One Crutch!

*Cupcake*

is working hard.....
I can walk with one crutch!! :D

After 4 weeks of struggling around on 2, and looking like a tortoise with my mahoosive backpack, I actually have the ability and strength in my foot to walk with just the one crutch!!!! I am so chuffed :bliss:(<<<well not quite like that but I'll get there!)

So its handbags a go-go and I don't need to drop things anymore. I've been so lucky with a fabulous physio, and a steely determination to get mobile again.

Only 3 weeks more in this cast, and then I hope to be able to re-commence *real* exercise (although being on crutches is a workout in itself and I have upper arms like Popeye :character00116:).

Just wanted to thank everyone too for the fabby support on here and kind messages too - you've helped keep me going SW wise. I can't believe that I've lost 12 lbs already! I think breaking my foot in week 1 of being back on plan actually could have sent me back to the biccies but you lovely peeps have helped me on my journey so huge thanks, from a very grateful SWer :thankyou: xx

Last edited:
So pleased to hear you're improving. You sound like a physio's dream! (speaking from experience) And well done on the fabulous weightloss!

4 weeks, how horrible and frustrating!! Being able to walk with one crutch must seem like paradise now!! Imagine when there'll be no crutches at all!! There'll be no stopping you now!! At least you can now get about a bit more! Well done on your loss!!X

I remember going from two to one, I was so excited that I could make myself a cuppa and then actually carry it into another room to sit down and drink it rather than leaning on the bench.

Sometimes it's the silly things that make you smile :)

Keep up the good work.

Back