On a mission to be a slim bridesmaid..open to pointers! :)

sparkles37 said:
Plan for today (Wednesday 10th):

Breakfast: 2 oatibix (HEB), ricemilk (HEA) & a banana
Lunch: Home-made leek & potato soup
Dinner: Home-made burger with babybel in the middle (3 1/2 syns), a rasher on top and some ketchup (1 syn); baked SW chips; baked flat mushrooms & tomatoes. Might roast some other veg too.
Tea: (Not sure yet)
Snacks: Fruit

Total: 4 1/2 syns (will end up being higher)

Luuurve the dinner you're having!! Is a new fave of me and my flatmates :)

Luuurve the dinner you're having!! Is a new fave of me and my flatmates :)

I actually ended up not getting a chance to go out to buy babybel, so I ended up having a plain burger but with cheese melted on top...still delicious & has definitely quelled my burger cravings for a while! :)

There's a really cool ziplining adventure park near me, and I might be going there tomorrow (all depends on the weather in the morn!). I'm very excited about it (I'm a big child at heart) so I really hope it's not raining in the morn! :fingerscrossed:

Hello again have had a crazy busy week so havent had a chance to post much well done you on getting into the 10s had my first weigh in tonight and i lost 5lb im over the moon with that although know it won't keep coming off like that. The wedding is in may have our first fitting on the 10th of november for the bridesmaid dresses eeekk ..

carrieann78 said:
Hello again have had a crazy busy week so havent had a chance to post much well done you on getting into the 10s had my first weigh in tonight and i lost 5lb im over the moon with that although know it won't keep coming off like that. The wedding is in may have our first fitting on the 10th of november for the bridesmaid dresses eeekk ..

5lbs? No wonder you're over the moon. Congrats!! :) Even if you don't get that kind of loss every week it's still a huge boost for the start - its only 2lbs from half a stone! :)

I'm not sure whatI'm going to do about the dress. I'm the only bridesmaid so I can kind of get the dress whenever, but it needs to be before Christmas so that colors for flowers, etc... can be decided on. I'll definitely (hopefully!) be losing more weight between getting the dress and the actual wedding. I was debating buying another one in a smaller size-but I can't afford to buy a second dress!, so hopefully they'll be able to be taken in properly.

Ours are being made so my thinking is its much easier for them to be taken in than out theres 5 bridesmaids at this wedding and a hen do in magaluf to also think about being on a beach is so much nicer if you feel confident and by then i will :)

carrieann78 said:
Ours are being made so my thinking is its much easier for them to be taken in than out theres 5 bridesmaids at this wedding and a hen do in magaluf to also think about being on a beach is so much nicer if you feel confident and by then i will :)

Of course you will, I'm sure you'll be feeling amazing and really proud of your achievement by then! Lovely to have a holiday to look forward to as well as the wedding! :)

Thursday 11th (my plan for today-will edit later):

Breakfast: 3 rasher medallions, 3 tomatoes & a flat mushroom (all grilled), an egg fried with frylight and 1 slice fibre gluten-free bread (1/2 HEB)
Lunch: Leek & potato soup
Dinner: Chicken salad - chicken in a tomato & black pepper marinade (2 syns), roasted pumpkin & sunflower seeds (1 syn), sundried tomatoes, grilled rasher diced, lettuce and a small bit of quinoa cooked in vegetable stock. This chicken salad is a fairly recent discovery and I'm addicted (and I'm not even a salad fan) - so tasty! Also had a mini meringue (1 syn)
I also stole a couple of chips off my boyfriend so I'll add 1 syn for those.
Eve (cinema treats): 1 Alpen light (1/2 HEB), chupa chup (2 1/2 syns - couldn't find sugar-free ones) and a small diet coke.

Total: 7 1/2 syns

Looper was good but a bit confusing for me - I'm so bad at following film plots!

Last edited:
Subscribing! You're doing really well :)

Subscribing! You're doing really well :)

Aw thanks hun. I've tried so many times to lose weight over the past few months but failed every time - something just seems to have clicked this time & I feel really motivated...for now anyway! :) I definitely think keeping this food diary has helped me stay focused. I love this site!!

Do I see in your signature that you've just moved over to SW, or have you been on it before? Looks like we have similar start weights! :)

Last edited:
I've been on slimming world before! I used to be 12st 5lb then got down to 11st, stupidly stopped for a bit...put on 11lbs and now at the beginning again! Would love to get to 10st.

I lost 5.5lbs on the Johnson Up Day Down Day Diet and then thought to myself this isn't realistic at all! I hated not eating :( so I'm back to trusty slimming world! I would love to have the losses you're having!

HollyHearts<3 said:
I've been on slimming world before! I used to be 12st 5lb then got down to 11st, stupidly stopped for a bit...put on 11lbs and now at the beginning again! Would love to get to 10st.

I lost 5.5lbs on the Johnson Up Day Down Day Diet and then thought to myself this isn't realistic at all! I hated not eating :( so I'm back to trusty slimming world! I would love to have the losses you're having!

