one day at a time...

nettie

Gold Member
And here I am again!
I have lost count of the amount of times I have been 'back on track' and failed so now I am taking one day at a time and if I have a blip I'll dust myself off and try again!
I can't do the extra easy... i get myself all confused and struggle to eat the amount of super free which is needed so I'm doing red and green days and after 2 days I feel so much more positive than I did when trying EE.
I started again yesterday and have had 2 100% days... doesn't sound like alot but I've not given up yet... gotta be a good things right?!

DAY 1: RED
Breakfast: Pineapple and yoghurt
Lunch: 2x wholemeal toast (HEX B), scrambled egg with spinach and chicken
Tea: Braising steak, onions, carrots, mushrooms, cabbage and brocolli
Snacks: 3x large snack a jacks- 6 syns
2x yoghurt and cranberry covered oats- 6 syns
Water: 2 litres
HEX A: milk throughout the day in tea/coffee

DAY 2: GREEN
Breakfast: plum, apple
Lunch: jacket potatoe with cheese (HEX A), tomatoes, carrot, sweetcorn, cucumber, spring onion, lettuce. orange and plum
Tea: fried egg, grilled mushroom, grilled tomato, peas and SW chips (white potatoe and sweet potatoe)
Snacks: slice of home made sponge cake (approx 6cmx2cm slice- unsure of syns)
Water: 1 litre
Haven't had any HEX B yet, I dont think I can possibly eat any more food!?

I've just started red and green days too as I struggle with the 1/3 superfree! Homemade sponge cake sounds very tasty! I'm not expert as only began red/green today but looks like tasty meals! Good luck :)

i think I'm going to get into the swing if it better doing red and green, i feel like its a little more strict and I have to think about what I am eating. Good luck with your weight loss x

DAY 3: RED
Breakfast: 2 weetabix (HEX B) milk (HEX A), plum and apple
Lunch: salmon, 2 boiled eggs, spinach, tomato, cucumber, pepper, radish and spring onion. shape yoghurt and an orange
Tea: 2 wholemeal toast, cheese (HEX A) and grilled bacon
Snacks: Seabrook crisps 8 syns
Water: 2 litres

DAY 4: BIT OF NOTHINGNESS!
Today I went straight into a meeting at work at 9am without having breakfast, had a litre of water in the meeting though. Then I went straight into the Spring Fayre at work due to it being so busy so I didn't have lunch. Then had another meeting straight after that and didn't get back into the office til 3:30pm. Had a cup of tea and a 500ml bottle of water. Then I had to reply to emails and make a few phone calls and then it was time to go home at 5pm.... so not eaten anything ALL day!
Came home and was soooo hungry that we ordered take away and I've just had boiled rice with tandori chicken and lamb. Thought that was the best option as its cooked in a clay oven without oil.
I'm going to Tesco soon to top up on fruit and salad so will try to get some nutrients down me tonight!
NOTE TO SELF.... PLAN BETTER!

This is the plan for today! Feeling very positive and quite pleased that I have resisted the urge to weigh myself... I am usually a serial weigher!
DAY 5: RED
Breakfast: Bacon and cheese (HEX A) on 2 wholemal toast (full size bread so both HEX B)
Lunch: Prawn and mussell salad
Tea: Chicken, asparagus, spinach and carrots
Snacks: not planned yet!
Water: aiming for 3 litres today

Well I didn't end up having lunch as we went to my dads and he doesn't have anything in that is SW friendly. I did have some syns though... 7 for a packet of crisps.
I have had 1.5 litres of water so far so on track :)

Hey Nettie .. :) im defo subscribing to your diary .. Im back on the wagon and need to lose around 6 stone by next week also ;) .. currently doing EE but thinking about doing red/green as i somtimes struggle with the veg and super free etc .. im just not a huge lover of fruit either lol ..

xx

I'm a massive serial weigher! Your breakfast sounds very tasty! :)

bacon and cheese is my favourite... so good that I can have it without feeling guilty! :)

Hey Nettie .. :) im defo subscribing to your diary .. Im back on the wagon and need to lose around 6 stone by next week also ;) .. currently doing EE but thinking about doing red/green as i somtimes struggle with the veg and super free etc .. im just not a huge lover of fruit either lol ..

xx

I'm sure I've already lost 4.5 stone so I'm on track for the 6 lol... if only hey!
I have found this week very easy and cant believe I have let myself struggle so much with doing EE on and off for so long and getting no where. I cant wait for WI on Tuesday morning, I'm not sure what I am expecting to lose but I would be more than happy with 4.5lbs as that will bring me into the next stone down!
If you are struggling with EE I'd defo recommend red and green, ive been much happier doing it this way and the weight loss now seems achievable :)

DAY 6: RED DAY
Breakfast: Weetabix (HEX B), milk (part of HEX A), plum and a muller light greek style coconut yoghurt (0.5 syns)
Lunch: prawns, spinach, tomato, cucumber, spring onions in a wholemeal pitta bread (HEX B)
Tea: pork steaks cooked with mushroms, carrot and onion with mixed herbs, lots of veg (not sure which veg yet)
Snacks: undecided!
Water: aiming for 3 litres

Last edited:
I am also on the red and green days for most of the week, I give myself 2 extra easy days per week (roughly). Its a recent change, was always EE before. I really hope it speeds things up for me! :cross:

I was thinking of doing EE on a sunday so I can have a proper sunday dinner :)

Hiya

Read through your diary..looks great :) I found that doing EE slowed my weight loss down so I do mostly Green with an odd EE day here and there and getting such better losses. Good luck with your SW journey :D Subscribing also ;-)

I was thinking of doing EE on a sunday so I can have a proper sunday dinner :)

I think EE is the only way to do a decent sunday lunch (and I like to use by HEB for oil for potatoes for proper roasties. Nom :D)

I am also doing it 'one day at a time' (which is good as yesterday was a bit of a disaster at the end. Opps :eek: ) and doingmostly red/green. I didn't loose very well or consistently with EE. Still, slow and steady will get us there.

Good luck for WI tomorrow. I WI wednesday and have my fingers crossed for 3.5lb to get my stone award.

Laura :)

DAY 7: RED
Breakfast: We will pretend this didn't happen! 2 slices of toasted fruit bread with flora light (lets not count that it was a blip)
Lunch: Ham and mushroom omlet, 2 Toast (HEX B x2 as it was full size) orange and apple
Tea: Gammon with roasted vegetables (courgette, red pepper, green pepper, red onion and tomatoes) with baked mushrooms topped with cheese (HEX A)
Snacks: Morrisons eat smart pickled onion rings 1.5 syns
Jar of cockles
Mint muller light.... my oh my.... I am in love with these little guys!
Water: 2.5 litres so far
Not a bad day in the end, WI in the morning! If I have lost more that 2lbs I get a treat night... I know a lot of people dont agree with treat nights but it keeps me motivated for the week.

DAY 8: ??
Well first week WI today and I lost 3.5lbs :D
Not sure if I'm doing a red or green day today... will make my mind up by lunch time.
Breakfast: Weetabix (HEX B) milk (HEX A)
No planned meals today so todays food diary to follow...

nettie said:
DAY 8: ??
Well first week WI today and I lost 3.5lbs :D
Not sure if I'm doing a red or green day today... will make my mind up by lunch time.
Breakfast: Weetabix (HEX B) milk (HEX A)
No planned meals today so todays food diary to follow...

Hi nettie! How are you doing? I've been bad all last week and didn't go to WI last night. going to face this next week one day at a time. Just going to get through today on plan... I can do it! See you still tackling one day at a time? :)

Back