On slimming world - and loves to cook :) my sw recipes

Well ive spent all yesyerday making my sons birthday cake really good and didnt eat any but was so busy i barely ate all day ..... The syns went on alcohol ..... I needed it after spending 12 hrs on it ....pics to follow

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130113_081907.png
    ForumRunner_20130113_081907.png
    378.9 KB · Views: 381
That looks great! What a lucky boy! :)

my wholesome simple cheap and tasty tatty ash

this is a dish that ive grown up on my gran made it my mum made it my dad even made it (but he put in peas too and smothered his in ketchup and brown sauce) i love it as does my 3 yr old son its simple tasty food and nice to mop the bowl with your hex b bread after if you havent used the hex:)

1 tin of corned beef (i buy aldis its 11 syns a tin) diced
1kg onions chopped
1kg carrots peeled and chopped
2kg potatoes peeled and chopped
3 beef oxo
pepper to taste
water

put all ingredients in a pan cover 2/3 of contents with water

simmer until all ingredients are cooked and potato goes smushy (thats my technical term but feel free to pinch it):D

eat:drool::drool:

i love it with pickled red cabbage and pickled beetroot (because you cant get enough superfree in my oppinion) :p

simple cheap tasty tasty food

by the way its 11 syns a pan and feeds at least 6 (probably up to 10-11 if your not a greedy moo like me)so max is 2 syns per portion but could be as low as 1 syn per portion depending on portion sizes

i made a nommy chilli (feeds lots) mahoosive batch

ok so i made a chilli sadly it was a bit of a chuck it so ive guestimated a bit

1 pach aldis aberdeen angus steak mince 10% fat (9 syns a 500g pack)
3 tins of chopped toms
2 tins baked beans
3 peppers chopped
3 large courgettes chopped
5 large onions chopped
1 heaped tbsp garlic powder(or add fresh id run out:mad:)
1 heaped tbsp paprika
a good glug of balsamic
a good glug of lea n perrins
chilli to taste (i put a tablespoon of mild chilli in because my toddler was eating it)

fry mince with onion until browned and onion sweated
add chilli garlic and paprika and mix
add all veg and tinned toms and simmer for 10 min
chuck in beans and balsamic and lea n perrins and simmer for 30-40 min stirring occasionally

will make at least 9 portions so 1 syn a portion

so as you can see above ive done a fair bit of batch cooking partly because i want to save some pennies this week and partly because i want comfort food and cba cooking every day too so ive got a boring week of the same meals but i dont care because ....WHATS NOT TO LOVE ABOUT CHILLI AND TATTY ASH

Ok so tonight i made a really tasty meal using syn free sausages from my sw butcher in an oven tray i put chunky chopped 2 onions 2 peppers 1 courgette and half a butternut squash sprayed with frylite and sprinkled with piri piri chip sprinkle then cooked for 15 min on full whack mixed all veg chucked in 4 sausages cut into 8 sprayed with a little frylite then baked for another 15-20 min served two just as Is no accompnyments (other than more piri piri chip sprinkle)

Thats half thats left for tomorrows lunch :D ..... Hubby had his with just peppers and onions as hes a fussy bugger .... And he put it on the devils food ..... Wraps

ForumRunner_20130119_172942.png

syn free balsamic onion chutney

Syn free onion chutney

4lb of onions thinly sliced
1 litre of balsamic vinegar
3tbsp mustard powder
500ml passata
4 cups of sweetener (a cup is 250ml)
season with salt and pepper

put all in a pan and simmer and simmer and simmer for ages stirring occasionally so it doesn’t burn mine took well over an hr poss 2 just keep simmering until the onions are cooked and it looks chutneyey J

What a great thread. I've decided to join SW again next week after a few years away so coming across this has really put my in the right frame of mind to go for it. Will be looking here for inspiration :)

subscribing to this :)
with the chutney do u just put it in a jar and stick in the fridge??how long does it keep?? xxx

I put it in jars hot and screw lids on whilst its hot as it creates an airtight Seal hence the pop when you opan a new jar of Jam etc .... use oven gloves or tea towel to hold hot jar of chutney i dont want any injuries i would think sealed a jar would easily be fine for a yr but mine never lasts that long i used 2 jars last week i slice apple thin and scoop from jar and eat lol its awesome or have dairylea light hex a on wholegrain crackerbreads hex B with fruit and chutney as a brekkie sometimes too

Syn free onion chutney

4lb of onions thinly sliced
1 litre of balsamic vinegar
3tbsp mustard powder
500ml passata
4 cups of sweetener (a cup is 250ml)
season with salt and pepper

put all in a pan and simmer and simmer and simmer for ages stirring occasionally so it doesn’t burn mine took well over an hr poss 2 just keep simmering until the onions are cooked and it looks chutneyey J

i knew there was a reason i have been saving jars, i think i am going to make some only using small amounts of ingredients
thanks

Back