That's brill, sounds like you did fantastic the last time and you're doing great now. The hardest thing I think is getting back on track after a break, so well done! You obviously know how to do it since you lost so much before, so there's no reason you can't get down to your target, especially with all the support on here! :) I was actually really frustrated the first few weeks as you hear of people losing 4/5lbs a week and I felt my losses were really small considering the effort I was putting in. After a few weeks though, I realised they all add up. As long as I don't gain, I'm happy! :) Plus, I can definitely see myself sticking to SW as I find its not as hard as other diets!

I've never heard of that Johnson's diet, what does that involve? How are you finding being back on SW?

sparkles37 said:
That's brill, sounds like you did fantastic the last time and you're doing great now. The hardest thing I think is getting back on track after a break, so well done! You obviously know how to do it since you lost so much before, so there's no reason you can't get down to your target, especially with all the support on here! :) I was actually really frustrated the first few weeks as you hear of people losing 4/5lbs a week and I felt my losses were really small considering the effort I was putting in. After a few weeks though, I realised they all add up. As long as I don't gain, I'm happy! :) Plus, I can definitely see myself sticking to SW as I find its not as hard as other diets!

I've never heard of that Johnson's diet, what does that involve? How are you finding being back on SW?

I think because we don't have as much weight to lose we will have slower losses! But the slower it comes off the harder it will be to put it back on again (I think?!). Yeah the difference is you don't really feel like you're on a diet. Have you been on SW before or is this your first time?

On the Johnsons diet you're supposed to alternate fasting. So on Monday you'd eat 500 calories, on Tuesday you'd eat 2000, it alternates like that the whole week! But I found myself not eating any fruit or veg and I was moody and if I wasn't fed I'd take it out on my poor long suffering boyfriend! I think I'd use it as a quick fix before a holiday but long-term it's not ideal.

hey hun how has your day been what film did you go to see :)

Yey, I finally figured out how to include multiple quotes! :)

Hi Sparkles, Thought I would pop in to see how you are doing and looks like you are doing good!
Well done..keep up the good work.... :)

Thanks so much for checking in again Emmaline - so far so good! :)

I normally do have 2 of em haha :D :p

Hehe, I like your style! :)

I think because we don't have as much weight to lose we will have slower losses! But the slower it comes off the harder it will be to put it back on again (I think?!). Yeah the difference is you don't really feel like you're on a diet. Have you been on SW before or is this your first time?

On the Johnsons diet you're supposed to alternate fasting. So on Monday you'd eat 500 calories, on Tuesday you'd eat 2000, it alternates like that the whole week! But I found myself not eating any fruit or veg and I was moody and if I wasn't fed I'd take it out on my poor long suffering boyfriend! I think I'd use it as a quick fix before a holiday but long-term it's not ideal.

Oh god, I don't think I could manage to stick to 500 calories a day. I have done some strict diets before & my body just can't handle fasting - I always end up getting really faint & irritable & feeling nauseous if I'm not eating enough. Having said that, it is always nice to know that there's something that will work if you need a quick fix before an event/holiday.

I think you're right that it's likely to come off slower when we don't have as much to lose. I normally get peed off at slow losses, but this time I just think as long as it's coming off, and it doesn't feel like dieting, I will be much more likely to get to target. This is my first time giving SW a go & I'm really enjoying it so far! :)

hey hun how has your day been what film did you go to see :)

Had a great day thanks! :) Went to see Looper - it was good but I always end up getting really confused when there's any sort of time travel involved in a film! I normally have a large popcorn when I go to the cinema. This time I saved up half my HEB & brought an Alpen light, brought a chupa chup (lasted ages) & got myself a small diet coke. I brought a curly wurly with me too but didn't eat it so it's in my freezer now to have as a treat another time! :)

Hope you're all getting on well! Any exciting plans for the weekend? :) I'm going to be away for the weekend (work-related, not fun-related) so xfactor will be my highlight again this weekend!

Friday 12th: (my plan for the day - will edit tonight)

Breakfast:
2 oatibix (HEB) with ricemilk (HEA) & a banana

Lunch:
Home-made leek & potato soup (I think)

Dinner:
Tuna pasta bake with extra veg thrown in (grated carrot, lots of tomatoes, mushrooms, broccoli). Only ate about half as I filled up really quickly.
Pepsi max.

Snacks:
Fruit
My mum is baking today so I might have a slice of her carrot/banana cake (8 syns) or else a chocolate rice krispie bun (no idea of the syns). (I ended up having a small slice carrot cake - 5 syns - and resisting the rest.)
Sachet cadburys drinking chocolate, hazelnut version (2 syns).
Slice ham.

Total: 7 syns

Healthy extras:
A = rice milk
B = 2 oatibix

Exercise:
None:(

Gracie, I like your layout of your food diary so I'm going to try & use it anymore (when I'm on my laptop - can't get bold writing when doing from my iPad). Hope you don't mind? :)

Last edited:
Back