On 1 day off again the next please help

Hi all, I started CD on 27th feb this year 1st few weeks went great, I was so determined. Then I started having the odd day off for do's etc.
My CDC went away this week so had no WI on wednesday, but I have used the 2 weeks as a excuse to eat whatever I want. I know some weight has gone back on, and I have got my next weigh in this wednesday. I still have 19 meals left. (I got 24 meals 2 weeks ago). I still have 2 stone to go and time is running out. Going to the Dominican Republic in August and so want to lose the weight. :cry::cry::cry::cry:
Please has anyone got any ideas on how to get back on track. I can see myself in 6 weeks time wishing I had done it properley instead off eating myself to oblivion.

Please help me.
Carol x x:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

hi hun
I know how hard it is to get back on track. But you have done it before so of course you can again. How about setting up 2 tickers - 1 counting down the days to your hols and 1 with weight loss. Also buy something you would like to wear while on hols and put it somewhere you can see it - maybe on the frig door! log on here every day for support, get a buddy to nag you! Good luck :)

Thanks alot that really helps x
Antone else got any ideas please x

hiya ,
i know where your coming from . i started cd in october last year and i was on and off the wagon daily . the only thing i was consistent with was turning up to see my cdc. i started at 12 st 9 and over 9 weeks lost a stone , i cant say i managed to ss for longer than 6 days . i moved up the plans , that went a bit wrong for me as it gave me the green light to scoff . having said that was having huge gynae problems and somedays taking morphine when pain was really bad . completely stopped cd jan and had hysterectomy end of jan . saw my cdc last night and was weighed 11 stone 9 lb , the weight i had lost had stayed off. i am naturally a picker and i have to have food . my cdc has put me on the 1000 plan, so i have 2 packs a day then a meal . tonight i have just had a small amount of chicken , about 20 g of rice and some veg. it was lovely and im stuffed. i had a choc tetra at work this morning , half a leek and pot soup at lunch time , my tea then later i will have half a pack of banana shake other wise i will be raiding my kids sweet tin !!! . apparantly you can stll have the good losses as your keeping the carbs right down but you wont go into ketosis, but as your having 2 meal packs your body is getting enough carbs so you burn fat , then you have a meal and your body uses those carbs then when there gone you burn fat again . maybe have a chat with your cdc and see what she thinks . i know how you feel , i have been there . i rememeber starting the diet and my baby had a lovely brown and orange outfit on from next , she looked like a jaffa cake and i could have eaten her !!!!! lol even dog foot was appertising ....... now that is sad.for me it was easier to have some food in my diet even if chicken and salad.
good luck with whatever you decide to do

Thanks for that, and glad your feeling better
Carol

Hi hon, I know exactly where you're coming from! The main thing for me is to draw a huge great big line under the past, stop thinking about what you've done and where you could be, and just start now afresh.

I did CD 2 years ago and lost 3 stone, then I lost another 7lbs through healthy eating and exercise. :D Long story short, I changed jobs, didn't have time for gym, got lazy, started eating, yada yada yada, here I am 2 years on and I got to 4lbs higher than my original start weight! :eek:

I spent a while feeling depressed about it, and then basically did nothing but have one or two CD packs a day, and would run out of steam on day 2. Then I started beating myself up by thinking "if I'd started then, I'd have lost X by now", and frankly neither of them help!

So, I decided to forget about that, stop putting things off (I have a hen night and wedding coming up in the next 2 months) and just do it. I bought a cheapy exercise book from Smiths, and have filled it with my thoughts. I put reasons for wanting to lose the weight, ie feeling better, healthier, and even wearing knee high boots! Then I set 5 small goals rather than 1 big one. They're manageable, but I still have to work at them - first was to lose 7lbs by friend's birthday (did it in 2 weeks), then another 7lbs by a works do (2lbs to go!) etc etc. I've set my ticker to 2stone as that's my friends wedding. Then I can change it to another, and another.

I also drew lots of graphs (got squared paper) of each 7lb goal, and drew little boxes of 7. Basically, every time I weigh in I have to cross out or colour in about 5 different things! It might sound a bit stupid, but it really helps me keep focused and realise what I've done. I've also written down my feelings, like sometimes I'll be watching telly and I could murder a bar of chocolate, so I get out my book and write in how much I want to lose the weight, and how I don't want to carry on as I am. It really helps me!

Don't get me wrong, it's really hard, and most days are a battle, but once you lose the first few pounds you'll get the incentive to carry on. I'm now nearly up to my first stone and it's taken no time at all - time I probably would have spent eating and getting bigger!

You really can do this, and when you struggle, come on here and have a moan. There will always be someone who has either been there, or who is also in the same boat and you can help each other.

Sorry this is so long! But I hope it helps! :D:D:D

xx

PS Sue, so glad that you're better! x

Thanks so much I think that may help, I'll give it a go
Carol x

OOOOh, I'm right there with you! i've just written a thread saying all the same stuff as you. I am struggling big time and the only thing keeping me from eating just now is reading other peoples posts. I'm 40 in August and if i dont shift the rest of this weight I know i will be miserable on my birthday (as if being 40 isnt bad enough!). I like Dancing's idea of one day at a time but i think i may use that as an excuse to start SS tomorrow, i'll just have this today then work if off and before i know it another WI will be upon me. I'm not sure how the online buddy thing works but i'm happy to chat to you everyday if that helps.

Back