off I'm closer to that dream. I'm giving myself £10 for each pound I lose so that when I'm done I'll have a huge bundle of notes to go and completely spoil myself :p

Well done you!!

Just had to share this with you all....

After years of being very limited with where I can shop for clothes (mainly just Evans) I happened to go into Next today to buy my husband something. I walked through the ladies dept and saw a top I really liked. Thought 'that will never fit' but took a size 22 to the changing room anyway really believing that i'd just end up depressing myself when it wouldn't fit.
I put it on and when I saw that it did in fact fit me I just burst into tears!!!! I still can't believe it now!! I've only lost 29lbs but have gone from a size 28 to a 22 and am thrilled!!!
It must be at least 12 years since i've been able to buy clothes from Next.
God help my bank balance now.....I ended up spending £300 today and have a wardrobe stuffed with lovely clothes.......makes it all worthwhile and has soo spurred me on to continue!!!!!!!!!

I read your post and it made me smile, word for word this is the same thing that happened to me 4 weeks ago. I have lost 1 stone 4 pounds in 7 weeks on SW. I was wearing size 22-24 tps and size 20 bottoms. I was struggling to buy clothes and found evans overpriced and frumpy. So i was resorting to Simply Be catalogue.

My collegue dragged me to next on our lunch break. She is a size 16 and always looks stunning. We call her Gok Wan!!

I said next don't do big sizes, god i was shocked I found some items in size 22 also. I walked around and collected nothing. I said no way will any of this fit. Next thing my very own Gok had her arms full and ordered me into the fitting room. She collected size 18-20's and said get them on.

I was over the moon. I am now wearing size 20 tops (big boobs) and size 18 pants. I felt like a new woman. My husband was delighted and even gave me the VISA, I used to hate shopping, I enjoy it now. Nice to find there are people like me out there. I am lucky to have my Gok!!

Well done, youve done brilliantly!

That's fantastic news. Hope you enjoy your lovely new clothes and get lots of nice complements wearing them!

Well done Mel, it's a great feeling to drop one dress size let alone several. Congratulations.

Wow! Well done Hun, its a wonderful feeling isnt it?

One thing that Im doing to save on pennies is to only buy clothes that I need rather than a huge new wardrobe as I know that Im not going to be in it for very long. I have even got some lovely things in a charity shop!
My Hubby is moaning about the clothes that I have gone through already! Ok, so I have gone from a 28/30 to a 12-14!! But the clothes!!! Eeek!!!

Well done Mrs V. Can't wait to be a 12. I also buy clothes from charity shops, have found some real bargains. I also love eBay too. Have sold a lot of my too big clothes to buy some that actually fit!

Thats a fantastic loss.

And what do you mean only 29lbs, i mean that's just under a stone less than my 4 years old weight that you have lost. It's blooming brilliant.
xx

Back