one bit of advice

Stick with it even when you have bad days. draw a line under any over indulgences and start fresh the next day, the plan does work everyone on here is proof of that.
Also don't just think of this as a diet think of it as a new way of eating. You can still have all the foods you love, curry, chips, pasta just the SW way. Often the SW recepies taste much better than supermarket packaged versions.
Gook luck and keep posting on here. You'll find so much advise and help to keep you going when times are tough

Forget anything you've ever been told, read, thought about 'dieting' (I'm loathed to use that word for SW) and start afresh and have faith in the lifestyle choice you've chosen x

Plan, plan, plan...

Before you go shopping try and have an idea of which days you are doing Red, Green, EE and work out your shopping list. If you've all the food there makes it easier.

Planning! For me it is making sure I know what I am going to be having pretty much every meal for the next week - then I avoid the usual "I don't know what to have tonight, I will get pizza/chinese/chicken on the way back from the tube".

Keep a diary! I have a little one that I write all my meals, healthy extras and syns in to keep track what I have eaten over the week. At the end of the week I write my loss at the bottom, and every 4 weeks I write my measurements in - something else I highly recommend you record as well as weight loss because when your scales don't show anything it's good to look at inch losses.

The whole diary is great to look back on to recognise how far I have come in approaching my target and acts as a great motivational tool.

Hi, I would have to say what keeps me on track is to do my menu for week then write shopping list or do online and buy what I need and stay on track that way. Drink lots of water/fluids that are free and make sure you eat enough on plan ie have your healthy extras and use your syns you are allowed so you don't feel deprived. Write your food diary for first few weeks so if you don't see result your consultant can look at it and help you as to why and be patient as everyone is different and some may have 3lb loss where you might have 1lb so just stick with it and you will get there. Good luck xx

Forgot to say a good tip is also to measure when you start then you can see the inches drop off too as some see that before it shows on scales

My biggest bit of advice would be - EAT!!!

The first week I was afraid of eating too much as I thought I couldnt possibly lose weight by stuffing on 'free' foods!

Believe me, if you want to lose weight you must eat, eat and eat! :eating:

Good luck! x

Back