One negative thing about the diet

Anyone else finding because they are getting up during the early hours to go to the loo, they are getting puffy eyes in the morning?

I am not getting them everyday but some times I may be up twice at least during the early hours, to go to the bathroom.

My eyes calm down during the day but I have noticed on the odd day that I have really puffy bags under them.

Today being one, off to get some tea bags on them now! :rolleyes:

Yes! I was reading about this elsewhere and they said you should try and get the majority of your water in before 6pm at night and then you should be OK.

It's like being pregnant again!

Yes! I was reading about this elsewhere and they said you should try and get the majority of your water in before 6pm at night and then you should be OK.

It's like being pregnant again!

:D

Even if you don't drink water late at night the protein comes out the same way too so you would have to stop eating earlier! :rolleyes:

I'm very careful to go a couple of times before bed and seem to have got into the routine of not needing to go again until the morning. Luckily! Disturbed sleep is no fun :(

I'm very careful to go a couple of times before bed and seem to have got into the routine of not needing to go again until the morning. Luckily! Disturbed sleep is no fun :(

It doesn't help when your husband turns over in a huff and 'accidentaly' wakes you up because you have woken him up with your snoring! :rolleyes:

Then I have to make a loo call as I am awake.

:D

YES! I'm kinda glad its not just me (in the nicest way :) ) Even if I go before bed, I still have to get up between midnight and three (I do go to bed ridiculously early, around 9-10) and then first thing when I wake up!

I've been on cruise for seven weeks now, I thought my body would have got used to the extra fluid and such by now. . .

Until then, naps in the afternoon? :)

Oh, I have the same problem!

This is why I love staying in the cottage I'm renovating.

It's 600 years old, and hasn't really been altered since 1859 - so it doesn't have an indoor loo.

So, at night, I have an oldfashioned "gazunda" under my lovely cosy 150 year old bedstead.

Wheras - in my all mod cons heated flat I have to endure a 5 minute stumble to the loo, which is far worse.

My mum also remembers using a gazunda in the 1940s and 50s - there was an indoor loo in the farm where she grew up, but in winter it was just too cold to bother!

Somethings just haven't got more convenient in the modern age!

Oh Gosh Atropos, give me an indoor loo any time! Also renovating an old house here, 2 indoor bathrooms TG but I'd rather go in an outdoor loo than sleep over a pot of urine!!! ;)

Oh Gosh Atropos, give me an indoor loo any time! Also renovating an old house here, 2 indoor bathrooms TG but I'd rather go in an outdoor loo than sleep over a pot of urine!!! ;)

Try it in January, when there is no light, icicles hanging from the roof of the outdoor loo, and 2 foot of snow has just fallen.

No way I'm a putting on wellies and an overcoat at 2am to have a pee!

Try it in January, when there is no light, icicles hanging from the roof of the outdoor loo, and 2 foot of snow has just fallen.

No way I'm a putting on wellies and an overcoat at 2am to have a pee![/QUOTE]

Quite!

Also, imagine being heavily pregnant, having no inside toilet and being faced with running down stairs, unlocking door, running to studio flat, unlocking another door, getting to loo (bliss) and then having to do all in reverse order (in winter also).

Chamber pot bought that winter was my best pregnancy buy :D.

Hilarious mental image of poor Peggy swaddled in coat and wellied-up trudging through snow for a pee!

Im thinking about getting a commode out of argos as its a long cold walk to the bathroom in the farmhouse lol

For gazunda, read chamber pot / po? Never heard it called that before!:D kinda apt though

Yep - Gazunda, the object that "goes-under" the bed.

I've got an beautiful blue floral one, which matches the jug, basin, bucket, soap dish and vase.

You think that's bad? Arctic Explorers have to pee into a bottle in their sleeping bag - then screw the top on and leave it there so it doesn't freeze solid before they can empty it in the morning.

Affirming another one of the many reasons I'm not an Arctic explorer! ;) Lord save me from ever having to sleep near a bottle of urine, I am of the 'no toilet - no tushie' school of thought x

You think that's bad? Arctic Explorers have to pee into a bottle in their sleeping bag - then screw the top on and leave it there
Yuk! But apparantly there is something called the 'shewee' which enables ladies to do the same - should they become artic explorers, or need to pee into bottles etc ;)
It was marketed heavily last summer for festivals etc where ladies loos may be less than fragrant and where chaps can go behind trees.....

(how on earth did we get onto this topic!)

Back