one for the target members/maintainers

Moo85

How do you do it? I seem to be going off the rails and I'm only a few weeks in to the maintaining stage! Last weigh in (about 2 weeks ago) I somehow lost 0.5 lb after eating quite badly. I've continued to do a mish-mash of normal s/w, completely naughty food and somewhere in between and I feel much fatter, though I dont know what the scales will say as I havent been to weigh in for a couple of weeks. i just need a bit of guidance on what you would generally eat to maintain. Thanks in advance :confused:

Well I did it very well for over 2 years and I did it by sticking to the plan properly for meals/HEX's etc but had extra treats.
This summer though I had too many holidays, days out, meals out etc and have put weight on. It's very difficult to get back on track.

My advice, you maintain by using the 80/20 rule. Have your treats but not too much. Stick to the plans as best as you can and, best bit of advice, go to WI every week. If I didn't I'd be a lot heavier than I am now.

It takes time to get used to it hun.

For me the hardest part, initially, was what my mind was telling me. On the one hand, hey I've hit target so I can relax with the food, on the other hand I had to keep telling myself if I just ate & drunk the chocs & wine I wanted I'd be back to how I was:cool:

So to answer your question, it does take a while to get used to being at target, whilst not being too relaxed about food etc.

I'd re-visit the SW book, website etc & remind yourself why you gained weight in the first place, and do you really want to find yourself there again.

Good luck its not easy;)

I tend to still stick to plan too, but do allow myself more treats than I would have done while loosing the weight.

By that I mean, if we go for a meal, I won't stress that its not SW friendly, but would make a choice that suited my day (red/green whatever), if that makes sence.

I also allow myself more naughties, but do stick to plan mon-fri, sat & sun I am probably a little less 100% if i'm honest, but still somewhere close.

Thing is for me, i found the SW plan tought me a new eating style & thats how I see myself continuing to eat in the future. Yeah we all know take aways arn't great, but as long as its occasional & not over indulgent, so stick to plan during the day, then I don't see a problem.

I have been maintaining since June & am so far doing good. I personally don't go to WI much at all anymore, as I felt I needed to be able to take control so weigh at home now. That's something that is personal choice, some need the WI to keep on track (which is perfectly fine) others manage ok on their own.

Good Luck x

Maintaining target is so so much harder than losing is.!
I have been at Target since May 2010. but have been up by 4lbs in that time.
Its a bit of trial and error really!
When i first got to target, i just said i can have some 'naughties' now, but once i got the taste of chocolate and bread again, i had about 2 weeks where i followed the plan but had waaaaaaaaaaay to many syns!
Got back on to the strict plan to get back to target, and now i have just added a A group ( throughout my loss i followed the old plan that was 1 HEA choice) i have been trying to shift the last 1 lb to get back to target and thought i'd stick to the plan with 2 HEA's but for 3 weeks i just STS ( still 1lb over!) but i have found out what keeps me the same.

But i need to keep my head in strict mode, but with extra HEs to keep me at maintenance.

But boy its harder.

Unfortunately I just have to stick to the plan to maintain. Any extra HEs or syns and the pounds instantly go back on! I guess we all have to work out what we can, or can't, get away with.

Thanks for the replies! I think it will take a lot of willpower to keep it up, but I don't want to have to lose it all again as it took me long enough the first time. I haven't changed my weekly shop much, it's those treats when I'm out and home-baked bread that I need to cut back on now. Must go to weigh-in on weds to survey the damage!!:rolleyes:

Back