One of my horses died today.

fillymum

synful soul
He was such a character, he was so naughty and I will miss him so much.

He was living with a friend. She has just phoned to say she had turned him out this morning, he galloped down the field, fell and never got up. ahae had had a heart attack.

He was 12 years old, so young for a horse.

Ah sue huge hugs. I know how much your animals mean to you.

Sounds like his death was quick and hopefully painless. Take solace in that thought xx

Oh gosh, I'm sorry to hear that. Hugs to you.
So young too. We've luckily never lost a young one (we have Shetland Ponies, most from the Wild Horse Welfare) but we did make the decision to have one put to sleep last winter. He suffered terribly with laminitis and an undiagnosed skin condition. The kindest thing in the end was to put him out of his pain. He was a grumpy sod but such a character, and I still miss him now. It's amazing how these creatures touch our hearts, even when they are only with us a short time :) Agree with the above poster, he'll have gone quickly, and peacefully.

Sweet dreams, Fillymum's Horse.x

My thoughts and good energy are with you sue. Take care. :flowers:

Oh no. What a shock, and so sad that he died so young. It sounds like he was doing what he loved in his last moments though,and that it was quick. Do you think there must have been underlying health issues, or does this sometimes happen with horses? (I've ridden friends ponies as a child, but never known much about them really).

Anyway - huge hugs for you. I know your animals are like your family. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

How Heart wrenching :( I worked in a riding stables for 6 years and saw a few deaths whilst I was there... I completely feel for you xx

Sad news. We all know how much you love and care for your animals Sue. Thinking of you xxxx

Thank you for all your kind words.

It was such a good way for him to go......far too soon, but at least he had not suffered a long or painful illness with lots of uncomfortable treatment.

We are so, so sad. We had such a lot to do with Desmond. None of our horses ever leave here before they are 4 years old and we have done all the ground work with them so that we know they have been " started" properly. With Desmond he stayed until he was 8 years old and was the sire of one of the best foals we have ever bred.

He was a naughty, mischievous and such a loving character. He will certainly never be forgotten.

This is such a magical place, your good wishes mean so much to me.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Run free lovely boy! Give my love to Humph when you see him xxx
Love and hugs to all his connections xxxx

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Run free lovely boy! Give my love to Humph when you see him xxx
Love and hugs to all his connections xxxx

That is beautiful and has started me off all over again. I can hardly see the keys.

hugs xxxxxxx

fillymum said:
That is beautiful and has started me off all over again. I can hardly see the keys.

hugs xxxxxxx

I'm sorry-it was never my intention to upset you more :( I can't seem to get anything right at the moment :( x

Welshtigger said:
I'm sorry-it was never my intention to upset you more :( I can't seem to get anything right at the moment :( x

I'm sure it was in a lovely way though Jo. It brought a tear to my eyes. A lovely thoughtful poem. X

Back