On a very long journey-Supersize me :(

Fuffs

This is really the time!
Hi All

I feel very positive about losing weight this time. But, it feels so daunting.

I am now 20 st 11. Aiming to be 12st 13 lb (I am tall), but may end up happy at 14. But whichever, I feel the road ahead is sooo long.

I want to do it this way and lose weight slowly and healthily. It is just hard.

Breaking it down to mini goals in my head. But in my heart I know how big the ultimate goal is lol

This forum helps a lot!

Does anyone else feel this way??

Sophs x

I think its best to forget the big picture and focus on mini goals along the way as I am sure psychologically it makes things easier. I don't even think about a weight loss amount each week as I think you just put pressure on yourself and for me that is the easiest way to fail. You will get there and it doesn't matter how long as long as you stick to the plan and keep focused. Good luck, you are doing great

Thank you :) Sometimes I am very positive. I guess my AF mood is just hitting me a little this evening. Gonna try to snap out of it.

Aah the evil AF mood. It's also affecting me tonight, along the lines of 'I'm due on so is there any point in going to WI this evening?!' But I'm gonna go.

I also agree with DearFatty about breaking your long-term goal into much smaller short-term goals. I think I might set about doing this later on. Hope you feel better soon. x

Think I will aim for my club 10 and then 2 stones at a time after that. I love this forum. Thank you ladies.

Good luck at WI oh-Amy :)

I wouldn't even go as high as 2 stone goals... I go for 7lbs at a time. I break it down again by saying I want to be below the next stone, then I want to be the next half a stone etc :)

Sounds like a plan. 2 stone is a pretty big goal. 1/2 stones always feel good when they are gone. My club 10 is 19st 2.5 lb I think, so will break it down to every half stone.

I think I sometimes expect too much of myself and my body's weight loss capability lol....I think high expectation can often lead to even higher disappointment.

Hi All

I feel very positive about losing weight this time. But, it feels so daunting.

I am now 20 st 11. Aiming to be 12st 13 lb (I am tall), but may end up happy at 14. But whichever, I feel the road ahead is sooo long.

I want to do it this way and lose weight slowly and healthily. It is just hard.

Breaking it down to mini goals in my head. But in my heart I know how big the ultimate goal is lol

This forum helps a lot!

Does anyone else feel this way??

Sophs x

Most of the time I'm fine but once in a while the thought of how muc weight I have to lose overwhelms me.

I started at 22 stone & 1/2 a lb and am now 19 stone 3lb. It's still a long way to go (at the rate I'm losing it will take nearly 2 years to lose the rest of it) and sometimes it brings me down. Other times I appreciate that it IS coming off and i will get there.

Most of the time I'm fine but once in a while the thought of how muc weight I have to lose overwhelms me.

I started at 22 stone & 1/2 a lb and am now 19 stone 3lb. It's still a long way to go (at the rate I'm losing it will take nearly 2 years to lose the rest of it) and sometimes it brings me down. Other times I appreciate that it IS coming off and i will get there.

Thank you for that Sue. I used to be 22 st 12. I lost just under 4 stone last year while pg and put just over two back on.

You, have done really well. Inspiration Sue. I always enjoy your posts.

I have found that looking at mini goals better too. I started at 16 stone 3lb so my first goal was to get into the 15's. Next was 15.7, then club 10 then 14's etc etc Before I knew it I had lost 4 and half stone and over half way there!! My next goal is to just stick on plan. I know if I can do it for this week then there will be no looking back!!
Stick to little goals and you'll get there in no time!!

Well done on you weight loss Panda and thank you :)

Fuffs I totally know what u mean....sometimes im really positive and think wow cant wait 2 be in say the 14s or something cos havent been for a while, then I think to myself thats still huge for ppl of a 'normal' weight...but for me its an achievment and I know i will look and feel sooo much healthier but goals for me are never beyond the next stone bracket....nothing feels better than when the scales take u to the next bracket its great! x

I know what you mean! I went into the 20's on monday. It felt nice. My club 10 will be what I was after I had my baby in july, so I will be very happy then! :)

I know that feeling. I have recently joined sw and said I would join just after christmas but I hadnt been on the scales for years and I just kept telling myself the task was going to be too much. When my best friend said come on lets go, it was random I had nothing in that was sw friendly but had to change my eating ways immediatley. After week one and having that first loss I knew then that this time I am going to do it. Im not putting a time on my weight loss, I want to do it at a healthy pace. I think about how happy I am after one month on sw and how happy I will be after many months when I get my weight significantly down. Keep your chin up chick

The best way to think of it is not as a long journey, but a new lifestyle.

When I joined SW (this time) I weighed in at half a pound under 20 stone. Aiming to lose half my body weight just seemed too much of a task and I cried about it loads. I'm only 5'3 " so 10 stone seemed about the right target to aim for... but it was so far away.

The way I deal with the huge amount, especially at the beginning, was not to think about getting to target, just getting smaller. My mini goals are always 21 lbs at a time. That's about a dress size for me.. (ish).

If your head is right and you can stay focussed, you will find it very easy to make this lifestyle change. Don't look at it as a diet. It's for life. That's what i've realised, I'm going to have to eat like this for the rest of my life (lets face it, it is a healthy way to eat tbh) and I will also have to go to WI for the rest of my life, as I learned from last time, if I stop getting weighed in by someone other than me, I put weight on.

I also find it helps me to keep a blog and be totally honest in it. That way you can keep track of your progress, how you feel and then see how far you've come.

Good luck!!

Hi Fuffs, It is overwhelming i agree. But I also break it down into 1/2 stone, otherwise if i think of over 5 stonethat i have to lose its dreadful. Bit by bit, one day at a time-Good luck! x

Thank you sooo much!

It means a lot to know that others have felt as daunted as me. I lost over 4 stone at SW a few years ago. I got to 15st 8. I stopped going due to finances. I have yo yo dieted (word??lol) ever since.

I guess it is like running up a mountain, nearly getting to the top, rolling back down....trying to puff my way back up a few times and now taking a steady walk back up, knowing what it feels like to be near the top, but never having seen the top.

I look forward to placing my flag next to other goal members at the top of the mountain....But first conquering the little hills.

You are right Annie, it is for life. I know I will have to go to class even when at goal.

You ladies have made me feel sooo much better. Always nice to have a place to air.

Sophs xxx

I had a huge journey too when I started - I was 17.5 and am now 12.8 and still have another 1.5st to lose (at least - possibly 2 or 2.5st). Just go for it and set those mini goals. I kept focusing on different holidays and that really helped. My next mini goal is losing 10lb in the next 9 weeks for my trip home to America in May.

Every week adds up - whether you lose 1lb or 5lb. You WILL get there!

Back