One for the ladies only!!

Cazzie26

I have recently re-started Atkins ( did it before- liked it - lost a bit of weight - got distracted - put weight back on again etc etc etc ). Something has happened both times that is totally weird - I have started a period entirely mid-cycle - started one today when only had my last one 2 weeks ago. Only when it happened today did I remember that the exact same thing happened before. I am on the pill as well, which makes it even more strange. I am not worried about it ( when it happened before it came and went and I had my next one on schedule, so effectively had 3 in the time I would usually have 2). Sorry if all this is seriously TMI but I am just very curious if anyone else has had this happen and if they know why??! :confused:

Yes. I've had similar happen to me. Someone explained to me that out fat cells contain oestrogen so when our fat cells break down extra oestrogen is being dumped into our systems hence the erratic menstrual cycles.

This happened to me last month as well - on the pill too. I didn't even connect it with Atkins, and just put it down to an unexplained blip! so interesting to hear the above

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Happened to me too. :) x

Not happened to me?

sig:--- Mark 6'4". Was 21 stone, is <19 now, two month goal is 17 stone. BMI says 13 stone but that's just daft.

Me too and i am on a pill i dont get periods with. Breastfeeding and on phase 3 as advised by linda o'byrne!

calorie counting journey!! start:: 14s 8lb current:: 14s 7lbs... 43lbs to go!!

It has made mine better, I didnt know it was arriving till it arrived when usually in agony, not as nasty either so I am very pleased :)

Add me to the list! Happened to me too, and I heard the oestrogen explanation too. And in the long run my periods became more regular and less painful.

Rhyannasmum said:
Yes. I've had similar happen to me. Someone explained to me that out fat cells contain oestrogen so when our fat cells break down extra oestrogen is being dumped into our systems hence the erratic menstrual cycles.

This is the most common explanation although no scientific studies. So yes very common, sometimes goes hand in hand with whooshie fairy so see as a bonus lol;)

Back