One meal a day diet. Your comment will be appreciated.

kittycat92

I need to lose weight very fast. I need to be 6 and a half stone. I heard the one meal a day diet is the fastest way to loose those pounds.

Tell me, have you experienced one meal a day diet? Or whats your opinion on the diet and do you know a diet that can loose half a stone in 2 weeks just as good as the one meal a day ?

Tah in advance x

One meal a day would be fine, as long as you were using meal replacements for the other two meals, but its not a good idea JUST to have one meal a day.

You could easily lose half a stone in two weeks, by following a sensible food plan, such as weight watchers or slimming world. Or try the lipotrim total food replacement plan for two weeks and you could lose around 10-14lbs, or more, depending how much overweight you are, but then you would need to follow a refeed plan for two weeks to save you putting it all back on.

Good luck.

Thanks Mary thats really good advice because i had no idea weight watchers could do that. Its harder for my body to lose weight quickly because i am not overweight according to BMI. So i just jumped to the one meal a day thing because iv no doubts about losing it in that time frame. Your so wise to the one meal a day plan, it does say il put it all back on after i reach the goal . eek. Thankss

If you are not overweight, then why do you want to lose so much weight? How tall are you? 6 and a half stone, seems very low to me, unless you are only 4 foot 10 inches, in which 6.5 stone would be your ideal weight!

For a clothes modeling photo shoot. I want to give up and lose it healthily and attend the next offering of modeling but my parents and coach wont let me. I left cutting down on food too late and now i have 2 weeks until the meet and greet and im scared. Its my own fault. Im short im 5'3 . Its only for an online website, not a magazine.
thanks for replying back Mary who loves to be a loser . Lol :)

That will give you a BMI of 16.1 which is unhealthy for you, as it lists you as being overweight. For your height your healthy BMI should be between 18.5* - 25, I know these are just numbers, but I would be tryign to stick around the middle of these numbers.

I would be worried about you if I was your Mum. Not trying to nag you here, but just a little concerned about how low you want to go to.

I have a little arm fat and my legs must be thinner. Plus none of the other models turning up will be 7 stone, they are all super skinny. My mum tells me i should cut down because it will give me lovely cheekbones, she is not concerned at all.

I would look for another magazine that wanted people who were NOT size 0, totally out of order in my honest opinion, but each to their own.

No further comment on your Mums views!

ONLY be a size 6 ..........

I'm not going to get too involved here because I may say something I'll regret. This is ridiculous. Even if you DID lose the half stone, you can't spot reduce and chose where you lose it from. Your arms and legs might still be 'fat' (? as if they could possibly be)

My advice would be to find a career that means you can be healthy too or at least able to have a healthy attitude to your own body.

I apologise because I'm sure this isn't what you want to hear and you're probably thinking it's none of my business anyway and you'd be right so I'll butt out now. Good luck with whatever you do x

Thank youuu Jan i actually agree with most that you said and thanks for the facts of spots to lose weight, i didnt know that.

PS: your weight loss record is really cool

Thanks for that - and for taking what could have been seen as critcism so graciously.

The best way to change the shape of bits of you that you don't like is specific exercises which target those areas. Whilst 'dieting' might get some weight off, if you haven't got much fat to lose you'll be losing lean body tissue - that's when the whole thing becomes very unhealthy! x

Jan do you know what the effects of losing lean body tissue is? and what does it look like ? How can i prevent it?
alot of questions .. lol

I would imagine if you are only 7 stone now, you probably have lost some lean body tissue.

I just get concerned when I see young people like yourself that are being forced into doing such unhealthy things to your body.

Cant you find another career hun that lets you be healthy and not to put your body under such pressure? My Daughter looks really skinny and she is your height and weighs 8 stone 2lbs, I really think 6.5 stone would be taking you to a weight that you really shouldnt be.

i have no boobs at all and usually they weight on females, so i think you may be imagining me really thin already. Im not. I swear no1 has ever said to me or thinks of me as underweight for height and age.

Ps: Thanks for taking and interest in my life, its not my career though and isn't going to be my future career because its so boring. Sorry for not saying that earlier. Its just a few photo shoots for fun and my mum feels it keeps me focused on eating healthy and looking well.

Thanks for all the info and for caring about me. Im deffinetly loving this forum. I now know the risks of dieting but i feel so unhappy being around size 6 girls when im a size 8 and i know they will put me on the website anyway not to be cruel but i will feel out of place and i know i wont take as good pictures so starting tomorrow i will have to do one meal a day with fruit as a snack in the morning.

This isnt going to be my future career. I want to be a holistic therapist, im doing a course in tech that allows me to pursue it as a career. :D

Im deffinetly going to excersise to make sure i dont loose muscle tissue.
xxxxxxxxxxx

I agree with everything that's been said so far. I wasn't sure whether to comment or not as I didn't want it to feel like you were being battered down for something.

If it's not you're choice and your mum wants you to do it doesn't that make you think a bit?!!!!! I have nothing to say about your mother as how she has come across on this post is not nice at all. What mother wants their child to be underweight and unhealthy?

The one meal a day is a stupid idea and a quick fix that inevitably won't work.

Jan is right re the areas we lose weight - I lost the majority of my weight on my stomach, boobs, face and thighs. As much as I willed it to come off my arms and calfs it just didn't.

One final thing - you do realise that being underweight is just as bad as being overweight!

If I were you and found this ridiculous modelling lark boring - don't do it. Do something that makes you happy and something where you don't have to be pressured into being a certain weight.

kittycat92 said:
so starting tomorrow i will have to do one meal a day with fruit as a snack in the morning.

Clearly you havnt listened to the advice you have just been given :sigh: :doh:

Back