One Crutch!

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by *Cupcake*, 28 May 2010 Social URL.

1. *Cupcake*

*Cupcake* is working hard.....

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st13lb
    Lost(%):
    5st3lb(25.98%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I can walk with one crutch!! :D

After 4 weeks of struggling around on 2, and looking like a tortoise with my mahoosive backpack, I actually have the ability and strength in my foot to walk with just the one crutch!!!! I am so chuffed :bliss:(<<<well not quite like that but I'll get there!)

So its handbags a go-go and I don't need to drop things anymore. I've been so lucky with a fabulous physio, and a steely determination to get mobile again.

Only 3 weeks more in this cast, and then I hope to be able to re-commence *real* exercise (although being on crutches is a workout in itself and I have upper arms like Popeye :character00116:).

Just wanted to thank everyone too for the fabby support on here and kind messages too - you've helped keep me going SW wise. I can't believe that I've lost 12 lbs already! I think breaking my foot in week 1 of being back on plan actually could have sent me back to the biccies but you lovely peeps have helped me on my journey so huge thanks, from a very grateful SWer :thankyou: xx

Last edited: 28 May 2010
    judimac likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    So pleased to hear you're improving. You sound like a physio's dream! (speaking from experience) And well done on the fabulous weightloss!

4. funcurls

funcurls Never gets tired of SW!

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    4 weeks, how horrible and frustrating!! Being able to walk with one crutch must seem like paradise now!! Imagine when there'll be no crutches at all!! There'll be no stopping you now!! At least you can now get about a bit more! Well done on your loss!!X

5. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(11.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Green Days only.
    Brilliant, well done to you. X

6. Claireybella

Claireybella Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4.5lb(1.99%)
    Diet:
    SW
    That's briliant that it's healing in 4 weeks and now down to one crutch! Yay!

7. *ruby*

*ruby* Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I remember going from two to one, I was so excited that I could make myself a cuppa and then actually carry it into another room to sit down and drink it rather than leaning on the bench.

Sometimes it's the silly things that make you smile :)

Keep up the good work.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.