one night off

bexterj24

ok so ive been 100% for 2 weeks almost now n tonight i have a wedding of my very close friends they have gone all out. so i have had a very long think and decided since its a total one of occasion im going to have the night of and start a fresh 2moro i dnt wanna feel guilty for doing so im weighin in 2days early n not weigh in till next week. has anyone ever done this before x

Hi
I've only just started exante so have no experience of this, but I'll be going to a wedding too in a couple of weeks and will have to go off TS too - too rude not to when the bride/groom have spent so much on catering!
Good luck, I'd be interested to hear how you get on and how it is getting back onto total solution tomorrow!

Yes I have done this a few times, I found it a slippery slope, very hard to go back after tasting food lol but i have done it. Just try to reduce how many carbs you have x

bexterj24 said:
ok so ive been 100% for 2 weeks almost now n tonight i have a wedding of my very close friends they have gone all out. so i have had a very long think and decided since its a total one of occasion im going to have the night of and start a fresh 2moro i dnt wanna feel guilty for doing so im weighin in 2days early n not weigh in till next week. has anyone ever done this before x

I did it last weekend! I told myself exactly the same, that it was one night off and I wasn't going to feel guilty and I didn't! Had a really fab night and was suprised that I didnt eat half as much as I thought I would! We have a family event coming up in 3 weeks and I plan on doing the same! Yes after the first few days I did find it hard to get back into TS but I am thoroughly back on the wagon now so it can be done! I think it's good to do it once in a while as you don't resent the diet that way and don't feel left out when everyone else is eating and merry! Have fun and start afresh the following day I say! BTW I only lost a lb last week as a result of my night off but at least it wasn't a gain ;) x

Indeed, the difficult bit is making sure you really draw the line afterwards and get straight back on track - it can be tempting to stretch it to a weekend, then a week... etc.
Also, be careful if you're planning on having alcohol and make sure you've had enough else to eat; otherwise you're effectively having alcohol on a totally empty stomach, and you could get quite ill.

If you can handle blips without going off the rails that's great. I've had one night off in five weeks and lost 1lb and gained a hangover. Still kicking myself for missing my target.

But if a big occasion arose I would probably do it again.

thx guys ill make sure i stick to low carbs. it is a big occasion i went all the way to italy for there ceremony n this is there big do with the rest of the family i will be bk on track 2moro no matter what theres no way im going to carry it on over the course of the weekend.will keep u updated on how i geton 2moro xx

Enjoy your night off and just get straight back to TS the day after (even if you've had alcohol and have a hangover!)

All the times I've taken a day off I have totally nose-dived and crashed off the wagon and it's taken me weeks and weeks to get back on track, so no days off for me!

Enjoy yourself tonight but gt straight bk on 2mrw! U will be suprised about how conscious u are about what u eat, so u wont go off the rails. Try & stay in ketosis if you can... just to avoid the horrible first 3-5 day to gt bk in
Have fun
:)

No days off for me either, but I still have loads to lose. I still go to things, events etc. but eat protein, minimal carbs and no alcohol. It was so hard to start and I want to avoid a restart if I can possibly avoid it. The other things is that I am selfishly putting me first for the first time probably in my life.
I am sure wedding couple will not even notice - you can quietly do you own thing and put yourself first. Alcohol is a pain though - one drink and my resolve has gone out of the window. So for me no booze until I reach my target or even ever??
Whatever you do - do what works for you, not to please anyone else. If you fail, so what, you are only human and tomorrow is another day. You can begin again.
So good luck!
GSQ

Hey Bexter how did it go? x

well i had the night of as planned kept carbs down to a min but did drink but i was fine ive woke up had my first shake n just acted like i never had the night of n i feel good n bk on plan x

Thats great, well done! I'll try to do the same in 2 weeks time when I have my night out!
Did you feel ok drinking alcohol? Am paranoid after reading about how dangerous it can be to drink whilst on this diet, am worried if I have one glass of wine at the wedding I'm going to I'll collapse!

LastEverDiet said:
Thats great, well done! I'll try to do the same in 2 weeks time when I have my night out!
Did you feel ok drinking alcohol? Am paranoid after reading about how dangerous it can be to drink whilst on this diet, am worried if I have one glass of wine at the wedding I'm going to I'll collapse!

i took my time n made sure i had something in my tummy before having a first drink. i felt fine x

So pleased to hear that! :D Looking forward to a couple of glasses of wine!

she will only gain water though right? she can only gain fat is she has 3500 calories over her maintenance rate?

Back