Once more unto the beach

Nightwishes

Well today I thought I would start a diary so I can keep myself sane and focussed. Not sure what to put but hey ho :confused:

Firstly about me. I'm Nikki and I'm 38 :wave_cry:
I'm married with no kids but 4 adorable cats who I swear eat more than I do. I don't work atm.

I'm 5 foot 2 and I'm 14 stone and I want to get down to 10 stone if possible and then see if I can get down below that so I can get down to my ideal weight and be healthy.

I'm a yoyo dieter who once lost 2 stone on the Rosemary Conley diet but once I stopped going to the classes (money shortage) I lost focus and piled the weight back on and more :sigh:

I'm a vegetarian who doesn't eat junk food only once in a blue moon (honest) and I don't eat cakes or sweets and I don't like chocolate. I guess my vices are crisps and the bottle of wine I used to have 2 or three times a week. Now I'm logging everything I eat and cut down to one bottle of Weight Watcher wine a week and eating low fat/cal crisps which I include in my calorie total for the day. I was once told that I wasn't eating enough calories and protein (due to being vegetarian) so I was in starvation mode and gaining weight due to this so fingers crossed with using Spark People to log my calories I can stick to 1200+ calories without going overboard and have too many which will add weight and keep an eye on my protein intake.

I can't afford the gym at the moment as I'm paying for a holiday to Turkey next May which is when I want to be thin and healthy for so this is my goal date.

As for exercise.. well I try to do 30 mins a day on one of these:
* Jog on re-bounder (mini trampoline) for 30+ mins while watching tv
* Wii Fit plus freestep for 30+ mins a day watching tv
*Wii Sports Active 2 on the step aerobic part for 45 or so mins.

I tend to find though that I only exercise 3 or so times a week atm so I need to increase that.

I have started sitting on a Swiss ball as I hear it helps your core muscles while you sit and I try to do 200 sit ups with it when I remember.

I love to walk but my little doggie died 2 months ago and I now hate to go walking without her :cry:

The reason I started this today was .. for some reason when I have a drink lately I binge after which is something I didn't do before dieting. Last night I went off the rails and my calorie count was well over 2000 cals when I'm trying to stick to 1200 a day but can go as high as 1500 which is still enough to loose 1 or 2lb a week. I'm not sure why this happens so maybe doing this it will help me work out what's going on :break_diet:

well that's it for now.. time to grab a glass of water :)

Good luck! Oh when I drink, mostly through alcohol, my calories are ridiculously high! Could get to like 3000 cals on days where I'm drinking loads at a party or something. I really try to limit it now. It gets easier to control as you keep doing it though :)

I am being good the day before and the day I drink so I include the cals in my total so it's not a huge change and even though I seem to binge all my stuff is low cal and fat so even if the cals are higher than normal the fat tends to be well within my limit as I log my fat intake on Spark People :)

Hi and welcome to calorie counting. Good luck with everything. Hope you find minimins as helpful as I do. :) x

Epic fail yesterday:break_diet:
after feeling ill all day I drank my Friday night bottle of Weight Watcher wine just because it was there, and then felt starving because I hadn't eaten much because I had used all my cals on adding the wine to my daily total. I ended up having half a bag of chippy chips with hubby and turned them into home-made salt and pepper chips by adding garlic, onion and chillies which is something I used to like when I could feel a cold coming on as they make you sweat but I still ate them all and added some curry sauce to make things even worse for myself.

I think from now on instead of trying to include the calories of a bottle of Weight Watcher wine in a days total, I will eat a lower cal total for 6 days before and eat my normal cals on the Friday and just add on the wine then I won't feel as hungry and have such an urge to pig out once I have a drink.

I added my 'binge' food to my daily total on spark people for yesterday and although bad it was still under 2500 cals including the wine, so should I be feeling this guilty when a normal sized lady can eat 2000 cals per day and not gain weight??? it's just sooo annoying :sigh:

It's just one day. No need to feel guilty. Get back on track and the scales will get back on track too :)

Back