once you've lost the weight, whats your motivation to keep it off

mrtc

Sorry for long title but,

Whats your motivation, onse you've lost the weight.

Mine includes a few pie in the sky numbers that are probily wrong but if they help me stay slim then ill stick by em.

I was happy at 150 pounds, i then over time went to 174 pounds, so i went on a diet and lost 24 pounds which led me to 150 again, but 3 years of bad habits later and i had ballooned to 197 pounds.

Well since may 2011, ive lost 48 pounds so brings me to 149.

My motivation is, last time i lost weight i ended up putting double back on,
If i was to fall back into bad habits i could potentially put on double the 48 pounds ive lost, that could take me to 236 pounds.

i definatly dont want that to happen so am determined to stay slim.

Whats your motivation to keep the weight off gunna be, sorry for the essay

Last edited:
Hi, i also go up and down in weight so this time when i get to my goal of 132lb I'm gonna say to myself if i get to more than 140lb im back on the diet till i get back to goal that way I only have 8lb to lose rather than the 56lb I'm trying to lose at the moment :)

My best friend and I plan on visiting different countries when he gets back from deployment..I don't want to look yucky in pictures.

Well, I haven't reached my goal weight so I can't speak from experience. My goal is to just find a diet I actually enjoy, that way when the pounds come off I'm still enjoying my diet, and weight maintenance won't be such a big deal. My theory anyways...

Also haven't reached goal yet but hopefully won't be long :) my motivation firstly is my children. I won't let them grow up thinking its ok to eat ****, be fat and not exercise. I can't let them fight this battle and feel about themselves like I do.

Secondly, when I look at my start photo now, I look so much worse than I ever remember feeling. I looked and puffy and on the verge of a heart attack. Not pretty. Can't be that person again x

I find it hard as well, sometimes i have blow outs at the weekend then end up feeling guilty about it. It doesnt help that my partner always insisted i didnt need to lose weight and preferred me with a 'little extra fat' on me.

For me i just try to look at it as a way of life rather than a diet- i WILL eat porridge for breaky, lean protein and veg for tea etc, i WILL go to the gym 5 times a week etc..because its my way of life now.

Having said that i managed to drop a 50kg dumbell on my ribs last night so may have to take a week off, and that makes me nervous

Trw am sorry to hear you hurt yourself, hope the pain goes soon, your weightloss and posts really helped me to stay on track, thankyou

Heh cheers mate, it isnt too bad, it only hurts when i breathe ;)

As for my weight loss, well i thought 28lbs was good, but compared to the inspiring losses here, it seems chickenfeed ;)

You have done well, 28 pounds is very good, also i was impressed by your attitude, dont to sound soppy, but i found your posts very positive and helpfull.

I will never get obese again, i will still have treats but never want to get to the stage where i struggle to run lol

I have a few ideas- I plan to stick my current passport photo on the fridge, was taken about 6-7 years back and I look like a blimp! I was about 19-20st then, not sure as I never weighed. My highest confirmed weight was 21st at age 19. I look at the pic now and think gods, how did I live like I still have 4st at least to lose.

I think I will be on a 'diet' for life, as in always watching what I eat. I have various ideas fro maintaining. Considering the Paul McKenna non-diet, I've read the book and it has really helped. And going back to Rosemary Conley but low-carbing too. So many ideas!

Various motivations I hope will help- the cost of getting this far, the cost of the clothes I intend to buy when I get to goal! Health, looks. I'd like to meet someone, I think that's more likely at size 10/12/14 rather than 32! I want to hae kids, not an option now.

Throw out anything that's too big or too stretchy. Then whenever your jeans feel tight you know you need to get back on top of things!!

Throw out anything that's too big or too stretchy. Then whenever your jeans feel tight you know you need to get back on top of things!!

Good advice, i threw out my old clothes and bought smaller sizes ;)

BTW legomom, im from walsall too ;)

That's something i've done this time - so many people have said not to but i can't have them there as a safety net - i have no intention of ever wearing those clothes again x

Definitely planning to use the clothes - all the big ones HAVE to go:D

I think my husband is the reason I've not gained too much weight after losing it.. I just feel like I can't let myself go again, it would not be fare for him. Also I hate to lose the same pounds over and over again, it's happened few times. I hope my new appearance will motivate me in the future to stay slim. And also I'm trying to change my new habits into a lifestyle so that this all would be automatic and the way I want to be and eat and exercise!

I really don't want to have to start from scratch again after shifting the weight so not letting my old bad habits creep back in is so important.
Also, I don't want to grow out of my clothes again!

My motivation is remembering how hard this weightloss has been, I don't think I could do it again so I know I need to keep myself in a situation where I don't have to. Like someone else said I'm giving myself a buffer zone so if I go over 63kgs I have to get back on the diet quicksmart, and throwing out the bigger clothes is a very important one. I'm also going to keep exercising regularly as I like the feeling of being fit, so if exercise becomes a lot harder I'll know I have something to do.

My motivation to stay slim (once I get there) is my health and my kids.

I want to feel slim and energetic and be a healthy fit energetic mummy.

Back