One day down...

Medea81

I have to admit it is nearly 2am and I am in bed thinking about food. I have the will power of a small child offered a pile of presents (next to none) but I seem to have got through day one. I want to at least make the week but I'm not going to fool myself that it's easy. I have to confess that I found the aftertaste of the shakes a little stomach churning but my stomach having loud
conversations with me has been worst. One week at a time was my initial mantra but unless it improves I'll be on one day at a time. Still I've done one day, I'm now officially on day two, that's something! Is the first week the worst? I'm such a wimp but I think I can push through a week if it's not going to last forever.

Hi honey and welcome. Yes, the first few days are the worst, but once you hit ketosis you will be flying and it will all become a lot easier. Things should improve after about day 4 or 5 - hang on in there x

I have to admit it is nearly 2am and I am in bed thinking about food. I have the will power of a small child offered a pile of presents (next to none) but I seem to have got through day one. I want to at least make the week but I'm not going to fool myself that it's easy. I have to confess that I found the aftertaste of the shakes a little stomach churning but my stomach having loud
conversations with me has been worst. One week at a time was my initial mantra but unless it improves I'll be on one day at a time. Still I've done one day, I'm now officially on day two, that's something! Is the first week the worst? I'm such a wimp but I think I can push through a week if it's not going to last forever.

Have a look at the gallery above if you are finding it hard. Some of the pics are amazing. It does get easier, just give it 100% the 1st week and take it from there. Once you get your weigh-in result that will push you into your 2nd week, then the compliments will start and clothes start fitting and it's full steam ahead.

Keep going is so worth it everyone feels
like that the first week then suddenly you
will become indifferent to food don't give up x

keep going the first week is the worst but it does get alot better and its so worth it xx

Thanks guys! Day two is nearing its end and so far I've not broken down! Going to try and keep busy this week. If I can get through this week I'll be mighty proud of myself.

If I finish week one I'm going to buy myself a rather nice brooch I've been wanting.

That's definitely the way to go Medea. I've booked myself a facial in just over a fortnight (a real treat for me) so I have to keep going until then or I'll forfeit it!

And welcome to the board - keep posting in the first few days - they are really hard, and then it gets easier, I promise. ;)

Thanks Waterworks. I keep thinking of little things I can reward myself with after each week, but it's only day two and right now I am really struggling. My husband had soup for dinner and I can smell it even now (hours later!). I think I'll go look at some jewellery he can buy me to say sorry! lol

Back