Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Once more unto the beach

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting - Diaries' started by Nightwishes, 16 October 2011 Social URL.

1. Nightwishes

Nightwishes Full Member

Diet:
    mixure of calorie counting and Rosemary Conley's less than 5% fat choice
    Well today I thought I would start a diary so I can keep myself sane and focussed. Not sure what to put but hey ho :confused:

Firstly about me. I'm Nikki and I'm 38 :wave_cry:
    I'm married with no kids but 4 adorable cats who I swear eat more than I do. I don't work atm.

I'm 5 foot 2 and I'm 14 stone and I want to get down to 10 stone if possible and then see if I can get down below that so I can get down to my ideal weight and be healthy.

I'm a yoyo dieter who once lost 2 stone on the Rosemary Conley diet but once I stopped going to the classes (money shortage) I lost focus and piled the weight back on and more :sigh:

I'm a vegetarian who doesn't eat junk food only once in a blue moon (honest) and I don't eat cakes or sweets and I don't like chocolate. I guess my vices are crisps and the bottle of wine I used to have 2 or three times a week. Now I'm logging everything I eat and cut down to one bottle of Weight Watcher wine a week and eating low fat/cal crisps which I include in my calorie total for the day. I was once told that I wasn't eating enough calories and protein (due to being vegetarian) so I was in starvation mode and gaining weight due to this so fingers crossed with using Spark People to log my calories I can stick to 1200+ calories without going overboard and have too many which will add weight and keep an eye on my protein intake.

I can't afford the gym at the moment as I'm paying for a holiday to Turkey next May which is when I want to be thin and healthy for so this is my goal date.

As for exercise.. well I try to do 30 mins a day on one of these:
    * Jog on re-bounder (mini trampoline) for 30+ mins while watching tv
    * Wii Fit plus freestep for 30+ mins a day watching tv
    *Wii Sports Active 2 on the step aerobic part for 45 or so mins.

I tend to find though that I only exercise 3 or so times a week atm so I need to increase that.

I have started sitting on a Swiss ball as I hear it helps your core muscles while you sit and I try to do 200 sit ups with it when I remember.

I love to walk but my little doggie died 2 months ago and I now hate to go walking without her :cry:

The reason I started this today was .. for some reason when I have a drink lately I binge after which is something I didn't do before dieting. Last night I went off the rails and my calorie count was well over 2000 cals when I'm trying to stick to 1200 a day but can go as high as 1500 which is still enough to loose 1 or 2lb a week. I'm not sure why this happens so maybe doing this it will help me work out what's going on :break_diet:

well that's it for now.. time to grab a glass of water :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Bostik

Bostik Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12.2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st9lb
    Lost(%):
    6st1.8lb(36.05%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Good luck! Oh when I drink, mostly through alcohol, my calories are ridiculously high! Could get to like 3000 cals on days where I'm drinking loads at a party or something. I really try to limit it now. It gets easier to control as you keep doing it though :)

4. Nightwishes

Nightwishes Full Member

Diet:
    I am being good the day before and the day I drink so I include the cals in my total so it's not a huge change and even though I seem to binge all my stuff is low cal and fat so even if the cals are higher than normal the fat tends to be well within my limit as I log my fat intake on Spark People :)

5. Squeezyweezy

Squeezyweezy Gold Member

Diet:
    Being healthy
    Hi and welcome to calorie counting. Good luck with everything. Hope you find minimins as helpful as I do. :) x

6. Nightwishes

Nightwishes Full Member

Diet:
    Epic fail yesterday:break_diet:
    after feeling ill all day I drank my Friday night bottle of Weight Watcher wine just because it was there, and then felt starving because I hadn't eaten much because I had used all my cals on adding the wine to my daily total. I ended up having half a bag of chippy chips with hubby and turned them into home-made salt and pepper chips by adding garlic, onion and chillies which is something I used to like when I could feel a cold coming on as they make you sweat but I still ate them all and added some curry sauce to make things even worse for myself.

I think from now on instead of trying to include the calories of a bottle of Weight Watcher wine in a days total, I will eat a lower cal total for 6 days before and eat my normal cals on the Friday and just add on the wine then I won't feel as hungry and have such an urge to pig out once I have a drink.

I added my 'binge' food to my daily total on spark people for yesterday and although bad it was still under 2500 cals including the wine, so should I be feeling this guilty when a normal sized lady can eat 2000 cals per day and not gain weight??? it's just sooo annoying :sigh:

7. Bostik

Bostik Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12.2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st9lb
    Lost(%):
    6st1.8lb(36.05%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    It's just one day. No need to feel guilty. Get back on track and the scales will get back on track too :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.