One of them days!

Tinytootz

Mini crazy cat lady
Having one of those down days. We've taken on a Cockatoo who self mutilates, and yesterday picked a hole in his chest right through to his ribs. So most of yesterday I was deeply saddened, as there was nothing I could do, and there was blood everywhere. Other half came home to try and sort it, and he was snappy with me, snappy with the bird, so I ended up in tears. This was then followed by a work meeting, where I found out we're facing a 50% pay cut. Went to bed in a funny mood, and woke up feeling ever so down, and wanting to crawl under a rock till June!

Cockatoo has picked a hole in his dressing, so looks like my day is going to be similar to yesterday. The house is a right mess, as the other half is slowly in the process of moving in, but all I want to do is sit and wallow. It's one of them days when your hair is frizzy, spots on your face, convinced nothing fits, and don't want to go out in public!

So I'm gonna have to kick myself up the arse, go the the post office, then set about tidying the house, see if it lifts my mood when there isn't bird seed and cat hair everywhere!

Roll on Friday, my day off! Even if it has already been filled with things to do........*sob*

Sending you good :vibes: and a big :hug99:.

No wonder you feel like crawling under a rock, you poor soul - that's a lot of stress to deal with all at once. Huge big *hugs* to you:grouphugg:

Getting out and getting on at the house will defintely help, I'd think; a bit of fresh air's always useful and if your surrounding are sorted it's happier to be in.

It sounds pants. A really rotten day.

The only advice I can give you is to tackle the things that are getting you down the most first. You will feel so much better when you get some order into your day.

As for the problem with your cockatoo I am sure you have looked on the Internet and consulted you vet. I found this .......

http://exoticpets.about.com/od/cockatoos/p/cockatoos.htm

I hope this end of the day will be better for you.

big, big hugs xxxxxx

Thanks Fillymum, I have done extensive research on it (it is my job after all :D ) and its a case of keeping on bandaging him until he perhaps 'forgets' about it and leaves it alone. If only he didn't have such a darn sharp beak, and didn't keep saying 'hello' in his cute voice! But at least the blood came out the sofa :(

Not gone out, decided to stay in and clean the house from top to bottom. 3 hours later (it is 3 story!) and it's done! I always feel better when I'm not surrounded by cat hair, dust, and general ick!

Oh no, sending nice thouhhts and hugs to you hope tomorrow a better day xx

Back